Plugin Contributions

Default error warnings are multiplying!

Somebody out there, I really need help!

Two days ago error messages suddenly started appearing when I clicked on a catgory that had a product in it. The tutorial said that a space was probably missing, but I had only changed one line of code that day, in the shopping cart, where it said to insert your own instructions -- I checked the code, there weren't any incorrect spaces in it.
    I am a major newbie on anything beyond basic html, so please reply accordingly! Don't take for granted that I know where ANYTHING is.
    We have someone who knows a bit more than me also working on the site, and he tried to replace the template. We are using version 1.3.5 as far as I can tell.
    We are also using one of the additional templates (ZC03C00179), and I don't know if that is contributing to the problem.
    Anyway, after our other person tried to do some replacing the following messages appeared above the home page, so things are getting worse.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:61) in /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 203
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:61) in /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 203
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php:61) in /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 155
    Shopping cart is empty

Also, I can no longer get into the admin page, it's all the same kinds of messages.

Help somebody, I don't know what to do next!
    Thanks,
    minigal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error warnings are multiplying!

You have stray text in this file:
    /includes/extra_datafiles/music_type_database_names.php (specifically on line 61)

This file "normally" only contains this content:
    Code:
    <?php
    /** 
     * Music product Type - Database Name Defines
     * @package classes
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: music_type_database_names.php 3047 2006-02-16 21:53:56Z wilt $
     */
    if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
      die('Illegal Access');
    }
    /**
     * Database name defines
     */
    define('TABLE_RECORD_ARTISTS', DB_PREFIX . 'record_artists');
    define('TABLE_RECORD_ARTISTS_INFO', DB_PREFIX . 'record_artists_info');
    define('TABLE_RECORD_COMPANY', DB_PREFIX . 'record_company');
    define('TABLE_RECORD_COMPANY_INFO', DB_PREFIX . 'record_company_info');
    define('TABLE_PRODUCT_MUSIC_EXTRA', DB_PREFIX . 'product_music_extra');
    define('TABLE_MUSIC_GENRE', DB_PREFIX . 'music_genre');
    define('TABLE_MUSIC_GENRE_INFO', DB_PREFIX . 'music_genre_info');
    define('TABLE_MEDIA_MANAGER', DB_PREFIX . 'media_manager');
    define('TABLE_MEDIA_TYPES', DB_PREFIX . 'media_types');
    define('TABLE_MEDIA_CLIPS', DB_PREFIX . 'media_clips');
    define('TABLE_MEDIA_TO_PRODUCTS', DB_PREFIX . 'media_to_products');
    ?>
    It should not have any blank lines after the closing ?> symbol.
    If it's got more than 30 lines, then it's likely become double-spaced via your FTP program.
    Edit the file and remove the blank lines/spaces from the end, and then save and re-upload it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply.
    We aren't selling any music. Can we pull the music files completely out? How?
    Will this help the problem?
    I think there may be even more problems, but I need to address them one at a time until we are back up and running.
    Thanks,
    Minigal

Plugin Contributions

BTW, I kept a copy of the warning messages that started the whole problem:
    Here they are:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
    (output started at
    /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/languages/english/index.php:117)
    in
    /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/functions/functions_general.php
    on line 41

These are the warning messages that originally appeared out of nowhere. When our other person started trying to fix the site, first the lines on the messages started changing (I think the next number was line 81), and then things just got worse and worse from there.

Please remember I'm a total newbie.
    Thanks again,
    Minigal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The FAQ system has an article on this:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,
    I did everything just as directed. In fact my music code had a line in it with a copyright that yours didn't so I took it out. The music error left, but something new appeared.
    Here is the current version:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:907) in /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 203

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:907) in /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 203

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:907) in /home/9473/domains/miniatureresource.com/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 155

I replaced the query_factory page with an original version and the error only moved from line 913 to the current line 907.
    We haven't even worked in any of these files.
    What is going on?
    Please help!
    Thanks,
    Minigal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your FTP program isn't set to treat PHP files as "text" instead of "binary", then you're likely ending up with line-ending changes, causing files to become double-spaced, and therefore resulting in blank lines at the end of files, etc.

I tend to recommend FileZilla.

If you change the setting, you may find it beneficial to re-upload files in order to "fix" the problems created by uploading incorrectly.

Plugin Contributions

I just did some more reading up on text vs binary ftp. Webmonkey says that you have to use binary for images and text for cgi, ie shopping carts. The whole thing originally started to go bad when I ftp'd over a revision on a shopping cart page - (one that has a place where we're supposed to insert our own test where it says to). Before that none of the ftps had to do with the shopping cart and everything had been fine.
    We finally had to just replace the whole site and are having to replace all of the custom content again, a piece at a time.
    At least we're back into admin.
    Minigal