Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Apparel Boutique Template

Quote Originally Posted by naczyls747 View Post
    Dear Anne,
    May I know if it's possible to let "Product Description" at product listing page to be permanently shown without having to click on it to toggle it to display the details?

Thanks!
    If you read back in the thread you will find a patch that was posted to fix this.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

I have just activated this template on a client's live install - site located at 'sunnsand (dot) com (dot) au'

It is a wholesale site requiring login to view and purchase.

Before attempting to install CSS_JS_loader I did a css validation at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ which gave me 21 css errors (CSS level 3) and 11 warnings.

Can't make head or tail of it what could be wrong.....

Do you think it is safe to install CSS_JS_loader without causing grief?

No rush please

Thanks / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Hi Anne,

I have just activated this template on a client's live install - site located at 'sunnsand (dot) com (dot) au'

It is a wholesale site requiring login to view and purchase.

Before attempting to install CSS_JS_loader I did a css validation at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ which gave me 21 css errors (CSS level 3) and 11 warnings.

Can't make head or tail of it what could be wrong.....

Do you think it is safe to install CSS_JS_loader without causing grief?

No rush please

Thanks / Frank
    I am currently seeing 3 errors, 2 of which are caused by ampersands in a url that does not use the & in place of the &.

The other error is for an unordered list tag.

The CSS errors are all being caused by the *zoom property that the validator does not like, but should not cause any problems with the css/js loader.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I am currently seeing 3 errors, 2 of which are caused by ampersands in a url that does not use the & in place of the &.

The other error is for an unordered list tag.

The CSS errors are all being caused by the *zoom property that the validator does not like, but should not cause any problems with the css/js loader.

Thanks,

Anne
    Thanks Anne

The unordered list tag is actually ok, it is generated by the ul generator for the mobile menu. And the URL's which do not contain the proper & are copied and pasted YouTube links.

The interesting thing is that different CSS validators are giving different 'errors' - neither of the errors on the 3 sites that I looked at are actually making sense and that's what's got me puzzled.

Bottom line: ignore the errors and install CSS_JS_loader

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Anne

The unordered list tag is actually ok, it is generated by the ul generator for the mobile menu. And the URL's which do not contain the proper & are copied and pasted YouTube links.

The interesting thing is that different CSS validators are giving different 'errors' - neither of the errors on the 3 sites that I looked at are actually making sense and that's what's got me puzzled.

Bottom line: ignore the errors and install CSS_JS_loader

Cheers / Frank
    That is strange! I am not seeing the error for the ul generator on the template demo. Did you change anything?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    That is strange! I am not seeing the error for the ul generator on the template demo. Did you change anything?
    No, Anne, nothing changed in that neck of the code, nor anywhere near it. When analyzing the html source I could not find a single </ul> that had a missing '>'

But, as mentioned above, all these css validators are using different standards such as CSS3 or 2.1..... I have now realized to take them with a pinch of salt. They seem to report serious (real) errors as well as junky ones. That's why I could not make head or tail of it initially.

So, nothing to worry about, your template is absolutely fine.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

No, Anne, nothing changed in that neck of the code, nor anywhere near it. When analyzing the html source I could not find a single </ul> that had a missing '>'

But, as mentioned above, all these css validators are using different standards such as CSS3 or 2.1..... I have now realized to take them with a pinch of salt. They seem to report serious (real) errors as well as junky ones. That's why I could not make head or tail of it initially.

So, nothing to worry about, your template is absolutely fine.

Cheers / Frank
    Ok, that's good to hear ;) Please be sure to post if you find anything wrong as you work with the template.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,
    RJ here from Memphis. I loaded your template on a new domain that I plan on switching every thing over to. The initial install went well and the slide was working sql patches and all. I exported my other website DB and imported into this new DB. all went well but I do not have the slide functioning. I tried to run the sql patches but the two responsive patches produced an error page the other worked. Obviously it is in the DB but where do I start on repairing the DB or do I start from scratch.

Thanks RJ

new site http://thetissueboxcoverstore.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by remops View Post
    Hi Anne,
    RJ here from Memphis. I loaded your template on a new domain that I plan on switching every thing over to. The initial install went well and the slide was working sql patches and all. I exported my other website DB and imported into this new DB. all went well but I do not have the slide functioning. I tried to run the sql patches but the two responsive patches produced an error page the other worked. Obviously it is in the DB but where do I start on repairing the DB or do I start from scratch.

Thanks RJ

Personally I prefer to do a clone of a DB first, check that all is working and only then commence installing and configuring a new template.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by remops View Post
    Hi Anne,

Thanks RJ

Yes, I agree with Frank 100%. You should first clone the site, do any upgrades that are necessary, and then install new templates ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast