Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

What version is the module? Is it the one that I just made?

Specifically, can you find out if the name is "eurozone_48.php" or "eurozone48.php" ?

Quote Originally Posted by topbird View Post
    Hello all, I hope I get this right as I'm new and I'm not used to posting on these things

I've installed this module on my site (it isn't live yet), and it's an absolute beauty, thank you so much to all who've worked on it! I have tested it and cant find anything wrong with how it works. However the backend looks a bit odd. When I'm in admin, modules, shipping, above the table of modules there is a whole bunch of code, it's quite long, but here is an excerpt

PHP Code:
    case false: if($order->info['total'] < MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKETSF_MIN_ORDERVALUE){ $this->enabled false; return ; }else if(MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKETSF_MAX_ORDERVALUE != -&& $order->info['total'] > MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKETSF_MAX_ORDERVALUE){ $this->enabled false; return ; } break; } // end of switch on subtotal // check that it is a valid country being shipped to. $dest_country = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']; $dest_zone = 0; for ($i=1; $i<=$this->num_zones; $i++) { $countries_table = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKETSF_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i); $country_zones = preg_split("/,/", preg_replace('/\s*/','',$countries_table) ); if (in_array($dest_country, $country_zones)) { $dest_zone = $i; break; } } // ship to country is invalid for this service if ($dest_zone == 0) { $this->enabled = false; return ; }else{ $this->enabled = false; // enabled set to true if valid shipping weight found $zones_cost = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKETSF_ZONES_COST0_' . $dest_zone); $zones_table = preg_split("/[:,]/" , preg_replace('/\s*/','',$zones_cost) ); $size = sizeof($zones_table); for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i+=2) { if ($total_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) { $this->enabled = true; break; } } // end of looping through return ; } // end of valid country } // end of if hide invalid shipping methods is set } // class methods function quote($method = '') { global $order, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes, $currency; $currencies = new currencies(); $dest_country = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']; $dest_zone = 0; $error = false; for ($i=1; $i<=$this->num_zones; $i++) 
    If you want more of an idea of how it looks, here is a screenshot
    What I want to know, is does anyone else get anything like this? is it something I need to worry about, given that the module does seem to work?

Thanks in advance for any help...if it isn't already apparent I am no programmer, so the less jargon the better

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Babygekko!

What version is the module? Is it the one that I just made?

Specifically, can you find out if the name is "eurozone_48.php" or "eurozone48.php" ?
    I diddn't get your version, I got the Big Royal Mail module version: 2.21a1 from the downloads section. My version has eurozone_48 php, and it isn't activated.

I have Royal mail first class large letter, Royal mail recorded signed for first class large letter, Royal mail international signed for small packet and Royal mail standard parcels activated, that's all.

I'm running a fresh installation of 1.3.7, and after testing this module even further there seems to be no problem frontside with what I have. If you need any more information let me know.

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Topbird,

No, that's not normal.

Try re-uploading the module files (includes/modules/shipping) in case you have some corruption during upload.

babygekko: Well spotted :)

Maybe best to upload the fixed version to the Zen downloads section and record there what changes you made in the revision.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for your help Babygekko and Pixxi, I have just uploaded Babygekko's version of this mod and it now works a treat. I guess Pixxi was right and that my files were corrupted during the first upload, so I decided to replace the lot and fingers crossed it now seems clean as a whistle. Fantastic!

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: New Royal Mail Modules

I am thinking about installing this mod and have a read through the thread, but I still have one or two questions and wondered whether anyone would be so kind as to assist.

1: I do not need UK 'zones' or counties, so is it possible to use this module without these?

2: Do I need to install any of the sql files included with the module, because the 'install.txt' file is completely silent about these sql mods? (I have seen a post about this, but please see my first question)

3: Am I right in thinking that the compensation level for inland 'Signed For' has recently increased to £34, and, if so, does the mod include this update? (Somewhere in the .txt files with this module there is a reference to £32 - If I am right this probably needs to be amended to £34)

4: I don't use weight for calculating the value of postage - I have too many products, and don't have scales that would be sufficiently accurate - so I use value of order to define thresholds for increments in postage cost: is this possible with this mod.

5: I do not want the customer to have 'options' for postage. For inland postage I use only first class 'signed for'; or special delivery, according to value of contents; whilst for overseas delivery I use International Signed For, with increasing rates according to value of the contents. Again is this possible with this mod?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Blag,

1) No zones need be installed - this works just fine for standard Royal Mail UK and Airmail services with just the preinstalled country definitions.

2) No SQL installation is required

3) Level of compensation can be edited in module

4) You could use min max order values to show/hide various shipping options. e.g, you may want to force 'recorded signed for large letter' for order value of £0 to £34 and then 'special delivery' for orders of £34 to £500 - this can be done no problem

5) Here's the problem - this is a weight based module and 'from the box' I don't think it will increase rates based on order value. However, a mod to enable this shouldn't be too difficult but I may be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by blag View Post
    1: I do not need UK 'zones' or counties, so is it possible to use this module without these?

2: Do I need to install any of the sql files included with the module, because the 'install.txt' file is completely silent about these sql mods? (I have seen a post about this, but please see my first question)

3: Am I right in thinking that the compensation level for inland 'Signed For' has recently increased to £34, and, if so, does the mod include this update? (Somewhere in the .txt files with this module there is a reference to £32 - If I am right this probably needs to be amended to £34)

4: I don't use weight for calculating the value of postage - I have too many products, and don't have scales that would be sufficiently accurate - so I use value of order to define thresholds for increments in postage cost: is this possible with this mod.

5: I do not want the customer to have 'options' for postage. For inland postage I use only first class 'signed for'; or special delivery, according to value of contents; whilst for overseas delivery I use International Signed For, with increasing rates according to value of the contents. Again is this possible with this mod?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

AtomicWorkshop

Thanks for the response. It all looked promising until I got to the answer to Q5.

You seem to suggest that a mod to the mod mght be quite easy to implement. On what are you basing that assumption, and are you in a position to offer me some assistance in this?

I am also intrigued as to how the settings are adjusted because there doesn't seem to be anything installed in the 'admin' section of the cart.

Plugin Contributions

The settings are in the individual modules - click on a module in admin, then on 'edit' and you'll see the settings that can be changed.

You may be better using one of the standard shipping modules that work on weight, and cloning that module for your international rates too.

If you search on 'clone' and/or 'cloning' together with 'shipping' (no quotes) on the forum you'll find posts describing how that's done.

Plugin Contributions

Pixxi

Thanks for your response I regret that I am not entirely clear as to what you mean about cloning, because the postal charges for my products are not based on a weight basis - each item is very light, I have too many different items to weigh, I don't have scales sufficiently accurate - so I want to charge postage on the value of the contents, if possible, with incremnents at certain value thresholds.

Will your proposal enable me to do this? I ask this because it seems to me that you are suggesting that I use modules that work on weight.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, my typo - I meant 'value' not 'weight'

The Royal Mail modules can work on value to some extent, but only allow one value range (eg. £0 to £25) to be set per module - that's the range of values that particular module will be active for, but you can't specify your own range(s) for shipping rates based on value. They're primarily weight-based.

Since you only want to use 2 UK and 1 international shipping types, you may be better off using the (standard) table rate module - which can work on weight or value - and cloning two extra ones so that you have 3 in total.

Then renaming them so they display in the shop as you wish - eg. 'First Class (Signed For)', 'Special Delivery' and International Signed For'

You can specify what values you want each module to use as the basis of the shipping charges if you 'edit' the module in admin.

Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast