Plugin Contributions

Default Turn off SSL for Checkout Pages

My client accepts Paypal and their SSL certificate recently expired. While I am waiting for the SSL to be installed, I need people to still be able to checkout. Since its Paypal and offsite, I see no issue with this temporary solution. I can't seem to turn off the SSL during checkout. So on the cart page: (http://www.peoyearbooks.com/index.ph...=shopping_cart) It is forcing SSL on the IPN during checkout.

I tried disabling IPN in Paypal and removing the s (in HTTP) for the return URL. Yet the cart page Checkout or even Paypal Express button are both giving the Expired SSL error.

The store is currently using: Paypal Express Checkout and I turned off SSL in the includes/config.php file for now.

I don't understand how the store payment and checkout buttons are still asking for a secure URL when I turned them off in the includes/config.php (which I changed a line to: define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');) For the next day I need to be able to turn off SSL during checkout but it doesn't seem to be happening.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn off SSL for Checkout Pages

The includes/configure.php file resets itself to read only, are you sure that prior to saving that it's permissions were 644 to support updating the ENABLE_SSL to false?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty sure that PayPal has updated their requirements such that any communications to/from your store must use https protocols.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that PayPal has updated their requirements such that any communications to/from your store must use https protocols.
    Hmmmmmmmm. You think Paypal now requires HTTPS? IF this is true this is going to change alot? I know in Wordpress its still not an issue (to a week ago), I just finished a site with Paypal and without SSL with no issue. From what you wrote I believe you are saying "any communications". Does that mean turn of API and Instant Payment Notification then it might work, or does that mean accepting Paypal in general? I thought the Address from Paypal gets populated into Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The includes/configure.php file resets itself to read only, are you sure that prior to saving that it's permissions were 644 to support updating the ENABLE_SSL to false?
    I was deleting the file from the server and then re-uploading the newly changed file. So I assume it was being updated. I will have to recheck and get back to you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I was deleting the file from the server and then re-uploading the newly changed file. So I assume it was being updated. I will have to recheck and get back to you.
    May want to double check also that don't have ENABLE_SSL set to true say in includes/local/configure.php (if one exists). It's not just the shopping cart to checkout that is affected but also the login page link.

Especially consider this a possibility considering the method described at "updating" the file, although have seen times where that too wasn't successful because the method of operation to do that has for one reason or another not worked (dropped connection/timeout type situation but screen continued to appear "up-to-date").

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    May want to double check also that don't have ENABLE_SSL set to true say in includes/local/configure.php (if one exists). It's not just the shopping cart to checkout that is affected but also the login page link.

Especially consider this a possibility considering the method described at "updating" the file, although have seen times where that too wasn't successful because the method of operation to do that has for one reason or another not worked (dropped connection/timeout type situation but screen continued to appear "up-to-date").

Plugin Contributions

My new SSL certificate was installed, before I was able to get back and diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help.