Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cannot login to admin, forgotten pw link only sends useless email

Are you using SSL for your admin? If so, make sure that both the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER settings in /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php start with https.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by southshorepizza View Post
    How come this won't work on the existing database.
    ...because you're trying to log into the Admin before running the zc_install database-upgrade step, and it's converting the password before the password field in the database is upgraded to be long enough to store the new more secure password format.

So:
    - import old database
    - run zc_install to upgrade the database, supplying the old admin pwd when prompted
    - THEN and only then, you can log into your Admin.

ALSO: If you're following the recommended upgrade process here: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading then this symptom would only occur on your temporary staging site, and never on your live site, because the only place you "import" a database is to the temporary staging site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ...because you're trying to log into the Admin before running the zc_install database-upgrade step, and it's converting the password before the password field in the database is upgraded to be long enough to store the new more secure password format.
    Actually I had already run zc_install then changed the configure.php file over to the old database and then run zc_install again and upgraded the database. It would allow me to log in with the old password once and that was it. Each additional attempt would require resetting the password either via email or via phpmyadmin.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So:
    - import old database
    - run zc_install to upgrade the database, supplying the old admin pwd when prompted
    - THEN and only then, you can log into your Admin.

ALSO: If you're following the recommended upgrade process here: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading then this symptom would only occur on your temporary staging site, and never on your live site, because the only place you "import" a database is to the temporary staging site.
    Actually this symptom would occur as it did. Now what I did find out was there was a corrupt file or something. Because I deleted the new install files and re-uploaded them. I then ran zc_install again. Again I went to the configure.php files and changed it to the old database that was previously upgraded and reset the password. Fortunately this worked fine. I was able to log in and out over and over again. When I tried to log into that same database from the live store on 1.5.1 I was unable to do so but I was still able to log in on the 1.5.4 test site. So I now have to users one for the 1.5.1 and one for the 1.5.4 while I work out the bugs between all the modules and custom coding.

I'm guessing it was a corrupt file since deleting all files and redoing the install fixed it.

Additionally I was using SSL and yes the https were set correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12