Default Multiple Products Qty And Attributes

I am confused and more than a little upset. I have a site that is waiting to go live but I have a problem that I posted on April 21, 2006 @ 3:38pm EST but never received any response and now I find the post in the archives. What gives? Why was this post archived when no answer or response what so ever was given?

This is what I posted
    I'm have a problem with the Multiple Products Qty setting when I have a mix of items, some with attributes some without.

For example:

Say I have 2 products, 1-Plain Widget, 2-Colored Widgets, where Colored Widgets has attributes setup so you can select from Red, Green, or Blue. Now when I setup the Multiple Products Qty I get a listing as follows:

Plain Widget $2.99
    Add ___

Colored Widgets $4.99
    more info....

Add Selected Products to Cart.

This is how it should display because you have to select the color if you want to purchased Colored Widgets.

My problem is this. If I enter a quantity of 5 for the Plain Widget and then click on the more info so I can buy 3 Red Colored Widgets, when I click on Add to Cart in the product listing for Colored Widgets the shopping cart shows the 3 Red Colored Widgets but does not display the 5 Plain Widgets that I selected in the product listing.

I am running Zen Cart 1.2.6d and you can see a sample at http://www.inthysite.com/awm/product...e=products_all (the items with attributes are listed at the bottom)

I hope this makes sense.

I really need to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Products Qty And Attributes

First off, you're not being singled out - all posts before May 7th were archived when the support forums had to be migrated due to a hacker attack.

I suspect nobody answered because there is nothing wrong with the way the add buttons work. The multiple add button works on all selected products, but the product info page add button only works on its product.

Think about it - someone is browsing, perhaps selects some products, then looks at an individual product, studies it, decides it is the one he really wants, clicks on it and all the other products are added too... do you really want that?

It's easy enough to add the products from the listing page and then add the ones with attributes individually. Besides, how would you handle it if you wanted to add two products with attributes? Click the first one, have all added, then go to the second one and click on that to add it alone.... it ain't broke, you don't need to fix it. ;)