css problem #CC0000 Header help.... please.

Hi everyone! I just need someone to help me with two things for my site to be finished.

Can I make a " header " for my main page by using the Paint program in XP? And can I re-size it in MS-Office 2003 and then upload that to where it is suppose to go?

If so, can someone please let me know where I put my header in Cpanel please, and can it be made so that it's "transparent" so my homemade logo is still on top! Please see www.cosmickodiak.com this is my site I am trying to build. I know nothing about this stuff, but have caught on since I've been on here. Just the bar things and Header background color I cannot seem to manipulate.

Also, I am not sure how to change the "green" color in Zen on those "top bar" thingys! I wanted to change those to a multicolor of Dark Purple instead of Green. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Richard[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Newer than a Newbie, looking for help always!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]www.cosmickodiak.com/[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: #CC0000 Header help.... please.

Can I make a " header " for my main page by using the Paint program in XP? And can I re-size it in MS-Office 2003 and then upload that to where it is suppose to go?
    Have never used these for any professional graphics but if you can create/save as a jpg file then you can replace the header_bg.jpg file with yur file named the same name...
    Also, I am not sure how to change the "green" color in Zen on those "top bar" thingys! I wanted to change those to a multicolor of Dark Purple instead of Green. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance
    Just as above - this file is in the /templates/classic/images folder and named tile_back.gif so you will require a graphics app that can edit gif's > open it and create your own image named tile_back.gif and replace the current one with it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Default Re: #CC0000 Header help.... please.

Kobra right on. Thanks for that info.

You know my father in-law who played goalie for the LA Kings called the Cobra! How cool is that!!

I will give this a go anyway. My web host doesn't bend over backwards for me on this stuff. They were good back in 2005, but now......
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Richard[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Newer than a Newbie, looking for help always!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]www.cosmickodiak.com/[/FONT]