Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

I don't know if I can help you or not, but I had a similar problem. With the following set:

$bGblCustomersAlsoPurchased = true;
    $bGblCrossSell_Tab = true;
    I got NEITHER actually showing up on those tabs.

Since I am only using the crosssell contrib, and not needing Customers Also Purchased products, I set:

$bGblCustomersAlsoPurchased = false;

and then my crosssell products showed up on the We Also Recommend tab.

I don't know if this is a tabbed products bug or what, but since I don't need both tabs, what I did worked for me.

Try disabling one, then the other, and see what you get. Let us know what happens.
    Give us your best shot!
    http://www.photoimprints.com

Plugin Contributions

styledata...I did what you suggested and I now see recommended products (i.e. crossSell), but they are showing up at the bottom of the product info tab page and not at all on the "We Also Recommend" tab page...is there any chance you could post your tpl_product_info_display.php code for the section that deals with your tabs (and in particular your "Recommended Accessories" tab)...thank you for your help thus far...I hope I can get this issue resolved soon, before I go crazy!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bhuntsman
    styledata...I did what you suggested and I now see recommended products (i.e. crossSell), but they are showing up at the bottom of the product info tab page and not at all on the "We Also Recommend" tab page...
    It is my experience you have to insert a minimum of one tag in your product description for the "globals" to work (or for instance, to make the x-sell items display in the "We Also Recommend" tab and not below the tabs as you are experincing.

The mod works great but some logic issues remain with default globals and requiring one soft tag (as I reported recently).

I do not understand the reasoning (logic) behind this requirement but suspecting there is some good reason that qhome configured the mod to behave this way ;-)

Woody

Plugin Contributions

here is my config setting. Pay attention also to what woodyman said about setting at least one tag. Could that be it?

$bGblMainImageOnTabs = false;
    $bGblAddToCart = false;
    $bGblAdditionalImages = false;
    $bGblProductDetails = false;
    Give us your best shot!
    http://www.photoimprints.com

Plugin Contributions

styledata...I did what you suggested and I now see recommended products (i.e. crossSell), but they are showing up at the bottom of the product info tab page and not at all on the "We Also Recommend" tab page...is there any chance you could post your tpl_product_info_display.php code for the section that deals with your tabs
    PHP Code:
    //############    GLOBALS   ##############
    $bGblMainImageOnTabs false;
    $bGblAddToCart true;
    $bGblAdditionalImages =  true;
    $bGblCustomersAlsoPurchased true;

$bCrossSell_Exists =  true;
    $bGblCrossSell_Tab =  true;
    //######################################## 
    In case you have the last version these are the settings to allow the "We Also Recomment" on a tab.
    It is my experience you have to insert a minimum of one tag in your product description for the "globals" to work (or for instance, to make the x-sell items display in the "We Also Recommend" tab and not below the tabs as you are experincing.
    In my experience this is only need for the image setting. They all will appear automatically if you have any thing to show. For example, the tab for additional images will appear only if you have additional images to show. If you set bGlCrossSell_Tab = false, indicates you have cross sell but don't want the tab (as your previous post).

Also... be sure you have the latest version for these settings.

Also remember that "XSell" is not the same that "Also Purchased", the 1st is based on YOUR recommendations as the store owner, and the 2nd. one is based on purchase behavior of your customers.

Have fun!
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions...unfortunately, none have solved my problem...I guess I just won't have the tabs on my site...I've lost 3 days of valuable time trying to solve this very frustrating problem and to no avail...arrrrrrg!!! I really need to get my site live. I really, really liked the look of the layout the way I had it...but, I can't have tabs if when clicked there's nothing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by styledata
    here is my config setting. Pay attention also to what woodyman said about setting at least one tag. Could that be it?

$bGblMainImageOnTabs = false;
    $bGblAddToCart = false;
    $bGblAdditionalImages = false;
    $bGblProductDetails = false;
    Which version of Tabbed Products Lite do you have installed?

If latest version you should see:
    * @version $Id: tpl_product_info_display.php 3435 2006-04-14 03:42:46Z ajeh $
    * TABBED PRODUCTS LITE MODIFICATIONS - QHOME - 7/26/2006
    */
    //require(DIR_WS_MODULES . '/debug_blocks/product_info_prices.php');

//-=-=-=- BOF: Tabbed Products Config -=-=-=-

//############ GLOBALS ##############
    $bGblMainImageOnTabs = true; // adds Main image to tabs only if you have at least one custom tab
    $bGblAddToCart = true; // adds Add to Cart, Product Details, Attribute Options, and Qty Discount to a tab
    $bGblAdditionalImages = true; // adds Additional Images on its own tab
    $bGblCustomersAlsoPurchased = true; // adds Customers Also Purchased as its own tab
    //########### CROSS-SELL ############
    //=-=-= IMPORTANT!!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE CROSS SELL CONTRIB, DON'T ENABLE THIS OR YOU WILL GET ERRORS!!!! =-=-=
    $bCrossSell_Exists = true; // if you have cross sell contrib installed, this enables the code to check for it.
    $bGblCrossSell_Tab = true; // adds Cross Sell as its own tab only if the above is true.
    //############ HEADERS ##############
    $bShowHeaders = true; // Turns the headers underneath each tab on. Headers bear the tab name for a nice look.
    $bShowHeadersNoJavascript = true; // If javascript is disabled, do you want to show headers to help separate the sections
    //########### TAB NAMES #############
    $addtocart_tab_name = 'Add to Cart'; // if using this tab, set the tab title for the Add To Cart Tab
    $add_images_tab_name = 'Additional Images'; // if using this tab, set the tab title for the Additional Images Tab
    $cust_also_purchased_tab_name = 'Customers Also Purchased'; // if using this tab, set the tab title for the Cust Also Purchased Tab
    $cross_sell_tab_name = 'We Also Recommend'; // if using this tab, set the tab title for the CrossSell Tab
    //########################################
    So in your tpl_product_info_display.php you should have:
    $bCrossSell_Exists = true;

Once the above is set insert a soft tag into your product description and see what happens to see to your "We Also Recommend" (xsell) tab.

Of course you need to have products assigned to that product within xsell admin for any to show up, on the tabs or below the tabs ;-)

Plugin Contributions

Finally, after 3 long days of frustration, hair pulling, etc., my site's product page layout not only looks the way I want it to, but all the tabs also work. Here's an example page http://www.learningbydvd.com/newstor...roducts_id=918. I would appreciate any comments, feedback or criticism.

And to everyone who contributed their thoughts and suggestions, I give you my thanks. Take care everyone. Long live ZenCart!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bhuntsman
    Finally, after 3 long days of frustration, hair pulling, etc., my site's product page layout not only looks the way I want it to, but all the tabs also work. Here's an example page http://www.learningbydvd.com/newstor...roducts_id=918. I would appreciate any comments, feedback or criticism.

And to everyone who contributed their thoughts and suggestions, I give you my thanks. Take care everyone. Long live ZenCart!!!
    Congratulations! Looking good. Very cool header.

BTW could you post your implemented solution(s) so others here could learn from your trials?

Some observations:

The Add to Cart box appears both above and below tabs.

Also the title cap for x-sell tab shows the title text wrapping to second line off of the bar. When implementing the Future Zen template with Tabbed Products Lite mod you need to ensure that your title heading defines are short (or the heading font size reduced) so they won't wrap within the tab containers. Otherwise you may want to consider disabling those titles from displaying by setting $bShowHeaders = false

Unrelated to the Tabs mod implementation... you may want to widen the left column (or reduce font size) so fewer category names wrap. Otherwise makes for a very long left sidebox column. Also some of the sideboxes can be turned off for the product_info pages, already have buttons for reviews and tell-a-friend. And not sure if you really need the Sponsors or Have You Seen sideboxes.

Overall a nice looking site.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Woody,

Thanks for your feedback...especially appreciate the compliment on the header and overall look of the site. To address some of your points:

I will post my implementation comments...it's getting late and I've had very little sleep in the past 3 days...so I will post that in the next day or so.

As for the Add to Cart box appearing both above and below tabs...I did that intentionally since many of our product descriptions are rather lengthy and I wanted my customers to have the option of adding the product to their cart at both the top and bottom of the page (minimizing the need to scroll one way or the other to add to their cart).

The title cap for x-sell tab shows the title text wrapping to second line...again, this was intentional and was achieved by placing a <br /> in the titles. I personally like the look of the taller 2-line tab and I'm also forward planning towards the possibility of having 4 to 6 tabs and being taller and narrower will allow them to fit better.

I eventually plan to widen the left and right columns as well as make the entire page more "adjustable" depending upon browser window size, but for now I simply took your advice to make the font slightly smaller. My concern at the moment is to get a much better looking site up and running to replace my existing (and what I consider very amateurish site - my first attempt at ZC using v1.2.4). I believe I'm losing sales as a result of my present site's poor visual appeal. As for your comments regarding turning off some of the sideboxes...already plan to do that...those will be some of the finishing touches prior to switching the new design to the root directory...also need to finish the news ticker at the top, text for a few of the info pages and home page, etc.

Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast