Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Module not working with Paypal Express Checkout

Whew, finally made it through all of the issues of concern, the first being that the shipping weight didn't show up in paypal. At what point in the checkout process is paypal being selected? Is this before the guest has gotten through the multiple pages leading to the payment page, or on the payment page?

I haven't tried to test the shipping process using the new version expecting anything different than before, but historically if at the shopping cart page, paypal was selected, then the shipping charges do not show up in paypal at that point, but if the customer continues on with the checkout, they will appear before confirmation, and the guest will be charged the applicable shipping fee through paypal at completion.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Oba-san. This discussion is really helping me. I have already asked the store manager and the clerk to let me know what shipping methods they use the most. I want to whittle this list down to just a few choices; your 4 choices sound good to me.

One final question: On the 20 lb and 40 lb examples, why did the envelopes show up as a mailing option since in the shipping module, I left the preset max .8125 lb and these examples are definitely much heavier. So I would have thought that the envelope options would disappear for these 2 cases. (We will need to have an envelope options since the gallery has a line of greeting cards.) How do I keep the envelope option but not have it present for larger than 1 lb packages? Should the .8125 be set to something else or is it not activated even though that shipping option has a checkbox?

karine

Plugin Contributions

You would need to ask USPS why they ship 40lb envelopes ...

If you need an envelope then set the Maximum weight lower so it does not show on heavy weights ... just edit the USPS shipping and change the Maximum Weight setting ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I don't understand....

The max weight on an envelope is set at under 1 lb in the shipping module. So why would it show as an option for an order that is well over 1 lb. By setting it lower, do you think changing .8125 to .5 should make a difference? (I'll try it but I don't know why the .8125 doesn't work).

karine

Plugin Contributions

okay, I kept the following domestic rates:

lst class large env for 0 to .5 lbs
    lst class parcel for 0 to .8125 lbs
    Standard Post for 0 to 70 lbs
    Priority for 0 to 70 lbs
    Priority Express for 0 to 70 lbs

When I put one of the silk fabric products (2 lbs) in the cart, I only come up with Priority Mail and Priority Express options.
    When I put the one ring (under jewelry - 0.3 oz) in the cart, I only come up with Priority Mail and Priority Express options.

Why are the first three options (1st class and Standard Post) not showing up as shipping options to the customer?

karine

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by karine View Post
    okay, I kept the following domestic rates:

lst class large env for 0 to .5 lbs
    lst class parcel for 0 to .8125 lbs
    Standard Post for 0 to 70 lbs
    Priority for 0 to 70 lbs
    Priority Express for 0 to 70 lbs

When I put one of the silk fabric products (2 lbs) in the cart, I only come up with Priority Mail and Priority Express options.
    When I put the one ring (under jewelry - 0.3 oz) in the cart, I only come up with Priority Mail and Priority Express options.

Why are the first three options (1st class and Standard Post) not showing up as shipping options to the customer?

karine
    Do you have any weight buffer for packing materials that might put the total weight of the 0.3 oz ring over the 1st class weights? As for the standard rate(s) not appearing, well I'm drawing a blank on that one.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

There are USPS rules on weight ...

Domestic 1st Class only allows for 13 oz ... setting it to half a pound is not going to make it work ...

The default settings for First Class Domestic are:
    First Class Letter: .21875
    First Class Envelope .8125
    First Class Parcel .8125

International:
    First Class Letter .21875
    First Class Envelope 4
    First Class Package 4

You can lower Maximum weights, but you cannot raise them ... I believe your other settings should be fine ...

NOTE: On USPS, if you are not sure what all of the other Maximum Weights are, you can uninstall the USPS shipping module and start over ... Reading up on the shipping rules on the USPS website is always a good idea. When using the Calculator, there are icons with question marks in them next to the shipping method and clicking those give more details on limitations on a shipping method ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: be aware the weights on a Product are set in pounds ...

1 oz = 0.0625
    4 oz = 0.25
    13 oz = 0.8125
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much, Ajeh and MC. Very, very helpful to me and I think this discussion will help others as well.

I really appreciate all of your advice. Thank you.!

karine

p.s. We just got 5 inches of snow on the Oregon coast; everything is at a standstill. We are not used to this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12