Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade v1.53 to v1.54 Database Upgrade Not Accepting Password

ok, as best that I can remember exactly what i did, these are the exact steps i did:

started on php 5.2 fastcgi , with renamed admin folder
    1) went through the whats changed page in DOCS and uploaded/replaced all these files in my zencart folder on my server
    2) tried to go to admin screen - i forget the order the errors happens in, but i got the t_static error and the blank screen error
    3) went on zencart forum and found patch to change files to work with php 5.2 ( comment before echo @gethostname(); line, change line to $levels = self::$levels; in class.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener )
    -) admin screen seemed to be working now, but had an error message on top about db being out of date. Went back on zencart forum to figure out how to resolve because I had forgotten about the need to run db update from zc_install as for other upgrades recently I just replaced the files and it was fine
    4) uploaded zc_install
    5) went to install page, it started giving me errors about not being able to find files in the /admin folder (because i had it renamed) so i renamed the folder and refreshed the page. also got errors about wrong chmod on both configure.php files so I chmoded both of them to the recommended values.
    6) still getting warning about php version, but ignored it and contined to DB upgrade, tried to do the upgrade, at this point was getting error about the password. tried like 4 more times in a row because I tried copying/typing manually/ etc....
    7) renamed admin folder back to renamed name, went back to the admin page to try to log in, got error about zc_install exiting, renamed the folder, refreshed, tried to log in and it worked.... said "wtf" and renamed zc_install back and admin back to admin then tried db upgrade again with same result.
    -) came to forum and posted....
    8) went into cpanel and found option to upgrade to php 5.4 fastcgi. was very hopeful this would fix the problem.
    9) went back to db upgrade, did not fix the problem...

--- nothing for a day ----

10) after getting clue from forum about password version format, renamed folders so i could log back into admin, and reset my password to something else
    11) tried db upgrade again and it worked

Plugin Contributions

I've been on this problem for the last 3 days and ended up on this thread. I'm in exactly the same position, i.e. followed the same procedures as in post #31, except after trying a password reset I still cant update the database and just get the message that the admin password is required to proceed. Before starting the database upgrade all the system inspection checks are OK except for "PHP open_basedir restrictions=". I'm struggling to find how to correct this but this apparently shouldn't affect the upgrade.
    So to summarise, I'm upgrading ZenCart (and the database) from 1.5.0 to 1.5.4. I have backed up the existing database, created a new one and imported the old database into the new one. Installed new version of ZenCart just by copying the files to a new directory and then edited the config files to point to this directory and new database files. I can rename the admin directory and zc_install folder and successfully log in to the admin area. I have also requested a password reset from the admin login page and then logged in again and entered a new password. Been round the whole thing a few times now and am just stuck trying to upgrade the database. Help! Please!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here's how I upgrade:
    1. Use a supported modern PHP version.
    2. make new folder and database
    3. upload new zen cart files to the folder
    4. run zc_install and choose "Install" (and tell it the same db_prefix as the old site is using), and install demo data. This populates the database and builds the config files.
    5. log in and make sure i can add to cart, and log in to admin. This is all temporary, but confirms the software works with the server configuration.
    6. import the old database into the new. This wipes all the new tables and replaces them with the old data.
    7. NOTE: I DO NOT LOG INTO THE ADMIN HERE, NOR ACCESS THE STOREFRONT AFTER IMPORTING AND BEFORE UPGRADING.
    8. run zc_install again, and this time choose "Database Upgrade", ignoring warnings about admin folder or configure.php files being writable.
    9. the upgrade will prompt me for the admin password, which is the password from my old store's admin. I enter that and it proceeds normally.
    10. delete zc_install, and login to admin, test storefront and checkout, etc.
    Done.

Note the NOTE in #7. If you're upgrading from prior to v1.5.2 and do login to the Admin at that stage you will alter the password format. I still don't see why zc_install would have any issue with that new password, but I'm guessing that's what's caused the issue for the folks in this discussion.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

IMHO #9 is the main problem in most cases of "won't accept my password." Perhaps the wording in zc_install could better reflect that fact.

Plugin Contributions

Yes DrByte!!!!! It is the #7 step that is causing the problem. I was being ultra methodical and checking the admin username and password still work before I try and upgrade the database, but as you say this changes the password format and then it all gets stuck! All running well now. Coffee time..... ;)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by acdGuitars View Post
    Yes DrByte!!!!! It is the #7 step that is causing the problem. I was being ultra methodical and checking the admin username and password still work before I try and upgrade the database, but as you say this changes the password format and then it all gets stuck! All running well now. Coffee time..... ;)
    Woot !

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Having the same password rejected problem upgrading from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 for www.marybeth-jewelry.com.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by irishshopper View Post
    Having the same password rejected problem upgrading from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 for www.marybeth-jewelry.com.
    I suspect it's a different problem, unless you're mixing PHP versions.
    I've asked a lot of questions about additional details in the posts prior to yours. Please answer those same questions, for your case.

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to post a reply in here to hopefully aid with working out what is causing this issue...

I have been battling with this exact same issue for several weeks to no avail.

This morning I tried changing the admin password and re-trying the database upgrade and it worked! :-)

I didn't at any point login to admin or access storefront during the upgrade process from v1.5.3 to v1.5.4

Oh I have been using PHP version 5.5 all the way through.

This is all a bit of a mystery to me as to why it didn't work originally, but this fix worked for me!

Plugin Contributions

We just could not crack it so deleted everything and did a fresh install of V 1.5.4.

We do however have quite a few ZenCarts V1.3.9 we need to upgrade to V1.5.4 and not looking forward to this.

Have discovered an added problem in that V1.5.4 needs PHP V.5.4 but versions 1.3.9 will NOT work with this so upgrading the server to PHP5.4 will knock out all older versions of ZenCart.

The work around is to alter the .htaccess file and add in a php.ini file. All an added complication.

We host with Bluehost but they won't discuss any ZenCart problems with you unless you installed ZenCart using their MOJO software and will not support any installations done manually with FTP upload (we use CoreFTP).

As we take payments by PayPal Express and Nochex we never receive any of our customers payment details ourselves so don't need a Certificate but Bluehost do everything they can to force us to buy one but having over 30 ZenCarts this would add to our costs considerably each year.

They tried putting one of our ZenCarts onto a VPS where we were entitled to a free certificate but we found while we could access the storefront the link to the admin area no longer worked so had to revert back to a shared system.

Quote Originally Posted by soundcatcher View Post
    I just wanted to post a reply in here to hopefully aid with working out what is causing this issue...

I have been battling with this exact same issue for several weeks to no avail.

This morning I tried changing the admin password and re-trying the database upgrade and it worked! :-)

I didn't at any point login to admin or access storefront during the upgrade process from v1.5.3 to v1.5.4

Oh I have been using PHP version 5.5 all the way through.

This is all a bit of a mystery to me as to why it didn't work originally, but this fix worked for me!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast