Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

I have found a major bug, which i really hope can be fixed.

When you install this add-on and execute the SQL query it messes up the attributes.

If you have a text attribute and mark it as required, it still lets users continue to the cart without typing anything in..

I know for a fact it is this addon because i had to start from scratch again and once I executed the SQL I was unable to receive an error when no text was entered in the text attribute

Please let me know if this can be fixed because i really do love this addon!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tylerd213
    I have found a major bug, which i really hope can be fixed.

When you install this add-on and execute the SQL query it messes up the attributes.

If you have a text attribute and mark it as required, it still lets users continue to the cart without typing anything in..

I know for a fact it is this addon because i had to start from scratch again and once I executed the SQL I was unable to receive an error when no text was entered in the text attribute

Please let me know if this can be fixed because i really do love this addon!!!
    Thanks for finding the bug. I reviewed the sql code and the database and found out that 3 fields were accidentally removed.
    To fix the bug, you should BACKUP your database and then run the following 3 statements in Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (316, 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (322, 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (323, 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);
    The above code adds the 3 fields that were initially removed when Ty_Package_Tracker was installed. The above statements were ran on my live website and tested without any problems.
    Last edited by colosports; 26 Sep 2006 at 03:58 AM.
    The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised (Job 1:21 NIV)

Plugin Contributions

I tried that but I get this error:

1062 Duplicate entry '316' for key 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (316, 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tylerd213
    I tried that but I get this error:

1062 Duplicate entry '316' for key 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (316, 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    This means that the 3 missing fields already exist in your database. If you get the above error, you can ignore the error since the fields already exist. Your required text should be working. If not let me know.

The bug fix was uploaded to ZenCart downloads.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=167

The new uploaded version does not have the database problem. So if you are installing a Fresh version (not upgrading from a previous version), you do not have to worry about the problem. For those user that have previous versions of the Tracker mod, all you have to do is run the 3 statements from the above post.
    The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised (Job 1:21 NIV)

Plugin Contributions

Okay I'm using v1.3.5, this will work fine with it right? I really really would love this module. I read that it's in the downloads section, and you just now put the bug fixed one over there right? I'll post how it runs after I install it. I do have alot of other mods, so hopefully none conflict with this one.

Plugin Contributions

Okay it works now I had to reinstall the package though. It wouldn't let me insert those 3 commands, when I did it gave me the error they already existed (and the problem persisted) once I uploaded my backup database I used the new Fresh Install that you just uploaded and it works great. Thanks for the help and great job with this mod.

Plugin Contributions

Correction:
    The code should be
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, '2006-09-25 20:11:52', '2006-09-25 20:11:52', NULL, NULL);
    The first value for each field should be blank.

Plugin Contributions

Installed the module it's great. However just having a little problem with UPS. The link that is generated does go to UPS but even with an invalid tracking number I receive no error that that number is invalid just a screen to input tracking numbers and a check box that must be checked in order for UPS to track a number. Hope I explained it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

That was the old UPS tracking link.
    You need to update it. The new tracking link is
    Code:
    http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processRequest?loc=en_US&tracknum=
    To update the link, Go to
    Admin->Configuration->Ty_Package_Tracker to configure settings.

By default, UPS is Carrier 2. Change the Carrier 2 tracking link and it should work.
    Ty.

Plugin Contributions

That did it. Works great.

Thanks

Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast