Page 357 of 358 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358 LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3571
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not built in still based on the idea that not everyone needs our wants attribute stock control. Also I haven't tried it yet, but don't (yet) know of anything preventing its operation.

Reporting of one's own experience would help others/all.
    I'm going to guess not compatible with 2.0.0. Uploading files causes entire site to crash with 500 error. Both admin (so install script cannot be run) and storefront.

Plugin Contributions

Not built in still based on the idea that not everyone needs our wants attribute stock control. Also I haven't tried it yet, but don't (yet) know of anything preventing its operation.

Reporting of one's own experience would help others/all.
    So I'm guessing not compatible with 2.0.0. Copying files (prior to installation) results in 500 error taking both admin and storefront down.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pegasuspublishing View Post
    So I'm guessing not compatible with 2.0.0. Copying files (prior to installation) results in 500 error taking both admin and storefront down.
    Which files were loaded? Have a feeling that not the ones from github where would suggest using the 1.5.8 files etc for the version specific files.

Otherwise please provide error log info while obscuring admin directory information.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Which files were loaded? Have a feeling that not the ones from github where would suggest using the 1.5.8 files etc for the version specific files.

Otherwise please provide error log info while obscuring admin directory information.
    FYI, I applied the functional changes of the github version for 1.5.8 against a new 2.0.0 system and other than the admin menus generating deprecation messages once per session, had no issue with installation. I didn't attempt full configuration, but that's to follow after incorporating the appropriate admin header calls in the admin screens.

Plugin Contributions

Hi I am getting closer to launching this plugin on a live site and have been testing on a temporary url. My plan is to cross reference my QB data base w/ the SBA data base each day as products are replenished almost daily and sold daily. In addition to the existing products in the database, there will be new products added to the inventory that were not previously in the database. This requires a manual addition in ZC w/ attributes. I may be missing something and I apologize if I am. Is there a way to add products to the SBA database individually (sometimes there is only 1 brand new product added) without having to shuffle the entire sba database? For some reason, when I process the "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only", it duplicates all the pre-existing data within SBA forcing me to remove the data and re-add. Ideally, I would like to be able to add the one or two products to ZC then add just those products to the SBA data.

I am using 1.5.8a, Responsive template. url is pfcfurnitureindustries.com..... I apologize if this has been addressed, I struggled to find it by search in the thread search option. Thank you so much the plugin in great.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrey View Post
    Hi I am getting closer to launching this plugin on a live site and have been testing on a temporary url. My plan is to cross reference my QB data base w/ the SBA data base each day as products are replenished almost daily and sold daily. In addition to the existing products in the database, there will be new products added to the inventory that were not previously in the database. This requires a manual addition in ZC w/ attributes. I may be missing something and I apologize if I am. Is there a way to add products to the SBA database individually (sometimes there is only 1 brand new product added) without having to shuffle the entire sba database? For some reason, when I process the "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only", it duplicates all the pre-existing data within SBA forcing me to remove the data and re-add. Ideally, I would like to be able to add the one or two products to ZC then add just those products to the SBA data.

I am using 1.5.8a, Responsive template. url is pfcfurnitureindustries.com..... I apologize if this has been addressed, I struggled to find it by search in the thread search option. Thank you so much the plugin in great.
    I have no recollection of quite a similar question being asked. Please allow me to try to describe what I understand so that can help identify one or more ways to address the issue(s).

A) Have an "established" store that is using SBA to track product that have attributes.
    B) Have a method of adding product to the store.
    C) The method to add product to the store occasionally includes product that have attributes.
    D) The method of adding product with attributes to the store includes product not previously tracked by SBA.
    E) Want to be able to address new product with attributes by making it accessible to SBA for stock control of attribute related product.

So far so good?

Then, a few things come to mind as questions:
    1) Does the addition of product with attributes include product already assigned to SBA and have you worked through the associated stock management? (Either adding the quantity to be addressed or make the available quantity whatever is being imported?)
    2) Do product transition from having attributes to not having attributes? (This is like deleting the attribute(s) from a specific product. I'm not necessarily referring to the addition of product that do not have attributes, though there may be an offshoot from that discussion/answer.)
    3) Does the addition of product with attributes necessarily generate a new attribute off of an existing product already tracked by SBA? (E.g., Large colored shirts now have a newly available color.)
    4) How many user selectable attributes (option names) are to be assigned to a product? (E.g. T-shirt of a given (fixed) size with (selectable) colors [One option name: color] or perhaps T-shirt of multiple (selectable) sizes available in multiple (selectable) colors [two option names: size and color]).

As to the query that was executed in the SBA Configuration area ("Add product attributes that are NOT display-only"). That (and other) queries were written with a specific task in mind and were generally hard coded for consideration against the entire database. BUT... I have heard of others adding their own set of queries or as originally developed/commented by Pottery House, to modify them to perform a desired operation.

I would generally discourage revising the existing functionality and instead add one or more new options to accomplish the task. At least in this way existing functionality would remain as seen necessary to perform and updates would be "easier". If you do go with the addition of one or more new queries, post either here or in github, notifiers could be added into the code to better support such modification and support removing your changes from the plugin's code.

So, yes, though I have not today reviewed the operation of the "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only" selection, it does not surprise me that the result is duplication of existing SBA variants, mostly because the statement doesn't say: "Add new product attributes that are NOT display-only" or "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only AND do NOT exist" or some variation of a similar statement. Basically, what that feature does is go through all product, if the product has attributes and the attributes are not display-only, then that combination is added. Again, as I recall there is no comparison/evaluation against the existing SBA variants.

Further, as to more "user" controlled addition of variants, unfortunately, I haven't created an alternate "external" method I trust to be consistently properly executed. I say that because as more functionality/features are available, database integrity becomes ever more important and dependent on proper configuration of the input file/correlation that can easily be corrupted by user input. Import of incorrectly typed text could cause generation of data across multiple tables, potentially requiring significant rework/revision to correct all of the involved tables (Product options, product options values, product option values to product options, products attributes, SBA variant table to name a few). Basically, there's so many potential problems that I have only approached that operation on a case-by-case basis with each being very unique and specific. The above original question, to me, seems manageable depending on answers to the questions.

Plugin Contributions

I have no recollection of quite a similar question being asked. Please allow me to try to describe what I understand so that can help identify one or more ways to address the issue(s).

A) Have an "established" store that is using SBA to track product that have attributes.
    B) Have a method of adding product to the store.
    C) The method to add product to the store occasionally includes product that have attributes.
    D) The method of adding product with attributes to the store includes product not previously tracked by SBA.
    E) Want to be able to address new product with attributes by making it accessible to SBA for stock control of attribute related product.

So far so good?

Then, a few things come to mind as questions:
    1) Does the addition of product with attributes include product already assigned to SBA and have you worked through the associated stock management? (Either adding the quantity to be addressed or make the available quantity whatever is being imported?)
    2) Do product transition from having attributes to not having attributes? (This is like deleting the attribute(s) from a specific product. I'm not necessarily referring to the addition of product that do not have attributes, though there may be an offshoot from that discussion/answer.)
    3) Does the addition of product with attributes necessarily generate a new attribute off of an existing product already tracked by SBA? (E.g., Large colored shirts now have a newly available color.)
    4) How many user selectable attributes (option names) are to be assigned to a product? (E.g. T-shirt of a given (fixed) size with (selectable) colors [One option name: color] or perhaps T-shirt of multiple (selectable) sizes available in multiple (selectable) colors [two option names: size and color]).

As to the query that was executed in the SBA Configuration area ("Add product attributes that are NOT display-only"). That (and other) queries were written with a specific task in mind and were generally hard coded for consideration against the entire database. BUT... I have heard of others adding their own set of queries or as originally developed/commented by Pottery House, to modify them to perform a desired operation.

I would generally discourage revising the existing functionality and instead add one or more new options to accomplish the task. At least in this way existing functionality would remain as seen necessary to perform and updates would be "easier". If you do go with the addition of one or more new queries, post either here or in github, notifiers could be added into the code to better support such modification and support removing your changes from the plugin's code.

So, yes, though I have not today reviewed the operation of the "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only" selection, it does not surprise me that the result is duplication of existing SBA variants, mostly because the statement doesn't say: "Add new product attributes that are NOT display-only" or "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only AND do NOT exist" or some variation of a similar statement. Basically, what that feature does is go through all product, if the product has attributes and the attributes are not display-only, then that combination is added. Again, as I recall there is no comparison/evaluation against the existing SBA variants.

Further, as to more "user" controlled addition of variants, unfortunately, I haven't created an alternate "external" method I trust to be consistently properly executed. I say that because as more functionality/features are available, database integrity becomes ever more important and dependent on proper configuration of the input file/correlation that can easily be corrupted by user input. Import of incorrectly typed text could cause generation of data across multiple tables, potentially requiring significant rework/revision to correct all of the involved tables (Product options, product options values, product option values to product options, products attributes, SBA variant table to name a few). Basically, there's so many potential problems that I have only approached that operation on a case-by-case basis with each being very unique and specific. The above original question, to me, seems manageable depending on answers to the questions.
    Thanks very much for your response....
    With respect to A thru E. I enter all products as attributes specifically to track inventory. I do this because I want to streamline the process of updating inventory daily via EP (SBA Detailed). Any new products added never have SBA previously associated with them as they are a new product with new attributes that did not previously exist on the website. This brings me to the challenge of needing to associate the new product with SBA. Currently I am finding that I need to use the function "Remove all entries from the PAS Table" (to avoid the duplication of SBA entries) then use the "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only" to re-associate all attributes w/ SBA (including the brand new product(s) added). Once re-associated, I then need to reprocess the EP SBA Detailed to re-add the custom ID's and inventory counts. Once that is done, I will then add the custom ID and inventory for the newly added product(s).

I guess what I was looking for or hoping I missed it somewhere was the ability to skip removal of the PAS table function and simply associate the newly added product(s) that include attributes with SBA alone without having to take down all and then rebuild.

I use the display only function for a drop down statement that says "View Options" w/ the drop down function (there are actually customers who don't know to click on the drop down). I also use the display only for a group price as the group price is not tracked as inventory but displays the price if they want to purchase as a group. In my case they are purchasing sofa and loveseat or dining groups. If a customer wants to purchase the sofa only, they can, but most customers want to purchase both sofa and loveseat, therefore the group price is displayed.

I hope this makes sense and thank you so much for your response and attention, I really like the plugin and it's exactly what I need for this website.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrey View Post
    Thanks very much for your response....
    With respect to A thru E. I enter all products as attributes specifically to track inventory. I do this because I want to streamline the process of updating inventory daily via EP (SBA Detailed). Any new products added never have SBA previously associated with them as they are a new product with new attributes that did not previously exist on the website. This brings me to the challenge of needing to associate the new product with SBA. Currently I am finding that I need to use the function "Remove all entries from the PAS Table" (to avoid the duplication of SBA entries) then use the "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only" to re-associate all attributes w/ SBA (including the brand new product(s) added). Once re-associated, I then need to reprocess the EP SBA Detailed to re-add the custom ID's and inventory counts. Once that is done, I will then add the custom ID and inventory for the newly added product(s).

I guess what I was looking for or hoping I missed it somewhere was the ability to skip removal of the PAS table function and simply associate the newly added product(s) that include attributes with SBA alone without having to take down all and then rebuild.

I use the display only function for a drop down statement that says "View Options" w/ the drop down function (there are actually customers who don't know to click on the drop down). I also use the display only for a group price as the group price is not tracked as inventory but displays the price if they want to purchase as a group. In my case they are purchasing sofa and loveseat or dining groups. If a customer wants to purchase the sofa only, they can, but most customers want to purchase both sofa and loveseat, therefore the group price is displayed.

I hope this makes sense and thank you so much for your response and attention, I really like the plugin and it's exactly what I need for this website.
    Ok, so hopefully this wasn't a waste of time. I specifically asked 5 questions to be able to understand if what I (have/was going) produced would meet your needs. I'm sure it will help someone, but the goal is/was to address your specific issue.

I have created a query that works similar to the existing "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only", except instead of adding "ALL" such product attributes, it only adds those that are not already captured in your database.

WARNING!!!!!!!!! USER BEWARE!!!!!!!

For those that use combinations of attributes (two or more option names for a single product where stock depends on selecting a combination of the option values).....

Tracking both attribute combinations and individual attributes on a given product will generally result in undesirable operations/capabilities... If you really want your store to work that way, please feel free; however, the majority of users will either want attribute combinations on a product or single attribute value selections even if across multiple option names....

You can incorporate this query/code by incorporating the following github commit:
    Adds all new product/attribute pairs for single attribute not yet in SBA · mc12345678/Stock_By_Attributes_Combined@f068c27 (github.com)

https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...80d61301e14600

Unfortunately, I didn't yet determine a good notifier to be able to further incorporate similar code, but also see I have some other changes to incorporate but haven't yet...

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so hopefully this wasn't a waste of time. I specifically asked 5 questions to be able to understand if what I (have/was going) produced would meet your needs. I'm sure it will help someone, but the goal is/was to address your specific issue.

I have created a query that works similar to the existing "Add product attributes that are NOT display-only", except instead of adding "ALL" such product attributes, it only adds those that are not already captured in your database.

For those that use combinations of attributes (two or more option names for a single product where stock depends on selecting a combination of the option values).....

Tracking both attribute combinations and individual attributes on a given product will generally result in undesirable operations/capabilities... If you really want your store to work that way, please feel free; however, the majority of users will either want attribute combinations on a product or single attribute value selections even if across multiple option names....

You can incorporate this query/code by incorporating the following github commit:
    Adds all new product/attribute pairs for single attribute not yet in SBA · mc12345678/Stock_By_Attributes_Combined@f068c27 (github.com)

Unfortunately, I didn't yet determine a good notifier to be able to further incorporate similar code, but also see I have some other changes to incorporate but haven't yet...
    I will give the query/code a run and see how it works out and report it back.

I will address your questions individually as originally asked for the benefit of others..

A) Have an "established" store that is using SBA to track product that have attributes. - There is an existing store that is established on the live url (pfcind.com), however I am using an temporary url (pfcfurnitureindustries.com) to incorporate SBA. Once testing and implementation is complete the migration will move forward.

B) Have a method of adding product to the store. - Yes, my method of adding products to the store is via Easy Populate when I have several. Otherwise, I will use the built in Categories/Products route to add products.

C) The method to add product to the store occasionally includes product that have attributes. - The method I am using will always include attributes even when there is only 1 product. We receive many calls to question inventory and to have the inventory count via the same process of going to the attributes will be less confusing for customers and sales staff.

D) The method of adding product with attributes to the store includes product not previously tracked by SBA. - Yes, every product added will be new and therefore is not yet being tracked via SBA

E) Want to be able to address new product with attributes by making it accessible to SBA for stock control of attribute related product. - Yes, this is the end goal. I want to be able to track every product and every attribute via SBA tracking.

Thank you very much

Plugin Contributions

Update:

I added the query to the install file but ran into a couple of issues. I checked the error log and found the following:

[22-May-2024 10:59:54 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=189_191&products_id=2750, IP address: xxx.xx.xxx.xx, Language id 1
    #1 products_with_attributes_stock->updateNotifyAttributesModuleStartOptionsLoop() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/traits/NotifierManager.php:87]
    #2 base->notify() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/attributes.php:148]
    #3 require(/home/mypfctim/public_html/includes/modules/attributes.php) called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php:50]
    #4 require(/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php) called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php:178]
    #5 require(/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/index.php:94]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT_SBA - assumed 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT_SBA' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/observers/class.products_with_attributes_stock.php on line 689.

I did receive syntax error warnings at the following lines:
    @@ -2723,6 +2823,7 @@ function displayOptionalSQL(){
    <option value="runOptionalSQL4" title="Only add the product attributes that are NOT display-only">Add product attributes that are NOT display-only</option>
    <option value="runOptionalSQL5" title="Remove the product attributes that are ONLY read-only">Remove product attributes that are ONLY read-only</option>
    <option value="runOptionalSQL6" title="Ensure availability and operation of PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT, UPLOAD_PREFIX, and TEXT_PREFIX or if dropdowns do not appear">Restore visibility of Dropdowns</option>
    <option value="runOptionalSQL7" title="Add ALL new single attribute NOT display only product to SBA table">Add ALL new product attributes that are NOT display only</option>
    <option value="updatePASfieldPAC" title="Update Unique Combo field">Update Unique Combo field</option>
    <option value="truncatePAStable" title="WARNING: This will COMPLETLY EMPTY the Product with Attribute Stock Table!">Remove ALL entries from the PAS Table</option>

@@ -2838,6 +2939,11 @@ function displayOptionalSQL(){
    verifyProductOptionsTypes();

case 'runOptionalSQL7';

case 'runOptionalAllToSBA';

I also noticed the following has a colon instead of a semi-colon and am not sure if that was intentional
    case 'runOptionalAllToSBA':
    case 'runOptionalSQL7':

Again, I really appreciate your help and time.