Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question PP Express shipping question

I had a situation pop up yesterday and I am not sure how to prevent it in the future. The scenario happened like this:

1. Customer clicks on regular checkout button and fills out each form in checkout process. In the shipping option, they enter an alternate address from billing.

2. Customer continues to PayPal where they enter credit card info. In the order review, PayPal has changed the shipping address back to the billing address. The customer did not understand they had to edit the shipping address again and the order goes through without the drop shipping address.

3. When I viewed the order in Zen-cart, the order details showed the same address for billing and shipping, and I would have had no idea they wanted the item shipped elsewhere.

It would seem the shipping information about the order is not being sent to PayPal, requiring the customer to enter information twice. So either I need to eliminate the regular checkout process and have my customers go directly to PayPal or ?

BTW, I have all the latest updates and patches.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PP Express shipping question

I am wondering if the problem lies with the automatic account creation option? I currently have that turned on. Perhaps this option is over-riding the order details in Zen-Cart when it imports a new account. I may turn it off and see what happens.... Although it is a nice feature otherwise.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Hi tinypack.

Did you ever find an answer to this as I think the same thing has happend to me. How did you find out the shipping address?

My store is located in New Zealand. A customer from the UK placed an order and used PayPal Express checkout through the regular checkout process. The order in Zen Admin lists shipping and billing address as the same address (in the UK) but the customer was only charged for shipping within New Zealand. I know my shipping zones are setup correctly as I have tried checking out with a test account configured for the UK and I get the correct shipping options/prices on Step 1 of checkout process but did not complete the entire transaction.

So basically what I am saying is that either I have the same problem as you or there is some other problem with PayPal Express shipping options.

I need to figure this out quickly as there is a rather big difference in shipping costs between sending something locally and sending to the UK... bye bye profits

Plugin Contributions

I only happened to discover the error because I talked to the customer. I haven't been able to work out the problem other than posting instructions on the checkout pages. Customers really should not have to enter the information twice, but that is how things currently work. I haven't found a setting in my paypal profile or payment module that will allow for drop shipping. My current paypal module settings are:

Enable this Payment Module
    True

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone
    --none--

Set Order Status
    Processing [2]

Set Unpaid Order Status
    Pending [1]

Set Refund Order Status
    Pending [1]

Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    No

Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically
    No

Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page
    Yes

Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation
    Yes

Payment Action
    Auth Only

Transaction Currency
    Only USD
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me tinypack.

Yes I agree it is very annoying to expect a customer to enter their shipping address twice and most won't do it (which creates more work for us - if we can even figure out that they changed their shipping address ).

I took a look at the PP Express Zencart modules code and Paypal's integration documentation (https://www.paypal.com/en_US/pdf/PP_...ationGuide.pdf - see the note at the top of page 36) and it looks like it is supposed to work when over-wridden but I am struggling to follow the flow of code in the payment module. I will take another look tomorrow when I am fresh and see if I can see why it isn't working the way it should.

Regards.
    Duwane

Plugin Contributions

Could someone with a fresh install of ZenCart 1.3.7.1 (with the latest PayPal patches from DrByte installed) please test and confirm if the address over-ride is working with PayPal Express checkout? I do not have enough web space left to upload onother copy of ZenCart for testing.

I have done test transactions with my website and it seems like if a user goes through the the standard checkout process and changes the shipping address in step 1 of checkout that the customers address from their PayPal account is being sent back as the shipping address. here is no record in ZenCart that the shipping address is different from the billing address. Taxes as also not calculated correctly, but the shipping costs seem to be correct. In other words it seems like the override I mentioned in the post above is not working and this is confusing ZenCart.

I am still looking over the code but cannot find any problems as yet....

Plugin Contributions

I too am seeing the same problem. First a disclaimer - I'm fairly new to all this. From my digging though, it seems that
    * Registration in zencart goes to the address_book database
    * paypal response comes back with the paypal address as a shipping address:
    Request Parameters: {DoExpressCheckoutPayment} Array (
    [ITEMAMT] => 8.50
    [SHIPPINGAMT] => 1.00
    [AMT] => 9.50
    [L_NUMBER0] =>
    [L_QTY0] => 1
    [L_NAME0] => Ticket - Oct.20 11am Matinee
    [L_AMT0] => 8.50
    [L_TAXAMT0] => 0.00
    [SHIPTONAME] => Test User
    [SHIPTOSTREET] => Paypal billing
    * paypal response goes to the 'orders' shipping_address database
    * zen reports (email verifications, account activity reports, shipping labels, etc.) use the 'orders' database

To me, it would seem that paypal would be concerned with billing, while zen is concerned with shipping, but I'm inexperienced here and I'm only concerning myself with paypal express and I'm not offering any other payment options.

I'm thinking of digging into the code to figure out how to put that paypal response into the orders:billing_address instead of orders:shipping_address, or I might just put lots of comments onto the check-out pages (not ideal).

If anyone can tell me where I'm confused, or if this is a valid bug that can/will be patched, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Carl

Plugin Contributions

Should have mentioned that I'm at Zencart 1.3.7, I've installed the June 17 paypal patch and reinstalled the module. I'm running a new database as a practice before going live, and I'm in sandbox mode with the paypal developer sandbox.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks carlvt88.

It seems that this may be a bug somewhere. A customer won't put their address in twice. Some will but they shouldn't be expected to (IMHO). PayPal says (according to their documentation) that you can override the customers PayPal address so it should work.

It might have something to do with our setups which is why I wanted someone with a fresh test install to check this. Preferably someone that knows the PayPal code well (DrByte pleeeeeze). It may only show up depending on some factors so if we can eliminate any bugs in a clean install then at least we know it is not out setup...

I will continue checking the code but as I said before I can't find anything yet.

Plugin Contributions

I also forgot to add in support of what we are saying, that most shop owners would not notice this problem unless a customer complained that their goods were shipped to the wrong address. The only reason I noticed this was that my customer happend to be from another country and I could see that the shipping cost did not match what it should have been.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast