Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleted admin/includes Folder now error 500 on admin home

We are not in a shared hosting environment. We are running Ubuntu 16, Apache2, PHP 7.0.

Okay, I did figure out that the php 7.0 error log was not set in php.ini, and so I set that to syslog.

php doesn't report anything into syslog.

The Apache2 error log is reporting:

Code:
    192.168.1.1 - - [20/Sep/2016:13:28:00 -0500] "GET /store/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1" 500 366 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.$
    192.168.1.1 - - [20/Sep/2016:13:28:10 -0500] "GET /store/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1" 500 366 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.$
    192.168.1.1 - - [20/Sep/2016:13:28:18 -0500] "GET /store/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1" 500 366 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.$
    192.168.1.1 - - [20/Sep/2016:13:28:18 -0500] "GET /store/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1" 500 366 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.$

Plugin Contributions

ok, you are having a system configuration problem, from the looks of it. you are getting a 500 error which could mean anything. this looks to be happening before the ZC error logging gets loaded, which is why you have no error_logs in the ZC logs folder.

i want to ensure that i have all of the key details.

- store side works fine. admin side worked fine until you tried installing a new plugin.
    - private server, on which you have complete access.
    - you changed some ownerships and permissions on files on the admin side.

is this all correct? specifically the store side still works fine?

if the store side works fine, i would check the ownership of the user and group on the files there as well as the permissions and ensure that matches on the admin side. change the admin side to match what you have on the store side.

i would then check to see if a page can get served out of the admin directory without touching any of the ZC files. i would create a file in the admin directory called info.php with the following code:

Code:
    <?php

phpinfo();
    i would then go www.YOURSTORE.com/YOUR_ADMIN/info.php

and see if you get the a phpinfo page. if that does not work, lets look at the error logs again. if that does work, lets see if you can login to the admin. if that does not work on the login, we need to start troubleshooting from within the index.php script on the admin side.

does that make any sense?

when troubleshooting the index.php i normall put in die statements and see if i can get to that part of the script to see where i am failing.

also, please doublecheck your admin configure.php file. just in case.

good luck. let us know what you figure out.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I got index.php loading and am troubleshooting it now. In application_top.php at about line #79 it has:

Code:
    if (file_exists('includes/configure.php')) {
      /**
       * load the main configure file.
       */
          include('includes/configure.php');
    }
    I have been inserting the following code to see how far the php engine gets:

Code:
          echo ("this far");
    It doesn't get past the include('includes/configure.php". If I comment this line out, it goes to the install information page.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I think we cross-posted. The info.php returns a full page of information.

Seems that the configure.php file is stopping where the zen_parse_url function is first at:

Code:
      define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', zen_parse_url(HTTP_SERVER, '/path')) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
    I found this function in the Functions folder in general.php. However, I do not see how the file is loaded before the above line is executed.

The store side does work and I can run completely through the order process, however it doesn't send the admin email confirmation.
    Last edited by Fjolsvith; 20 Sep 2016 at 08:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

awesome!

something is wrong in your configures file. if you are running v1.5.5, there is very little to do there. are you sure you have the DB credentials entered properly?

you need to look at the admin/includes/configure.php and continue with the echo.... although there may be some more valuable information in the apache error log.

alternatively to echo you can use:

Code:
    die(__FILE__ . ':' . __LINE__);

// maybe try:

echo(__FILE__ . ':' . __LINE__);
    if the echo statement works you can put it into multiple spots and see where you are, as it will echo the script and the line number.

Plugin Contributions

that could be your problem. in v1.5.5 i see that function defined here:

admin/includes/defined_paths.php:

i do not see in general. i only see it in general.php within the zc_install directory. so i'm not sure what you are doing there.

i would think that the apache error log has something.

i would also echo HTTP_SERVER to see what it's value is, and why the zen_parse_url function is choking on it.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, it is definitely stopping where the 'zen_parse_url' function is being called.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, the access log is showing apache serving up index.php and the /favicon.ico (which is my site's pretty icon).

The Apache error.log doesn't give anything bad.

The HTTP_SERVER returns "http://mydomain.com".

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I see that the Defined_paths.php is loaded on down further than the config file. Does the function have to be loaded before it gets called?

Plugin Contributions

you are making headway, but i think you need to step back a moment.

the problem you are having is related to something you did, or changed, etc. changing the base files as far as the loading of modules, functions, etc makes little to no sense to me.

v1.5.5 has been pretty thoroughly tested so that the loading of these modules should already be done properly. why/how would they beout of sequence right now? assuming that is, in fact, the problem.

if you are calling a function that has not been loaded, and i would think that error would get logged into the apache error log.

while you can try loading that script in the configure.php i really think you need to think about how you got into the state that you are in, and how to get out of it. if in fact you are in it.... you could try echoing in the zen_parse_url function to see if you are getting there.

as you seem pretty competent, i would look into a svn program and external repository for your code. i like .git and bitbucket. i find it tremendously helpful to keep track of changes so that backing out of plugin installs is much easier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast