Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

bug Re: User Verification (Anti-Robot / CAPTCHA)

Quote Originally Posted by cardell View Post
    Hi,

This module has been working fine for me, but I noticed that some of my [new] customers were having difficulty creating accounts.

I decided to temporarily disable this module. I turned it off in admin and then I noticed on the login/create account page (under the newsletter subscription) I am getting a blank <fieldset> tag (like SiddG mentioned in post #48) . It looks bad.

I am running zencart 1.3.5 (haven't updated to 1.3.6 yet). Has this been fixed in the newer (1.3.6 compatible) version of this module?

Alternatively, is there some code I can add somewhere?

Thanks
    Hi Stuart,

In a vanilla install of 1.3.6, I can see an empty </fieldset> tag if I turn off "Account Validation" in the admin -- but no actual <fieldset> tag.

Do you have a screenshot or some code I can use to track it down, my pages look normal (even with the empty closing tag).

Cheers,

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User Verification (Anti-Robot / CAPTCHA)

Quote Originally Posted by cardell View Post
    I turned it off in admin and then I noticed on the login/create account page (under the newsletter subscription) I am getting a blank <fieldset> tag (like SiddG mentioned in post #48) . It looks bad.

I am running zencart 1.3.5 (haven't updated to 1.3.6 yet). Has this been fixed in the newer (1.3.6 compatible) version of this module?
    When you installed the captcha mod did you upload the provided override for tpl_modules_create_account.php to your custom template directory?

I do not see the fieldset tags display in the browser on the create acct/login page (/index.php?main_page=login) when captcha is disabled in admin.

However as Paul stated when viewing the source in the browser I do see a lone closing </fieldset> tag all by all itself, where the captcha code would be rendered. It is errant but shouldn't hurt anything.

Which browser are you noticing issue?

I'm running ZC 1.36 fresh install with captcha_0.99.136 mod. Viewing page in Firefox 2.0.

BTW, what kind of errors are your customers observing when captcha is enabled?

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    When you installed the captcha mod did you upload the provided override for tpl_modules_create_account.php to your custom template directory?

I do not see the fieldset tags display in the browser on the create acct/login page (/index.php?main_page=login) when captcha is disabled in admin.

However as Paul stated when viewing the source in the browser I do see a lone closing </fieldset> tag all by all itself, where the captcha code would be rendered. It is errant but shouldn't hurt anything.

Which browser are you noticing issue?

I'm running ZC 1.36 fresh install with captcha_0.99.136 mod. Viewing page in Firefox 2.0.

BTW, what kind of errors are your customers observing when captcha is enabled?

Woody
    Just on that closing </fieldset> -- it appears to be a problem with the core Zen-Cart code, rather than anything the CAPTCHA modification has added, as it comes up on a fresh install of the original zipfile from sourceforge too.

My code, looks a bit like:

Code:
    @@ -183,6 +183,56 @@
     </fieldset>

<?php
    +if (ACCOUNT_VALIDATION == 'true') {
    +?>
    +
    +<?php
    +if (strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'create_account') && CREATE_ACCOUNT_VALIDATION == 'true' || strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'login') && LOGIN_VALIDATION == 'true') { 
    +?>
    +
    +<?php
    +  if ($is_read_only == false || (strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'create_account')) || (strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],'login'))) {
    +       $sql = "DELETE FROM " . TABLE_ANTI_ROBOT_REGISTRATION . " WHERE timestamp < '" . (time() - 3600) . "' OR session_id = '" . zen_session_id() . "'";
    +       if( !$result = $db->Execute($sql) ) { die('Could not delete validation key'); }
    +       $reg_key = generate_captcha_code();
    +       $sql = "INSERT INTO ". TABLE_ANTI_ROBOT_REGISTRATION . " VALUES ('" . zen_session_id() . "', '" . $reg_key . "', '" . time() . "')";
    +       if( !$result = $db->Execute($sql) ) { die('Could not check registration information'); }
    +?>
    +
    +
    +<fieldset>
    +<legend><?php echo CATEGORY_ANTIROBOTREG; ?></legend>
    +<label class="inputLabel" for="antirobotreg"><?php echo ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG ?></label>
    +
    +<?php
    +$validation_images = '';
    +for($i = 0; $i < ENTRY_VALIDATION_LENGTH; $i++)
    +    {
    +    $parse_image = 'validation/validation_' . $reg_key{$i} . '.gif';
    +    $parse_image_alt = $reg_key{$i};
    +    $validation_images .= zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $parse_image, $parse_image_alt);
    +    }
    +    echo '<div class="centered">';
    +    echo $validation_images . '<br />';
    +    echo '</div>';
    +?>
    +
    +<?php echo zen_draw_input_field('antirobotreg','', 'id="antirobotreg"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    +<br class="clearBoth" />
    +
    +<?php
    +    }
    +?>
    +
    +<?php
    +    }
    +?>
    +
    +<?php
    +    }
    +?>
    The first </fieldset> comes from the stock code, everything with a + is my changes -- and the only additional <fieldset> (line 202) i've added (which probably could do with a closing tag around line 206 too, i'll make sure I add one for the next release.) is safely caught within the initial if().

Paul

Plugin Contributions

I installed the lastest version on zencart 1.3.6.

I also have the split login mod installed but have removed it for testing purposes.

In either case, the login validation doesn't work. The catcha box is not displayed at all.

This does work for the account creation screen with either the original login screen or the split screen mod.

Great addition to the zencart. Should be standard in the buid.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GwaiTsi View Post
    I installed the lastest version on zencart 1.3.6.

I also have the split login mod installed but have removed it for testing purposes.

In either case, the login validation doesn't work. The catcha box is not displayed at all.

This does work for the account creation screen with either the original login screen or the split screen mod.

Great addition to the zencart. Should be standard in the buid.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Two things:

* Did you enable the "Activate Validation on Login Page" in the Admin? (It should be on by default)

* If you have a custom template installed, did you copy the tpl_modules_create_account.php file to your templates/ directory?

Paul

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the reply.

Answer to both is yes.

Activate Validation of Login Page - has no effect,
    while Activate Validation and Activate Validation on Login Page both work.

As previously stated, I am using the "Split Login" mod and have tried with the default configuration and with the Split Login mod, never works.

Point to add:
    With the default login screen (login and account create on same page), the catcha box appears at the bottom of the page but only works for the account creation function. normal login does not require it.

With the split login screen mod, the catcha box only appears on the account creation page and not on the main login page.

you can see an example at www.greatsouthernwines.com

thanks again for any help

Quote Originally Posted by GwaiTsi View Post
    thanks for the reply.

Answer to both is yes.

Activate Validation of Login Page - has no effect,
    while Activate Validation and Activate Validation on Login Page both work.

As previously stated, I am using the "Split Login" mod and have tried with the default configuration and with the Split Login mod, never works.

Point to add:
    With the default login screen (login and account create on same page), the catcha box appears at the bottom of the page but only works for the account creation function. normal login does not require it.

With the split login screen mod, the catcha box only appears on the account creation page and not on the main login page.

you can see an example at www.greatsouthernwines.com

thanks again for any help
    Hmmm, i'd hazard a guess this has to do with the way the "split login" modification was written.

I've only taken a quick look, but the CAPTCHA module does most of it's 'user-based' work in the tpl_modules_create_account.php file, which is usually required by the login page, but the "split login" mod seems to comment out, which would explain why the code is never being run by the tpl_login_default.php file.

I'll take a closer look later, you could probably get it to work by cutting-and-pasting the code I posted above (basically, the changes that are needed for the tpl_modules_create_account file) into the tpl_login_default.php file in the relevant spots, but I wouldn't advise it unless you were certain where things are supposed to go.

Cheers,

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Hi funkey & Woodymon,

I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear in my original post......what I am seeing on my page (in Internet Explorer 6) is an empty border at the bottom of my login screen just before the submit button. I am not seeing any html codes/instructions.

My login page is at:
    https://www.theorganicoutlet.com.au/...ain_page=login

When I installed the CAPTCHA mod, I did make sure I uploaded the provided override for tpl_modules_create_account.php to my custom template directory.

I hadn't thought to try viewing the page with another browser, so I downloaded Mozilla Firefox today and the empty border did not show up in it. It looked perfect!?

I believe the CAPTCHA module works perfectly on my site (because I tested it) but....after I installed it, I noticed a few [new] customers (I have the user tracking module installed) hitting my login/create account page over and over again (one customer did 7 times!) then leaving my site without the items they had put in their shopping carts.

My intention was to turn the CAPTCHA module off for a week or two and observe whether it happened again.

Thanks for your help.
    Stuart

Our Zen site: The Organic Outlet
    'Certified organic foods products
    & beverages at affordable prices'

red flag Re: User Verification (Anti-Robot / CAPTCHA)

greetings,
    i installed CAPTCHA verbatim to the installation procedures provided.

i have 2 problems?
    1. I don't see the Configuration Options when i click on it in the Admin/Configuration menu
    2. Validation works fine in Firefox, but not internet explorer. I get 4 or 5 blocks that are supposed to be images I presume.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues?

Thank you

Idea or Suggestion Re: User Verification (Anti-Robot / CAPTCHA)

ok, I was able to resolve the issue in Internet Explorer. Apparently, I neglected to upload the Images and to create a "validation" sub-directory.

however, I still do not see the CAPTCHA configuration options under Admin/Configuration.

Thanks.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast