Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: changing the footer/copyright section

Hi Ajeh

Instead ... why don't you make that a link to the Contact Us ...
    Link is to me as I am the template designer and nothing to do with site activity or site owner. Not too worried about spam bots as my mail server is heavily filtered.

BTW was the Acrobat/Secure PDF info useful to you?
    Best Regards

Keith

######################################################################################################################################################____

I,m getting there, slowly but eZENtually

Plugin Contributions

<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=That Zen Template thingy you did">
    Though under the circumastances you described, I'd link to your own site rather than an email address. Avoids spam, and gives you an incoming link, not to mention who would take seriously anybody doing any form of web design who appeared not to have a site of their own?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi kuroi

Thanks for the reply and good point about the website link had not considered that,
    however,

who would take seriously anybody doing any form of web design who appeared not to have a site of their own
    I am not a web designer or developer, my main activity is as a Network/PC systems Technician and my own website is designed mainly around this field, however that may change in the future as I am getting more requests to deal with websites just recently.

But for now I would like to keep enquiries for the two seperated just to monitor the situation, I can always change this at a later date, as I keep a record of all Link ststuses.
    Last edited by kallel; 26 Jul 2006 at 03:19 PM.
    Best Regards

Keith

######################################################################################################################################################____

Plugin Contributions

How do I remove the advertisement on the bottom?

Plugin Contributions

If you mean the Zen cart banners at the bottom of the page go to:

Admin > Tools > Banner Manager
    Best Regards

Keith

Plugin Contributions

Re: changing the footer/copyright section

Hi I added a footer box that is seen below Home IP and copywrite ..etc How can I move the default footer to below so it will be at the very end of all the pages.

See www.findaflorist.org/sendflowers

Thanks for your help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by khiyami
    Hi I added a footer box that is seen below Home IP and copywrite ..etc How can I move the default footer to below so it will be at the very end of all the pages.

See www.findaflorist.org/sendflowers

Thanks for your help
    Move the following section in your tpl_main_page.php to the bottom. Whether you move the </div> that comes immediately afterwards, will depend upon the effect that you want to create.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much I moved

<?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays footer output
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_footer.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_footer.php');?>

to the end befor the </body> tag. I did not get any error and now even the side margins are nicer and smaller. I hope I did it right Is the part that i moved down is correct. Since I didn't get any error Is it Okay or will I get any future error. (Sorry I am very novice at all of this. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, my response to you appears to gotten truncated. Odd. But you've managed to work out perfectly what I was going to say anyway. Well done.

However there is still a problem. Although your site looks OK in Internet Explorer, it looks broken in better browsers such as Firefox and Opera. This is because your table containing the links starting with "Funeral Home Info" has hard-coded widths that are greater than the width that you have set for your page. Here's the relevant code from your table
    <table cellSpacing="10" width="992" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td>width="970"><b><font face="Arial" color="#99cc99" size="2"><center>
    <p><strong><a href="http://www.funeralhomeinfo.com/">Funeral Home Info</a></strong></font><strong><font face="Arial" size="2">
    The bits in red red should be deleted.

This will make your site robust and cross-browser compatible, but also narrower. If you them wish to make it wider, let me know and we'll do it in a way that works properly in all browsers.

Plugin Contributions

I corrected that part. Thanks for your help. How can I reduce the side margins? Thanks again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast