Plugin Contributions

help question Where do I change the url to the categories?

Hello,

Here is the scoop:

I upgraded from 1.3.1 to version 1.3.6, added a template design and module. All was working well until I realized that two of my categories (fleece and sun hats) were displaying the text from the main page, along with the text for that page. So, I figured all I had to do was restore the database back to the original one and that would solve it... Well, I did that and went all the way back before I even made any changes to the website and come to find out that these two categories how the define page text, along with the text that was added for that page.... So, it appears that these two categories are being treated as a define_main_page and it is only happening on those 2 categories.

I dont know how to correct this. Please see here http://www.myhatheads.com and click on all the categories, then the fleece and sun hats to see what I mean.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I change the url to the categories?

are you talking about the content at the very top, like for bonnets where it gives a description of bonnets?

these are handled by editing the catagories description field when you go to catalog > catagories/products > edit catagory

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but if you click on fleece and sun hats, it displays the text from the main page and that should not be there... if you scroll further down on those pages, you will see the text that should be on the page... The only thing that I have added via catalog > catagories/products > edit catagory is the text that goes on that page, but the cart is taking the text from the main page as well and adding it to these 2 categories......

I dont know how to fix that.... the main text is NOT on those categories... help!

Plugin Contributions

i have another question:

do you think if i reset my categories that it will change the urls of zen back to the way they should be?

2 of the files appear to pulling from the define_main_page unto the 2 of my product category?

Plugin Contributions

I honestly feel your problems run a bit deeper then that but I honestly am not sure unless i had a look, you have two threads on the same subject by the way.
    Dan - statuscontrols.com/web
    web programming and design

Plugin Contributions

your probably right... i notice that this only happens to categories with a subcategory..

Plugin Contributions

Zen cart pros, can you please look at this?

Both templates/tpl_index_categories.php AND /templates/tpl_index_default.php contain this code:

Code:
    <?php if (DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS >= 1 and DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS <= 2) { ?>
    <div id="indexCategoriesMainContent" class="content"><?php
    /**
     * require the html_define for the index/categories page
     */
      include($define_page);
    ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    Now, I fixed this issue for the OP by deleting the code above from templates/tpl_index_categories.php. That fixes the problem..... but, I have a fresh install of 1.3.6 and do not have the problem at all.

i'm trying to figure out A) why this code is on both templates/tpl_index_categories.php AND /templates/tpl_index_default.php and B) why she has the issue and others don't.

BTW, her DEFINE_MAIN_PAGE_STATUS is set as "1" in the store admin.