Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod - install?

Can somebody tell me - in the install.txt file, it says,

"STEP 2 - Upload the includes directory to your zen cart directory. For most FTP clients the directory structure of the /includes directory should be preserved, and the files should "fall" into their proper places. If your FTP client isn't capable of this, you might have to manually place each file according to where they appear in this mod."

Should this not read "upload the 'install' directory"?

Thank you,
    Trilby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

No, that is correct - you must upload the 'includes' directory which is in the 'install' directory. If you use something like FlashFXP it will sort out the directory structure for you - all you have to do is rename any 'YOUR_TEMPLATE' directories to ..... well your template directory, if you see what I mean.

Plugin Contributions

Default Checkout Without Account Mod - Admin Overview

Hiya,

Joe - and everyone else who's contributed to this mod - thanks for all your hard work!

Thought I'd contribute a small addition if anyone's interested. Had a quick look and couldn't find this done anywhere else - small changes in the Admin - Customers section that let you quickly check to see which customers chose not to create an account.

This adds an extra column to the list of customers to show which ones chose not to create an account.
    Then when you view a single customers details there's an additional section at the top indicating if they created a full account or not.

NB I've created this on version 1.3.7 and haven't tested on any other version.

Mod includes following:
    - 1 additional file with additional texts - so you can change my clunky descriptions if you like.
    - 1 copy of the original admin/customers.php file as delivered in 1.3.7 renamed customersORIG.php
    - new version of customers.php with changes included

All additions to the file are commented - just search for key word COWOA to see all details.

NB you must rename the 'admin' folder to match what ever you have renamed your admin folder.

Since it's only an eeny change I haven't done extensive testing .. so if anything breaks - let me know!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Oops .. just spotted a small bug with the sorting of the customers ... have fixed it but having trouble uploading the new zip file ...

Will keep trying .. in the meantime it's a change to file admin/customers.php around line 947

change should read
    // COWOA+
    case "COWOA-asc":
    $disp_order = "c.COWOA_account";
    break;
    case "COWOA-desc":
    $disp_order = "c.COWOA_account DESC";
    break;
    // COWOA+

Plugin Contributions

Default My Checkout Without Account Mod - Admin Overview

Ah ha - finally managed to upload it!

So attached is the version that works properly when you try to sort customers by those that have accounts and those that don't!

Plugin Contributions

Default Checkout Without Account - Admin Overview

Been tinkering some more and now I've included some changes on the front page of the admin console - so you can distinguish between real and COWOA customers .. more details in the readme file.

I don't know how much more time I'll have to work on this - but I'll post up any more changes I make - or if there are any bugs or general recommendations I'd be glad to hear them.

I'd love take these changes and make them configurable too - so you could pick how you want to see the data - maybe one day soon when work slacks off a bit ...

Plugin Contributions

I got the COWOA and the add ons installed successfully. My problem is that customers are still having to type in their name and address twice when checking out. Is there any way to send the data to paypal or vice versa, so that they only have to type their address once?

www.Wholesomehound.com

It also overwrote my header and I need to go in and fix it. It looks frapped up right now, so please ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewchan View Post
    Well I don't know if this reply's gonna be useful to you guys, but I just wanna say that I've tested the mod with an 1.3.5 cart, with manual modification, and worked perfectly.

Will post the modification steps and files soon when I've completed them

Good Luck

I had found your reply today in the thread. It would be very helpful if you were able to provide me with the modifactions to this mod as i am still running version 1.3.5 myself. I went through the whole thread and hadn;t found anymore posts added in regrads to this thread. Please, it would be much appreciated if you could help. You may email me at [email protected].

Best Regards,
    slash74

Quote Originally Posted by mathewchan View Post
    Well I don't know if this reply's gonna be useful to you guys, but I just wanna say that I've tested the mod with an 1.3.5 cart, with manual modification, and worked perfectly.

Will post the modification steps and files soon when I've completed them

Good Luck

Please HELP! I had found your reply today in the thread. It would be very helpful if you were able to provide me with the modifications to this mod as i am still running version 1.3.5 myself. I went through the whole thread and hadn't found anymore posts added in regards to this thread. Please, it would be much appreciated if you could help. You may email me at [email protected].

Best Regards,
    slash74

SORRY FOR THE SECOND POST. DIDN'T REALISE it WOULD GO TO THE LAST PAGE.

Plugin Contributions

I finally installed this on my test site, and it's running great! Thanks guys!!!

I modified the login page so that COWOA option is at the top left. Please feel free to use it. Rename the attached file to tpl_login_default.php, and uploaded to includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates directory.

Note: I used the split panel login option (1.3.7), which, IMO, looks a bit nicer than the normal login option. You can turn it on in Admin - Configuration - Layout Settings - Use split-login page. Or, you can modify the template I provided so that there's no "if-then" statement for split or normal, and delete the normal login stuff. LMK if anyone needs help.

ETA: You'll need to make changes to your language file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splitscreenshot.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	1831