Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Royal Mail shipping and Free Shipping Options

Hi
    First many thanks to all involved in this fantastic module especially Philip and Pixxi.
    I am trying to hide the royal mail shipping options when the free shipping options kick in, for example I give free shipping when an order has more than 3 items, so there is not point in displaying the RM1stlargeletter which I normally use, try I a may I have had no success in this yet and have searched through this long post be can't find how (thats not to say it isn't here and I've mised it). Any suggestions or pointers would be really appreciated, failing that I guess I am just going to have to roll up my sleves and start digging into the code to try work out a method but I was hoping someone could save me many hours of debugging
    Steven

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail shipping and Free Shipping Options

Kands, The two Zen Cart free shipping modules are quite distinct in their operation (as you've discovered). The FreeShipping inhibits all other shipping methods, the Free Options does not.
    Linda addressed this recently here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=69669&page=2

for US sites, which with a bit of editing will hopefully do the trick for you.

Rgds,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Hi Chuckl
    Thanks for your reply I tried Kim's solution and modified it to suit however it removes all the shipping options but I still want to be able to offer things like store pickup and special delivery next day
    Steven

Plugin Contributions

Great mod and got it working great to handle the weights, but my customers are offered a choice of choose the right weight for Large Letter or Packet.

Most customers will of course choose the cheapest option, so I wondered if there is a way to direct customers to choose the most appropriate option for their chosen product/s? Most of my products are books which could be Large Letter or packet depending on the book?
    Last edited by AJ73; 7 Aug 2007 at 01:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AJ73 View Post
    Most customers will of course choose the cheapest option, so I wondered if there is a way to direct customers to choose the most appropriate option for their chosen product/s? Most of my products are books which could be Large Letter or packet depending on the book?

Hi AJ73,

I'm no expert on this mod but I have found that a large percentage of books will not qualify for large letter even though they are within the weight allowed, because they are over 25mm in thickness.

I have a many products that could be sent via large letter and fit the size but I also have a lot that could but don't fit the size, so my solution was to not offer large letter.

I only offer Small packet, Recorded Signed for, Special delivery and Standard parcels for my UK customers, this seems to work for me.

TFB

Plugin Contributions

Thanks TFB,

I may have to just offer packet, although I do know that most of our books are small enough when packaged for large letter, it's when they buy more than one they are of course packet only.

I think I will have to offer packet, we are a charity anyway so most people wont mind paying that little extra, the perfectionist in me would just like to offer them large letter if that is all they need to pay.

Plugin Contributions

When I used this I weighed each item and depending on the weight I changed the setting of the mod thus making sure the larger items would be sent via packet or large letter as needed.

Plugin Contributions

I have a problem about weight. It looks like lbs has been set up already. When I use royal mail, I do not understand why it charge so high as it is 0.001lbs. Could someone help me please? Also is it possible to change using kg not lbs?

Thank you.

http://u-fashion.net/shop4

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helloUK View Post
    I have a problem about weight. It looks like lbs has been set up already. When I use royal mail, I do not understand why it charge so high as it is 0.001lbs. Could someone help me please? Also is it possible to change using kg not lbs?

Thank you.

http://u-fashion.net/shop4
    OK I found the answer to change configuration>shipping and packing 0:0

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that catches a lot of people out

You can change 'lbs' to 'kgs' in includes/languages/your custom language folder/english.php:

PHP Code:
     define('TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT','kgs'); 

Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast