Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Good detective work Q.

If my memory serves me well, someone reported the varied success of Tools > Install SQL Patches has to do with how magicquotes is configured/supported on the host.

Similar issues plague the patch install process for other mods. I don't recall observing these kinds of issues on 1.2x. Only on 1.3x. I'm hoping an expert could chime in and explain the issue and suggest best practice workarounds.

Woody
    Oddly, I thought I remember removing the magic quotes back in version 3.1 because they allegedly aren't needed. But I dl'd v3.8 today from the zen-cart downloads area, and the magic quotes were still there. But even when i did remove them and try it again, it still errored until I manually added the prefix.

I guess the best way would be to just make an installer.php file like Easy Populate has. Then it can do logic checks for what database stuff is there or not and populate it the more stable way.

Plugin Contributions

qhome you're awesome! pls excuse the akward typng, my system is being reprd and I'm on my ppc. but had to mk sure 8 said thanks. donation lnk?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

I had problems getting this to work. I'm using Zen Cart v1.3.7 on a server with PHP 4.4.4 and MySQL 4.1.21-standard. I followed the directions provided in the zip, however when I finished and went back to the product listing, there was a PHP error and the bottom half of the site failed to render. I'm about to recreate the error so that I may provide more details regarding my problem, but is anyone aware of a problem with my version of Zen Cart and this release?

By the way, when I get this to work it will be perfect for what I want it to do, and I will donate for it. I also heard about some kind of CSS problem in the current package, which I would be happy to fix to give back to the project.

Any and all input is appreciated...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3y View Post
    I had problems getting this to work. I'm using Zen Cart v1.3.7 on a server with PHP 4.4.4 and MySQL 4.1.21-standard. I followed the directions provided in the zip, however when I finished and went back to the product listing, there was a PHP error and the bottom half of the site failed to render. I'm about to recreate the error so that I may provide more details regarding my problem, but is anyone aware of a problem with my version of Zen Cart and this release?

By the way, when I get this to work it will be perfect for what I want it to do, and I will donate for it. I also heard about some kind of CSS problem in the current package, which I would be happy to fix to give back to the project.

Any and all input is appreciated...
    HI Jo3y,

This contrib is fully compatible with 1.3.7. What error did you get? usually if the page doesn't render it is due to the database stuff not being installed yet and it can't find the settings it needs.

The only CSS problem I know of is with IE6 when you click the main image to pop up the bigger image, then close that and click another tab. I'm not sure which "hack" needs to be there to fix it.

I had been thinking about doing a new version but was waiting to see what the zen-cart team was planning with the use of product type layouts. I was asked by the zc team not to build code around the existing product type code because they might be changing how that works. But for now, this contrib should be able to do what you need and maybe you might be able to understand what the ie6 problem is.

Plugin Contributions

The error I received was:

Code:
    <!-- bof: Tabbed Product Lite Modifications -->
    <!-- Tabbed Products Lite v3.8 :: 25-Oct-2006 :: (tpl_tabbed_products_lite.php) -->
    <div id="slidetabsmenu" style="display:none;">
    <ul>
    <li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="expandcontent('sc1', this)"><span>Product Description</span></a></li>
    <div class="systemError">1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL' at line 8<br />in:<br />[select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name
                             from TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL xp, zen_products p, zen_products_description pd
                             where xp.products_id = '1'
                              and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id
                              and p.products_id = pd.products_id
                              and pd.language_id = '1'
                              and p.products_status = 1
                             order by xp.sort_order asc limit MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL]<br /></div>
    But was only apparent after looking at the source, the page stopped rendering after this point; this was the end of the page...

After comparing the error in the source and the corresponding file containing the offending SQL query, I commented out this block of PHP, starting at line 119:
    PHP Code:

// ===> Check if Cross Sell should be a tab or not (tabstrip)
    if ($bCrossSell_Tab != false) {

$xsell_query $db->Execute("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name
                             from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL " xp, " TABLE_PRODUCTS " p, " TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION " pd
                             where xp.products_id = '" 
    $_GET['products_id'] . "'
                              and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id
                              and p.products_id = pd.products_id
                              and pd.language_id = '" 
    $_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
                              and p.products_status = 1
                             order by xp.sort_order asc limit " 
    MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL);

$num_products_xsell $xsell_query->RecordCount();
      if (
    $num_products_xsell != 0) {
        echo 
    '<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="expandcontent(\'sc'.$g.'\', this)"><span>'.$cross_sell_tab_name.'</span></a></li>' "\n";

$g++;
      }

Here's the url of a sample page on the site before I set up Tabbed Products LITE
    http://tinyurl.com/3yeuuu

Anddd here's a link to the b0rked page:
    http://tinyurl.com/2eqzb5

Even though /dev is a fresh install with my template, I'm perfectly willing to concede it's an error on my part, and my solution is lame and hacky, definitely not long term. I just want to understand what happened.. I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with the naming of the tables and the naming conventions in the version of Zen Cart I have installed.

Oh and, criticism on the template/design is very much appreciated, but go easy! I'm pretty much going one step at a time and adding a few items here and there; it's still very much in development...

Plugin Contributions

<div class="systemError">1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL' at line 8<br />in:<br />[select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name
    from TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL xp, zen_products p, zen_products_description pd
    where xp.products_id = '1'
    and xp.xsell_id = p.products_id
    and p.products_id = pd.products_id
    and pd.language_id = '1'
    and p.products_status = 1
    order by xp.sort_order asc limit MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL]<br /></div>[/code]
    This usually means that you set "Cross Sell Is Installed" to true, but it isn't really installed. Try setting that to false in your admin area.

Plugin Contributions

Welllll I was unable to find that setting in the admin area, but i opened includes/modules/tabbed_products_lite.php and changed line 28 from:
    PHP Code:
    $bCrossSell_Exists =            CROSS_SELL_IS_INSTALLED
    to

PHP Code:
    $bCrossSell_Exists =           FALSE
    and that seems to have fixed it.
    Your contribution is a little bit of awesome, qhome, and you're to be commended for providing such fast service for a mod that is free. Please feel free to hit me up the next time CSS gives you a hard time.

By the way, I didn't manually change any settings with regard to that Cross Sell constant, or any other setting for that matter. One of those things, I guess.. I'll have to change that back when I install the Cross Sell mod. I have cart_upsellcrosssell_on_shoppingcart_page_1.4. Is this the one your script is geared to work with?
    Last edited by Jo3y; 24 Apr 2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: PS:

Plugin Contributions

Welllll I was unable to find that setting in the admin area, but i opened includes/modules/tabbed_products_lite.php and changed line 28 from:
    PHP Code:
    $bCrossSell_Exists =            CROSS_SELL_IS_INSTALLED
    to

PHP Code:
    $bCrossSell_Exists =           FALSE
    and that seems to have fixed it.
    Your contribution is a little bit of awesome, qhome, and you're to be commended for providing such fast service for a mod that is free. Please feel free to hit me up the next time CSS gives you a hard time.

By the way, I didn't manually change any settings with regard to that Cross Sell constant, or any other setting for that matter. One of those things, I guess.. I'll have to change that back when I install the Cross Sell mod. I have cart_upsellcrosssell_on_shoppingcart_page_1.4. Is this the one your script is geared to work with?
    Well, it sounds like the sql stuff didn't work for you. You should have a section under your Admin->Configuration menu called Tabbed Products Config and there should be about 10 or so settings. Do you have any tabbed products menu options in the configuration menu?

Plugin Contributions

Many of my products will have a lot of Attributes added. Would adding the Tabbed Products ''LITE'' help my products listings look better? Or easier for people to understand and read? Can you put the Attributes into the tabs? Zen cart here: http://www.horse-logos.com/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jonisolis View Post
    Many of my products will have a lot of Attributes added. Would adding the Tabbed Products ''LITE'' help my products listings look better? Or easier for people to understand and read? Can you put the Attributes into the tabs? Zen cart here: http://www.horse-logos.com/
    Yes. You can use the sub tags. <!--*sub_AttributeOptions(#)*--> will put the attribs on the tab you put in place of the "#" sign. If you want them on their own tab, just make a custom tab called "Options" or something like that and put the number of that tab

EXAMPLE 1:
    <!--&#37;Product Description%-->
    This is the stuff on the 1st tab. It also has Add To Cart button on it.
    <!--*sub_AttributeOptions(1)*-->

EXAMPLE 1
    <!--%Custom Tab 2%-->
    This is the 2nd tab and has Add to cart & Attribute Options on it as noted by the sub tabs below.
    <!--*sub_AddToCart(2)*-->
    <!--*sub_AttributeOptions(2)*-->

Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast