Page 22 of 394 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart released

Quote Originally Posted by Linux View Post
    Bless: Thanks so much for your input but I am still on 1.35. I am going to try and take your advice on comparing them. By the way, are you using 1.03 GC? Have you heard anything bad about Go Daddy SSL? Thanks

Yes! I am using version 1.0.3 and hoping that they release 1.0.4 soon to fix the status update issue. For now I don't mind manually changing status in exchange for no merchant fees. Not a bad deal!

All I can say is there are better alternatives than Go Daddy SSL that won't break your bank. If you do a search for Go Daddy on this forum there is enough about Go Daddy on here.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Go Daddy SSL will not work::READ!

I emailed Go Daddy about the SSL and this is the email I received:

Thank you for taking time to contact Online Support.

I am not sure what your exact question is, but I am assuming that you are referring to SSL Certificates. If you are using Google's site, you will not be able to install an SSL certificate so I would not purchasing one since you will not be able to use it. If you are referring to something else, please reply and clearly state your question, along with all account information you have, including the domain name and customer number in question.

We look forward to hearing from you and will be happy to help you further upon your reply. You can also reach Customer Support by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 480-505-8877.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Regards,

Frank P.
    Online Support
    Technician

Plugin Contributions

i just freshly installed zen cart 1.3.6 and installed the latest google checkout module. i've installed the module on the admin side, and ssl is working properly for the site. however i don't get the google checkout button for checkout. it does show up when i try to check out as a payment method, but it does not take me to the google checkout page to enter payment info. does the module not work with 1.3.6? am i missing something that's preventing it from working?

also is there a way to make google checkout the only way to pay for items, instead of having a checkout icon and then a seperate google checkout icon?

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart released

[QUOTE=blackinches;291261]i just freshly installed zen cart 1.3.6 and installed the latest google checkout module. i've installed the module on the admin side, and ssl is working properly for the site. however i don't get the google checkout button for checkout. it does show up when i try to check out as a payment method, but it does not take me to the google checkout page to enter payment info. does the module not work with 1.3.6? am i missing something that's preventing it from working?

also is there a way to make google checkout the only way to pay for items, instead of having a checkout icon and then a seperate google checkout icon?[/QUOTE

Which SSL are you using?

Plugin Contributions

i'm using a shared ssl certificate from liquidweb. i've used the same ssl certificate with the oscommerce google checkout module and it worked on that.

Plugin Contributions

Good morning guys/gals...........

This one makes some sense, since GoogleCheckout seems to be built around the premise that the customer no longer needs a ZC acct., however.............been beating my head on the desk for a couple days trying to ring out gift certificates (the season is upon us.....) tried several ways using GoogleCheckout, but all work the same, ie; creat dummy ZC user, login as him, buy GC, checkout with Google, no login, etc.....

Here is what we get:
    1. user buys GC
    2. user checks out with Google
    3. Google takes their $$
    4. no confirming ZC email regarding cert purchase
    5. nothing in gift admin section to release

Basically, like it never happened.

Sooooooo assuming this is by design, here is my question. Is there anything available either in GoogleCheckout mod, or ZC somewhere under the hood that will let us set some flag on a product to ONLY allow checkout with PayPal, or some speicifed payment option, oR deny purchase with GoogleCheckout?

This one seems like a biggy with the holidays coming. So far, i have not been able to find anything that would allow me to flag all GCerts to oNLY be able to pay with "other than Google".............

thoughts?

Dave............

Plugin Contributions

v1.0.4 is available for download. This version will work on both Zen Cart v1.3.5 and v1.3.6.
    It also fix the admin order status bug.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=314

One thing I forgot to mention on the README file is that:
    When you change the order status in Admin, you must check the Notify Customer box in order for Google to receive the update. If you leave the box uncheck, Google will not receive the update of the status and Google order state will not change.
    The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised (Job 1:21 NIV)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by colosports View Post
    v1.0.4 is available for download. This version will work on both Zen Cart v1.3.5 and v1.3.6.
    It also fix the admin order status bug.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=314

One thing I forgot to mention on the README file is that:
    When you change the order status in Admin, you must check the Notify Customer box in order for Google to receive the update. If you leave the box uncheck, Google will not receive the update of the status and Google order state will not change.

i'm still having the issue of the google checkout button not showing up with this latest version. does anybody else have this problem?

Plugin Contributions

This new install is causing a problem with the button not displaying. Help please.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    This new install is causing a problem with the button not displaying. Help please.
    It appears the folks at Google are having issues: http://www.google.com/errors/purchas...available.html

You would think that their button will be smart enough that if service is down it will show something else instead of the button just showing error.