Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Upgrading to 1.5.x / Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Locked

Views: 4,251

Results 1 to 20 of 25
This thread is locked. New replies are disabled.
16 Aug 2014, 11:01 PM
#1
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Dang, everything seemed to work so well with this upgrade. After searching, I understand that the EZ-pages are stored in the database? Well, after the database upgrade to 1.53 and installing the new version of zencart, my EZ pages info is only showing the Page titles only but are empty. the pages have the name of the page "page title" but when you open the document they are blank! I did get an error with the database import but I don't think this is related to my issue:

When upgrading in install of Zen Cart, I got the following errors across the top of the screen:

32 statements processed.
62 statements processed.
Note: 4 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
13 statements processed.
34 statements processed.
16 statements processed.

And then at the very bottom of the screen:

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.

Preliminary questions:
What version of Zen Cart are you using? Previously 1.38a, upgrading to 1.53
install via FTP.
I'm not sure if I have any plugins/addons other than the table shipping and 'free shipping' modules, that and paypal.
My SQL Server version: 5.1.73-log - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
PHP Version information: 4.1.14.2

16 Aug 2014, 11:08 PM
#2
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

I looked for the EZ pages listing in my database and found info! Before I much up this more, It looks like I can copy the html form the database. But I'd have to do this for EVERY page. Thank god the info is there. IS there an easier way to fix this? And if anyone knows, how did this happen? strange. Thanks for any help!

16 Aug 2014, 11:12 PM
#3
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

OK, now i'm really confused.

I can see my EZ page with and ID of '1' if I go to the website and click a link to that page.
If I pull up the page in my database, I can see it there.
When I try to edit it in EZ pages it's blank?

I'll await help before proceeding (I hope google doesn't spider my site in the meantime)

16 Aug 2014, 11:15 PM
#4
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

I found this thread that talks about the character set in the database. Is this my issue?

17 Aug 2014, 12:30 AM
#5
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

The previously mentioend thread I do not think is an appropriate solution since my files for language in admin/includes/language and in /includes/lanauge for english all show UTF-8, and my databases are all UTF-8 so i'm not sure what is causing this. Since my spouse who died a few months back maintained this site, i'm finding modificaiton as I go. I did see there was an EZ pages META tags add on. When I added the 1.5 version addon, it populated info from the database for those fields but I think there is another unidentified add on that needs to be upgraded which is affecting es pages. How can I tell what it is? :(

17 Aug 2014, 3:01 AM
#6
vickilapp avatar

vickilapp

New Zenner

Join Date:
Nov 2007
Location:
Alameda, CA
Posts:
38
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

I have a similar problem, and imagine that they are related. I hope it is appropriate to post here, if this may help those who are looking to fix this problem.

I just upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 and am also having an EZ-Page problem. Some of the EZ pages are OK. Some others are also "blank" in the "HTML content" area. I have many EZ-pages that do not show a link in the side bar, but have a link to it from another page in the website. For the ones where they are not showing a link in the sidebar, these pages are inaccessible, and the links do not work.

My site is http://beadinspirations.com.

A page with a link to an ez-page is: http://beadinspirations.com/dragonfly-fantasy-c-231_186.html

The link is: Step by step instructions: Click here
which should go to
http://beadinspirations.com/instructions-for-dragonfly-fantasy-necklace-ezp-92.html.

It just opens a blank page, unless I make the link visible in the sidebox. I don't want to make all my ez pages visible in the side box. What to do?

Thank you!
Vicki

17 Aug 2014, 5:15 AM
#7
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Wondering how is the link formatted in the location where it shows/follows as it compares to the locations that it doesn't? Ie, what is the actual php code that gets the guest/customer there?

Is one hard coded: http: / / mystore.com and the other made using the zen_href_link function?

Gachogavacho, this has been a long day for you. Is there possibly some error log(s) generated such as if the database has characters in it that likely cause problems because they are not escaped? (Instead of: he's here, should read: he's here.)

17 Aug 2014, 5:21 AM
#8
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

gachogavacho:

The previously mentioend thread I do not think is an appropriate solution since my files for language in admin/includes/language and in /includes/lanauge for english all show UTF-8, and my databases are all UTF-8 so i'm not sure what is causing this. Since my spouse who died a few months back maintained this site, i'm finding modificaiton as I go. I did see there was an EZ pages META tags add on. When I added the 1.5 version addon, it populated info from the database for those fields but I think there is another unidentified add on that needs to be upgraded which is affecting es pages. How can I tell what it is? :(

You may not be able to tell what it is, but you may be able to tell what it does and find a plugin that does that now (or perhaps it is already incorporated into the code), but if you download from this website the same version as what you were running, compare that version to yours, you can atleast identify what was changed about the core code. Then if you compare your template folder(s) to the default folder(s) you can further tell what has been installed. Usually either the filenames, notes in the code, or variable names will lead to identify what was installed. Again, some things like admin access control is already in the core ZC code and should not at all be incorporated into 1.5.x as it will cause trouble.

17 Aug 2014, 2:45 PM
#9
stellarweb avatar

stellarweb

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2006
Location:
Montana
Posts:
293
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Dr. Byte - should this go into bug fixes for 1.5.3?

I have inspected her code on the ezPage and the category page and it is fine..... This particular site mentioned below is a fresh install of 1.5.3 and mods added after the database was upgraded.

vickilapp:

I have a similar problem, and imagine that they are related. I hope it is appropriate to post here, if this may help those who are looking to fix this problem.

I just upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 and am also having an EZ-Page problem. Some of the EZ pages are OK. Some others are also "blank" in the "HTML content" area. I have many EZ-pages that do not show a link in the side bar, but have a link to it from another page in the website. For the ones where they are not showing a link in the sidebar, these pages are inaccessible, and the links do not work.

My site is http://beadinspirations.com.

A page with a link to an ez-page is: http://beadinspirations.com/dragonfly-fantasy-c-231_186.html

The link is: Step by step instructions: Click here
which should go to
http://beadinspirations.com/instructions-for-dragonfly-fantasy-necklace-ezp-92.html.

It just opens a blank page, unless I make the link visible in the sidebox. I don't want to make all my ez pages visible in the side box. What to do?

Thank you!
Vicki

17 Aug 2014, 3:44 PM
#11
stellarweb avatar

stellarweb

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2006
Location:
Montana
Posts:
293
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Hi Rick

I don't think so. There is no error being thrown like in that post. The link simply does not work.

I am going to test on a brand new install on a dev site without the SEO urls and see if that makes a difference.

17 Aug 2014, 3:56 PM
#12
stellarweb avatar

stellarweb

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2006
Location:
Montana
Posts:
293
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Ok - just tested on a new install of 1.5.3

Created the EZ Page

Set it to off on all areas - header, footer, sidebox, etc.

Dreaded blank white page

https://zencarthostingservice.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=11

No error thrown off in /logs file

Turn it on for the footer - page shows up fine

I am going to remove it from the footer to see if anyone that is following this thread can figure out what is going on

17 Aug 2014, 4:03 PM
#13
rixstix avatar

rixstix

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2009
Location:
North Idaho, USA
Posts:
2,015
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

That thread, post #13

Dr Byte said

they've always required "at least one active 'button'" for as long as I can remember. That's definitely NOT "new" in the last 3 years.

I had to get a bit creative with chapter numbers so that I could 'greenlight' the TOC for pages not wanted to appear in listings but be usable from links. I recently upgraded from v1.3.9h to v1.5.3 which was outside the 3 year window mentioned.

17 Aug 2014, 4:41 PM
#14
stellarweb avatar

stellarweb

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2006
Location:
Montana
Posts:
293
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

EzPages have always required at least one to be turned on and have a sort order number in the box in order to show up in footer / header / sidebox, etc - that is true. But I have always been able to access "inactive" pages that are not turned on anywhere simply by going to the link.

Here is another example on one of my sites that is running 1.5.1 of Zen Cart

http://www.tjsattic.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=9

It is a non active ezpage - and shows up fine if you have the link to it.

Attachment 14409

RixStix:

That thread, post #13

Dr Byte said

I had to get a bit creative with chapter numbers so that I could 'greenlight' the TOC for pages not wanted to appear in listings but be usable from links. I recently upgraded from v1.3.9h to v1.5.3 which was outside the 3 year window mentioned.

17 Aug 2014, 5:29 PM
#15
rixstix avatar

rixstix

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2009
Location:
North Idaho, USA
Posts:
2,015
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

I'm pretty sure that if the EZ page is not active from one of the options, it is no longer reachable.

CHANGE-425 - Fix for: Deleted ez-pages didn't trigger a 404 not found. Disabled pages were still reachable. Now sends to home page and shows message.

Sends to home page and shows message functions IF you make the edit suggested by AJEH in the other thread but does not make them reachable. The path to the file has a small glitch. includes/modules/pages/**page/**header_php.php

That is why I mentioned having to make changes to the Chapters and then turn ON the ToC greenlight to be able to reach EZ pages via a link without being in a footerlink, etc. It took quite a bit to regain functionality of being able to reach EZ pages via a link instead of menu.

That is what I experienced and sounds like that is what you are describing as seeing in 1.5.3?

17 Aug 2014, 5:59 PM
#16
stellarweb avatar

stellarweb

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2006
Location:
Montana
Posts:
293
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

Good eye Rick!

I can see fixing the deleted pages not triggering a 404 Error. Disappointed that it seems since V1.5.2 there has been some sort of change to "disabled" ez-pages, which does not send to home page.... as possibly a deleted one would, but goes to a blank page.

RixStix:

I'm pretty sure that if the EZ page is not active from one of the options, it is no longer reachable.

CHANGE-425 - Fix for: Deleted ez-pages didn't trigger a 404 not found. Disabled pages were still reachable. Now sends to home page and shows message.

Sends to home page and shows message functions IF you make the edit suggested by AJEH in the other thread but does not make them reachable. The path to the file has a small glitch. includes/modules/pages/**page/**header_php.php

That is why I mentioned having to make changes to the Chapters and then turn ON the ToC greenlight to be able to reach EZ pages via a link without being in a footerlink, etc. It took quite a bit to regain functionality of being able to reach EZ pages via a link instead of menu.

That is what I experienced and sounds like that is what you are describing as seeing in 1.5.3?

17 Aug 2014, 6:14 PM
#17
stellarweb avatar

stellarweb

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2006
Location:
Montana
Posts:
293
Plugin Contributions:
8

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Look in includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php around line 29

Change the following code:
// comment the following line to allow access to pages which don't have a status switch set to Yes:
$sql .= " AND (status_toc > 0 or status_header > 0 or status_sidebox > 0 or status_footer > 0)";

To this:
// comment the following line to allow access to pages which don't have a status switch set to Yes:
//$sql .= " AND (status_toc > 0 or status_header > 0 or status_sidebox > 0 or status_footer > 0)";

Then you will be able to see the ez_page if it is not active - see previous link that gave a white page

https://zencarthostingservice.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=11

17 Aug 2014, 6:20 PM
#18
rixstix avatar

rixstix

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2009
Location:
North Idaho, USA
Posts:
2,015
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

stellarweb:

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Look in includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php around line 29

Change the following code:
// comment the following line to allow access to pages which don't have a status switch set to Yes:
$sql .= " AND (status_toc > 0 or status_header > 0 or status_sidebox > 0 or status_footer > 0)";

To this:
// comment the following line to allow access to pages which don't have a status switch set to Yes:
//$sql .= " AND (status_toc > 0 or status_header > 0 or status_sidebox > 0 or status_footer > 0)";

Then you will be able to see the ez_page if it is not active - see previous link that gave a white page

https://zencarthostingservice.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=11

DarN,

I wish I knew that a couple weeks ago before I redid several dozen EZ pages as a workaround.

Good find. It pays to dig a bit deeper for little things like that.

17 Aug 2014, 9:57 PM
#19
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

vickilapp, I feel your pain! I can go to each page and put the code back in from my database since it is all still there but i'm affraid if I do that I might mess something up. It feels like there is soemthing with EZ pages that had an addon which is out of date and I need to upgrade. I'm not exactly sure what flies to look for.

MC123456789 - Thanks for your input. Yes, a long day indeed X-P. I think I understand what you mean - comparing files for differences but i'm not sure what files to look at in relation to EZ pages. I looked at my custom template and the default template and there isn't much there. Most of the customization is just in the CSS (i've been using winmerge for file comparisson). And in answer to your error log suggestion... I honestly don't know how to turn that on or if it is on, where it is stored. Just in the /logs folder? Your suggestion about the he/s vs he's makes sense but I hadn't edited the site, just did an upgrade. Would a mistake in the HTML from the EZ page content make this happen?

After i discovered this problem, I also realized that my new orders that are coming in through paypal were not posting, meaning, Customers came to my store, bought stuff, paid (paypal IPN) and after that I didn't get a notification email of the order, The customer also didn't get an email and worst of all the ADMIN area for orders has NOTHING. I since switched to paypal express checkout (the Paypal IPN was set in 2007 and has never changed). That seemed to fix it. I made a test order and I got all three notifications (customer email, order email and posting of order in admin area).

To anyone participating here: Can I just copy/paste what I see in the database into each EZ page and be done with it? I'm just worried something else might be wrong. I wish I could find out if an ez page addon was there that is likely old and just update it. Grrr! I'm getting there though!

17 Aug 2014, 10:40 PM
#20
gachogavacho avatar

gachogavacho

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2014
Posts:
27
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Disaster! My Ez-pages disappeared after upgrade to 1.5.3

RixStix:

Does this thread have any relevance?
[
http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?214007-Page-not-found-when-incorrect-EZPage-link](http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?214007-Page-not-found-when-incorrect-EZPage-link)

I'm looking at the thread and I don't think the info here suits my problem specifically. So, I think I'm going to try and just copy/paste a few of the non-essential pages and see if that works. I'm sure there is a plugin or addon having to do with Ez pages that I am not sure where/what to update/delete for it to grab the info from the database. I'll report back if it works, but I'd much rather find what's causing the pages not to load from the database rather than just doing this. oh well.