Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Brilliant. Thanks Pixxi.

I changed to the file cacheing and that now works. I'll try the sql method when I'm feeling a bit braver.
    Great job thanks.
    TFB

Chuckl
    Thanks for taking an interest. all sorted now.

Plugin Contributions

Try as I might I can't get the RM modules to hide if Free Shipping is applied. Weights are set to zero, zones are not an issue and hide if invalid is set to true. Have I forgotten something or is this just something that the RM modules are not programmed to do?

I am using the Freeshipper module not Freeshipping options module.

Sorted out VAT question by the way which prompted my problem. Had a logged call to the VAT woman and it turns out that if delivery is invoiced on the same invoice as zero rated goods then delivery is also zero rated - delivery of any vatable goods on the same invoice as the zero rated goods have to have VAT apportioned. Its not too much of a problem, because we shall just include delivery in the price of the zero rated items.

Plugin Contributions

Sort of half solved my problem. Have inserted:

// disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }

but will only work if hide if invalid switch is off in relevant shipping module admin.

Still good enough for me. Wish I knew what I was doing.

Plugin Contributions

TPH,
    For some one who doesn't know what they are doing, you seem to be doing all right? Nice work.
    I read your post late last night and was going to reply this morning, but you got there first. I'm not quite sure what the 'hide if invalid' set to false does, as I normally use that for troubleshooting shipping problems, but hey if it works...
    To summarise, the freeshipper module should cause all other shipping methods to be hidden, if the cart products have the 'always free shipping' selected, and/or have a weight of zero.
    The weight is a point of debate, as the store shipping/packaging configuration cas cause it to add a packaging weight even if the product weight is zero, and perhaps that is what the 'hide if invalid' is doing?
    The other contentious area to test is when you have a 'mixed' cart of some free and some not, to check that the shipping, tax etc are being correctly calculated.

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I checked mixed baskets and it works as expected. The only problem I have now is that it is pretty anomalous to have identical products one taxed and paying addtional delivery while the other (for registered charities) is tax free and includes delivery.

Will have to have a meeting with my boss (my 19 year old son) if I can get him out of bed. Not far from you, by the way - Bourne End.

Plugin Contributions

Always a pleasure to try and help the neighbours!
    I had a similar challenge a year back when there was a potential need for bulk/wholesale pricing on a friends store. Ultimately it wasn't needed, but we used a customer group/wholesale pricing/product type approach, that meant that only qualifying customers could see those products.
    It might have used one of the contributed mods, I'll have to see if I can find something on our efforts.
    Hope that helps

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Don't forget that Royal Mail prices have just gone up (again!) as from the beginning of April 2007.

Some prices have gone up, others have gone down. Effectively they've widened the gap between 1st Class (recorded) and Special Delivery. For a while there, some packages were cheaper (or the same price) to send via Special Delivery than by Recorded. Not any more.

(He says, having just been caught out by that one myself this morning... )

Plugin Contributions

International shipping charges have also changed significantly - I've only looked at small packet but I believe all have gone up:-

Increases in Airmail small packet base rates for Europe and R.O.W.

International signed for is still £3.50 on the base rates

Compensation limit raised from £32 to £34

International Signed for extra insurance is now £2.00 (was £1.50) more than standard International signed for.

The Big Royal mail has the £1.50 hard coded I think - anyone know how this can be changed? It's not a major issue as I can simply add the extra 50p to the comma separated prices.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicWorkshop View Post
    The Big Royal mail has the £1.50 hard coded I think - anyone know how this can be changed? It's not a major issue as I can simply add the extra 50p to the comma separated prices.
    The compensation amounts are in:

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/your custom folder/name of module

eg:

PHP Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMISFSMALLPACKET500_EXTRA_INSURANCE''1.50'); 
    Yes, we need to get this mod updated for the new rates. I'll see if I can track down a list of the changes - but if anyone knows (or can find out) *just* the rates that have changed please post and I'll update the modules and put a new version in the downloads section.

Let's hope RM doesn't keep changing the rates every few months ..

Plugin Contributions

Pixxi,

Thanks for that, I actually found it about 10mins after posting but left the post on here just to make sure I'd edited the correct line and there wasn't additional edits to be made elsewhere.

From the prices I've looked at so far, all have been increased:- Large letter 1st, Recorded, Special Delivery, Airmail, International signed for and ISF extra insurance.

Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast