Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Template "Future Zen"

haha you KNOW ive added a few things, ;)

im waiting a few days before upgrading... see where the *bugs* and work around are... hehe

but i still love that you are so quick to respond *huggles*
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

I've used Future Zen as is - thank you Kuroi! - except I've replaced with my own images (keeping code intact) and making some minor CSS modifications.

My site in progress is www.artellaland.com/shop/

I have two questions that I'm hoping you might be able to help with:

- On my main PC, the "New Products" and "Featured Products" title bars has been looking fine - but when I was working on a different computer I saw that there was a large gap between the title_cap_left image and the title_cap_right image. The bar didn't go all the way across. Any idea how I can fix this?

- As you'll see, I'm playing with my own image for a custom sidebox (which I've just rewritten over the exact same image names as the future_zen template). I have a couple of categories that have several sub-categories, and when those are expanded, the categories sideboxes has a break in it toward the top. See this page as an example:
    http://www.artellaland.com/shop/inde...products_id=19

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you so much!

Plugin Contributions

I've done a lot of customizing of Future Zen. How musch stuff actually cahnges in the updates and do I need to be rebuilding the entire template everytime we have an update?

On a related note what's the best way to comment and keep track of the changes we make to any given template to ensure an easy transition? Does anybody have experience with this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lyricwings View Post
    As you'll see, I'm playing with my own image for a custom sidebox (which I've just rewritten over the exact same image names as the future_zen template). I have a couple of categories that have several sub-categories, and when those are expanded, the categories sideboxes has a break in it toward the top. See this page as an example:
    http://www.artellaland.com/shop/inde...products_id=19

Is there a way to fix this?
    Increasing the length of the sidebox_content_bg.gif
    A New Starter again

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Seethrough - that worked for fixing my 2nd question.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lyricwings View Post
    I've used Future Zen as is ... except I've replaced with my own images (keeping code intact) and making some minor CSS modifications.
    ... and very nice images they are too though you may find it helpful to look at the file sizes of some of them (a tad large in some cases)
    I have two questions that I'm hoping you might be able to help with
    It looks ot me as though you have gotten this sorted following Seethrough's advice. Visitors would now need to set their browser windows to 1714px or greater to break your site and there's not many with screens big enough to do that! And even less who would want to!!
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sonicparke View Post
    I've done a lot of customizing of Future Zen. How musch stuff actually cahnges in the updates and do I need to be rebuilding the entire template everytime we have an update?

On a related note what's the best way to comment and keep track of the changes we make to any given template to ensure an easy transition? Does anybody have experience with this?
    Quite a lot, about 10% of the Zen Cart files this time. But that doesn't need to mean a lot of work for you. Back up a few posts in this thread and I give you a link to a thread with the four changes needed for most templates and since you've had the jolly good sense to use future Zen, you only have to do two of them.

The way I keep track of my changes is twofold
    1. I keep files that I have changed separate from ones that I haven't
    2. I add a php comment,
    //kuroi:
    with or without explanation, at the end or immediately before lines that I change (except for stylesheets which usually end up completely different from that whith which I started).

These two steps make it very simple to compare my changed file list with those of each new delivery and then using Winmerge tell apart changes made by the Zen Cart team from those I did myself.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seethrou View Post
    Increasing the length of the sidebox_content_bg.gif

Hi there, was searching for this same problem I was having. And is this a function of increasing the the actual pics that make up the side box, or is it a function of the code somewhere? (yes I'm a newbie)

Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Crzipilot View Post
    Hi there, was searching for this same problem I was having. And is this a function of increasing the the actual pics that make up the side box, or is it a function of the code somewhere? (yes I'm a newbie)

Thanks...
    Newbies are very welcome here . This template was designed especially for you.

In this case Seethrou was referring not to code or parameter changes, but to breaking out your image editor and making the background image itself longer.

Plugin Contributions

Great, I figured it was one or the other, was suspecting it had to do with the image itself. I d/l the files you have for them, and intend to play with them some more once we decide on the final colors for the site.

I'm taking an old website, that was inherieted by prev. designer, who taught herself, and while did good for what she needed, it's become a bear to update, and it's updated sometimes 3 or more times a week with new products. It also doesn't have a shopping cart. BUT we have about 3500 items, (We sell Stuffed bears, from 5.00 to a couple grand a piece.)

Another quick question, (friend who does webdesign full time) was commenting, that she prefers fixed width sites, Just curious on your opinion if this would look ok with the future zen, or do you prefer it full width/scaling ( I think you mentioned ealier in thread you did this for a particular purpose)

Thanks

I'll send up a link once we get more stuff on the site...

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast