Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Site is looking fine on desktop, but mobile????

Using responsive_classic.

https://www.thercrv.com

Well, just when I thought I was thru all the tough stuff, I happened to look at our site on my smart phone (do not have a tablet to check), what a mess. Can somebody point me in the direction of support for the mobile version of responsive classic? Looks like I have to start efforts on fixing a lot of stuff.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site is looking fine on desktop, but mobile????

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Using responsive_classic.

https://www.thercrv.com

Well, just when I thought I was thru all the tough stuff, I happened to look at our site on my smart phone (do not have a tablet to check), what a mess. Can somebody point me in the direction of support for the mobile version of responsive classic? Looks like I have to start efforts on fixing a lot of stuff.
    Looks fine on my mobile, perhaps try clearing the browsing data.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

There shouldn't be any cache on my phone as that was the first time I went to it. On my phone, the blank_sidebox module content is showing below the header, content is missing from Important links, the images aren't rendering correctly, the Information box is mis-formatted and on and on and on. I'm making a comprehensive list. Care to send me a screenshot of the page you see?

Plugin Contributions

I hadn't compared the mobile view to the desktop view and was expecting to see more of a 'mess'. Once you've made your list perhaps post in the Respionsive Classic support thread.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

So I don't know about your mobile device but I see that there are what, webp extension? My device won't play/show it, but it will support "downloading" it... That I'm afraid has nothing to do with the template, responsive or otherwise. No idea why that filetype was selected, but highly suggest using something more web browser friendly...

As far as any other "issues"? I don't really see anything directly on the site in a mobile device that is problematic per se. Nothing that would make me want to avoid the site if it contains the things I were searching...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So I don't know about your mobile device but I see that there are what, webp extension? My device won't play/show it, but it will support "downloading" it... That I'm afraid has nothing to do with the template, responsive or otherwise. No idea why that filetype was selected, but highly suggest using something more web browser friendly....
    WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WebP, webmasters and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster. Maybe you should consider a modern browser?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WebP, webmasters and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster. Maybe you should consider a modern browser?
    So are you saying that all of the slider images are appearing on your mobile device? Considering your original complaint, the path provided with no further guidance of where to go to see the problem, the only image display issue I am/was experiencing is as described with webp extensions... Please enlighten us on what then is not displaying? I can tell you it has zero to do with the template type selection.

And now... there is some sort of "restocking" display that is causing normal access to show a "can't establish a secure connection" while the same page is "accessible" by removing www. from the url prefix... but.. when accessed that way none of the css is properly displayed...

You know, something else that would help to identify the issue(s) would be to identify what was changed in the default copy of the template to get what was wanted as it could have very likely caused exactly what is being seen as a problem...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So are you saying that all of the slider images are appearing on your mobile device? Considering your original complaint, the path provided with no further guidance of where to go to see the problem, the only image display issue I am/was experiencing is as described with webp extensions... Please enlighten us on what then is not displaying? I can tell you it has zero to do with the template type selection.

And now... there is some sort of "restocking" display that is causing normal access to show a "can't establish a secure connection" while the same page is "accessible" by removing www. from the url prefix... but.. when accessed that way none of the css is properly displayed...

You know, something else that would help to identify the issue(s) would be to identify what was changed in the default copy of the template to get what was wanted as it could have very likely caused exactly what is being seen as a problem...
    Yup, nothing wrong with the images at all. As I read thru this thread, I see
    "........Once you've made your list perhaps post in the Respionsive Classic support thread. " is still on here also.

Plugin Contributions

I'm now starting to get into the images phase and I think I see what you may have been trying to say. I suspect it is related to the sizes on the images and not the webp format, the webp format is a superior format and I'm not going to change that if I can help it. I'd rather not go backwards in technology. The sizes, locations etc is where I'm just starting, and I think I did it wrong just to upload images without sizing them. Not a problem, thats easy to back out from, create the right sizes and move those to the right directories. I have read, with great interest, your communique from 2012 with lindagal2's thread - How do I add_MED &_LRG product images?, and see the value and points you make therein. I don't what to say if you had missing images when you browsed the site thercrv.com, as I do indeed see them all, some are just different sizes than others. I do think I'll be able to take care of the display issues regarding sizes. I wanted to jump on here and thank you for your efforts of 2012 and let ya know they are still being referenced today. So Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Note: If your target audience (customers) use Apple devices, they will have trouble viewing .webp images. Safari doesn't support them yet.

But, if you don't care about sales to customers using a Mac or iPhone or iPad, then you don't need to worry about webp.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast