Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by p1faw@Mar 8 2006, 03:31 PM
    Product type seams to mean a new layout of the product information. I.e. isolate it from the general layout. This is useful if you want: say big picture at the top of you product info page and also the attributes to show in a different style, etc.
    Peter,

Are you replying to my posted question?

I understand what Product Types are and do. At the moment, I just am having an issue figuring how they are relating back to the product_type_layout table. ;)

Plugin Contributions

I've recently been working on product types. The product type layout table allows you to switch different things on and off and to some degree move things around differently depending on product_type being used.

For example you can have show the model number on product_general but turn it off in product_video and those settings are stored in the product type layout table. The key that relates this to your products is the product_type_id. There are other tables which tie the product_type_id to the categories and the products to the categories.

Connie
    Connie Taylor

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Connie. My problem is that I can't find where (or how) the query is being made for each product type, that determines which product type layout to use. (i.e which file or function is making the determination to use the layout for Product - General, Document - General, etc...)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, to answer my own question...There is no link that utilizes product_type_id as I originally thought, and Connie also suggested.

My problem was in the tpl_product_[handler name]_info_display.php file that I created.

All the SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_ ...'s needed to be changed to SHOW_PRODUCT_[handler name]_INFO_ ...'s to properly relate to my separate set of table.product_type_layout values reside.

Problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

huh?

Plugin Contributions

Default Updating Search

Greetings all:

I was wondering now that many of us have made our own Products, has anyone been able to update the search to include the new Product types.

For example i have a value called "Category" , in this category we have listing like anal, ##############s, etc...

Is there a way to update the Search so when i type in ############## it will search for the "keyword" in the value "Category" ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding New Product_types

No reply in just under a week, so i will start a new topic, see if we can help that way...

Plugin Contributions

Have just added a new product type based on document general and all OK. Does anyone know what the type_master_type in the db 'table product types' signifies? I've left it at 3 same as the document general but wonder if as I'm creating a new type totally whether I can make it unique.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Xyon
    Have just added a new product type based on document general and all OK. Does anyone know what the type_master_type in the db 'table product types' signifies? I've left it at 3 same as the document general but wonder if as I'm creating a new type totally whether I can make it unique.
    I found it alot easier to download the book model and converting it to what you want, some reason i didnt have much luck changing the standard Document and Product models.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Product Type Defaults to a Product Catagory

Hi, is there any add-ons where we can customize a product catagory to default to a customized product type.

Thanks,
    D

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast