Page 63 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Chemo's Ultimate URL's

Doh,

Kinda hard reading 65 pages to find out in the end the version in the download section is not supported anymore

Maybe we can add notes to current downloads so all can not make the same mistake and install something because we of course don't have the time to read through thousands of threads.

Anyhow, gather I need to unistall the 2.103 version and then install the latest rev of this.

Can someone point to the latest stable release download please.

Thanks in advance
    IntelCos

Plugin Contributions

IntelCos,
    The new release is still in Beta, Dreamscape is planning to release Beta 2 very soon.
    It is considerably better than the old version (Yeah, I went there too :) and is (as you will know from this thread), being debugged.
    I am just building, going live in a week, so as it is for me an not someone else, I am taking the decision to run with the Beta version. From what I have seen, Dreamscape is very good at what he does.
    Rupert
    EshopOne Just being Zenned :)
    Mens Suits to follow....
    Ladies Suits to follow....
    Mods: Version 1.3.7 SEO URLs, Super orders; PFD Order Centre, Securetrading payment gateway;Big Royal Mail; Image handler; Zen Lightbox

Plugin Contributions

Good point!
    Quote Originally Posted by IntelCos View Post
    Kinda hard reading 65 pages to find out in the end the version in the download section is not supported anymore
    Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs 3.0.0 beta1 is working great for me, though I can't say whether it has been tested enough to qualify as "stable."

If you decide to install it, there are explicit installation instructions in the guide (included in the download). Dreamscape's link to the download is at post 523. The guide also contains a link to the bug tracker -- where you'll find patches for fixed bugs.

I have no idea how soon Dreamscape will release the next version, but it may be worth noting the bug reports have slowed in the last couple days.

Sean

Plugin Contributions

Beta 2 should only be a couple days away. Its release is waiting more on me to add a few things to the manual than anything else.

Plugin Contributions

Well, nice to know this after 18 hours of trying to figure out why...lol

What can I say, I have little time to run threw threads, but do my best until frustration slaps me.

I tried to remove the 2.103 and ended up with a sht load of issues, so I reverted it back and left in as unpublished until I can re-think this through to make sure I don't do another 18hr eyeball.

I can see from the thread that support is good, but having to guess whats good from the dl's is like a snake on a plane...lol
    IntelCos

Plugin Contributions

Watching with great interest for that Beta2 release, Dreamscape.

I know what you mean wrt "the mods guessing game," Cos. I still have a permanent red hand-print on my forehead from the last time I assumed a mod would do what it was supposed to.

All in all, I still find the Zen-Cart experience less frustrating than commercial software. 'Nuff said.

Plugin Contributions

Wondering if you folks can offer a guiding light to me. Shop up and running, technically OK.
    The problem is I have some deep links from way back, that I want to direct to the new sale page. for example I sell pictures and calenders on behalf the Himalayan Trust Now the old page is toast, so I put this line into my .htaccess:

redirect 301 http://www.eshopone.co.uk/Himalayan/...yan_trust.html http://www.eshopone.com/smx/himalayan/tembusummerhil/

(all one line).
    Just ignores it. Is that because the wrewite engine is set?
    Is there a way round this?

Thx in advance.
    Rupert
    EshopOne Just being Zenned :)
    Mens Suits to follow....
    Ladies Suits to follow....
    Mods: Version 1.3.7 SEO URLs, Super orders; PFD Order Centre, Securetrading payment gateway;Big Royal Mail; Image handler; Zen Lightbox

Plugin Contributions

I am a new user and still trying to decide if this module is something I'm going to be able to install. It seems like a good idea on one hand, but what's spooking me is a tidbit of info that was given to me by a user named "samad64":

Quote: "recreate sessions needs to be turned off in admin for this mod to work properly"

Is this true? And if so then, forgive me for my ignorance, but isn't this a security risk? I recall reading something on these forums saying that recreate sessions should always be left on in Admin. I don't recall all the reasons why (I just turned it on and let it be), but it was something about customers being able to click into the site and shop under someone else's account or people hitting the login page and finding someone else's name there.

If someone would please clarify this for me I would very much appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

I have Recreate Sessions enabled in my shops and am having absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Wes
    The Zen Cart Team is awesome, take a moment to Donate

SureVital Health and Nutrition

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaJ View Post
    Quote: "recreate sessions needs to be turned off in admin for this mod to work properly"

Is this true?
    Dreamscape fixed that one in the 3.0.0 beta1. You can install the beta and obtain necessary patches from the bug tracker, or wait until the integrated release. I'd skip the one in the Downloads section, which (as of this posting date) has the recreate sessions bug.

I'm half asleep, but I'm sure Dreamscape detailed the conditions for recreating the problem -- if not in this thread, then in the bug tracker. You will find a link to the tracker in the documentation that comes with the beta. And you can find a link to the beta in one of Dreamscape's posts in this thread -- 2 or 3 weeks ago, I think.