Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Email issues with Bluehost -- suddenly none are going through

TIA to all that help...

within the last 4-6 weeks The emails from my cart has been spiratic - then nothing - We are not high traffic so I have just discovered that all emails are not going thru - I have been online with bluehost for over two hours with very little success!

Emails will go to my webmail in the cpanel - which is a total pain to check several time a day....my email can either be ###################### or @att.net. They say @att.net is not in their domain. What that means I do not know..
    Transport is PHP - smtp and smtpauth comes with an error.
    Linefeeds ar LF
    port is 25 or 26.

PS I have the CEon Credit card module and the infor from that does arrive along with the low stock notification.- which is puzzling.. I tried to find out the difference to possibly reset it with no luck.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email issues with Bluehost -- suddenly none are going through

Quote Originally Posted by stitchnkitty View Post
    Transport is PHP - smtp and smtpauth comes with an error.
    What exactly is the error? It probably is telling you that you've entered the wrong SMTP credentials in the Admin->Configuration->Email Options settings.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I receive no error unless it is in a log that I am not familiar with - It just does not arrive in my inbox.... That is why it has taken so long to figure out the extent of the problem - I have a tech ticket out at bluehost for them to investigate. What is interesting is that there was a period of time that some arrived some did not that then nothing....

I can understand why the email with the cc info may have come thru because that operates on a module with possibly different transport specs. but the low stock notice? and not the others?

Plugin Contributions

Good morning all -
    This is a fresh day and DrByte has gotten me to think about the pattern that is going on and the fact that these email are spiractically coming then nothing - Novice thought is ---firewall - I updated zonealarm, and entered my site as trusted. My test did go thru to my att.net email which it had not before - so I am going to give it a few days and see if it will continue or if it is a floock. IF this is it then TY very much DR BYTE for your infinite wisdom. If not I will post again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

While you're using a very old version of Zen Cart, you could try applying this change in order to force the logging of email-related errors into the /logs/ folder:
    See: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/801/files

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

GM Dr Byte - well the simple change in the firewall allowed a test to come thru but nothing else so I am back to square one. Bluehost is not responding to my request - they say tif they can not replicate it then ...

Did check out your suggestion - Add the following to the file.
    + if ($ErrorInfo != '') {
    + trigger_error('Email Error: ' . $ErrorInfo);
    + }

so that it looked like this:
    $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_EMAIL_AFTER_SEND_ALL_SPECIFIED_ADDRESSES');

- if (EMAIL_FRIENDLY_ERRORS=='false' && $ErrorInfo != '') die('<br /><br />Email Error: ' . $ErrorInfo);
    + }

return $ErrorInfo;
    } // end function

It did not like that so well.

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry if my response is way out of target. I am using bluehost as well as I have different versions of ZenCart setup for staging purposes only. I had an issue with Bluehost that lasted for a month and was only resolved few weeks ago.
    The support team was useless and only when I pressed them hard on the issue, they were able to find out that my domains were blocked from sending mail to any external server. It took 24 hours for them to unblock it. The symptoms were, I could send emails to myself (on bluehost hosted domains) but not to my Gmail or Hotmail accounts or any of my clients addresses. Someone apparently had reported my domains as sending spam which was not the case. Have you tried sending mail from webmail to your none bluehost address?

If I am off the mark, please ignore my response.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    While you're using a very old version of Zen Cart, you could try applying this change in order to force the logging of email-related errors into the /logs/ folder:
    See: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/801/files
    Did check out your suggestion - Add the following to the file.
    + }

so that it looked like this:
    $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_EMAIL_AFTER_SEND_ALL_SPECIFIED_ADDRESSES');

- if (EMAIL_FRIENDLY_ERRORS=='false' && $ErrorInfo != '') die('<br /><br />Email Error: ' . $ErrorInfo);
    + }

return $ErrorInfo;
    } // end function

It did not like that so well.
    The "-" at the beginning of those lines in red indicates lines to remove.
    The "+" at the beginning of the lines in green indicates lines to add. (or in some cases you'll see that the green is replacing what the red was)
    The "-" and "+" at the beginning of the line should NOT be put into your own files, as that will cause errors.

Plugin Contributions

TY Riomaha- Bluehost used to be so responsive - but with a 30 min wait time and chat that is worthless - and conversion on facebook that is time consuming and about worthless. I can use this to ask - about the blocking issue..

Dr byte - OMG as I have said I am a total newbie - I did the additions as suggested but what will this tell us?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I did the additions as suggested but what will this tell us?
    In your first post you said that when emails are sent you get an error, but didn't say what it was.
    Then I asked what the error message was.
    Then you said you didn't know. .... which is baffling to me because you said you got an error.
    So then I gave you the above code changes so that the error could be logged to the /logs/ folder with any other PHP errors your site is encountering.
    Now you can look in the /logs/ folder and find out what the errors are.
    Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...in-logs-folder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast