Plugin Contributions

database error Exporting and Importing DB

Hi everyone!

I have looked on the FAQs pages and through this forum to see if I could get any instructions on how to export my old zen DB and import it into a new zen DB. So far, I have attempted exporting by doing "select all", having it stay in SQL format, telling the structure to include drop tables (and without too) along with the default settings of Add AUTO_INCREMENT value and Enclose table and field names with backquotes, having the data be default except adding the Complete inserts, and then telling it to save as a zipped file. This works fine.

When I import this zipped file into my new DB, the response is that all 3212 files (or whatever they are called) have been imported. However, my customer, address book, product, category, and so on info is not there.

So, frustrated and unsure, I approached my web hosting company about helping me (they are great, by the way). They responded with:

"Please keep in mind that I cannot guarantee the success of this operation since the database is for an older version of your zenCart. Sometimes there are discrepancies between the database structures."

If that is the case, what do I do then? My current version of ZenCart for this website is 1.3.0.2, which is better than my other site (1.2.6). I am wanting to upgrade both. The information I found in the FAQs page dealt with OSC DB importing and then only talked about highlighting categories and one other thing. I want all of my customer, products and so on info too. (I do not want to have to reimput everything.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marci

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Exporting and Importing DB

Okay. I figured this out. Well, I didn't. My brainiac husband did. This is where the hang up was for me. I hope that it may help others out as well.

My old DB had a prefix of zen_ in front of everything. My new one does not. Once I corrected the discrepancy, everything was fine.

Marci

Plugin Contributions

If this works for you then great...if not PM me for specific assistance
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Okay. It took a bit more than this. I ended up reinstalling Zen Cart, uploading the old DB, then doing an upgrade install. This seems to work except for missing images. I checked my files and discovered they weren't there, even though I had uploaded them via ftp into the proper file. This does concern me a bit as for my other site, I am looking at thirty some odd photos. That's not much compared to others, but I'd rather not spend my time doing that when I have other things to do. Is this typical with an upgrade?

Thanks,

Marci

Plugin Contributions

Okay. None of my downloads are available either. Hm... Now I have to upload those as well.

Marci

Plugin Contributions

This is not normal???

Did you load the new files(upload) to or as an overrite of the files that are there?

Doing this via FTP should only copy the files from your local to the server and add new ones and overwrite current ones with the same names. It does not erase file that are there.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra!

The images I uploaded through the admin interface, but I realized after I'd typed that that I had uploaded the downloadable products via FTP. However, shouldn't the images already be there.

Thanks!

Marci

Plugin Contributions

If you have an install and update the version of Zencart(overwriting the current files) then all your unique file names/images should have remained intact. This is what I am trying to convey.

There sshould be no requirement to re-upload images and files that you have installed/uploaded before.

It is highly recommended that one make a copy of the current live site and then add a new db for it instead of updating the live site directly. But that is another subject.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten