Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add zen cart functionality to an existing site -LINK

Put the image file in /includes/templates/your_template/images/, and edit /includes/languages/english/your_template/header.php:

define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', 'logo.gif');

to

define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', '1.jpg');

Alternatively, you can just add the image in your stylesheet as a background:

#headerWrapper {
    background: url(../images/1.jpg) no-repeat;
    height: 123px; /*adjust to fit bg image*/
    }

without touching any other files. You can change the background-color of other header elements to transparent also, or eliminate their background-images.

In /includes/languages/english/your_template/header.php, change the definition of HEADER_SALES_TEXT and HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE to '' (two single quotes). You will also want to customize some of the other items there.

In /includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_header.php, move the block of code marked <!--bof navigation display--> to below the branding display block.

Turn off the categories-tabs menu in admin > Configuration > Layout Settings.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add zen cart functionality to an existing site

Thanks Glen

I changed:
    define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', 'logo.gif'); to
    define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', 'logo.gif'); and made the other changes. Wow. It looks a LOT better!

Only problem I'm having is now the Image on the top is acting as a link and I need to move the Home and Log In links to the bottom left of the image as they are set up on the main site.

I think What I will do tomorrow Is Change the header wrapper in stylesheet and eliminate the Logo Image. That should solve the the image acting as a link.

But do you know of a way I can move the Home and Log In links up a little and over o he right?

Thanks for your help.. I really appreciate it!!

Rich

Plugin Contributions

THere are other suggestions in my post that you have not done yet...

Change #logoWrapper to
    Code:
    #logoWrapper{
    	display: none;
    	}
    Separate #navMainWrapper into its own declaration, and change it to
    Code:
    #navMainWrapper {
    	margin: 0em;
    	background-color: transparent;
    	padding: 0.5em 0.2em;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	color: #ffffff;
    	position: relative;
    	top: 55px; /*adjust to suit*/
    	left: 0px; /*adjust to suit*/
    	height: 1&#37;;
    	}
    You can also turn off the EZ-Pages menu in admin.

If you don't want one or both sidebars, you can turn them off in Configuration > Layout Settings > Column Left/Right Status - Global.
    Last edited by gjh42; 23 Aug 2007 at 10:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Glenn,

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

I was literally losing my mind trying to figure this out!
    Now I can take a break for a couple days.. (I actually lost sleep over this).

Thanks a bunch!

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Rich,
    I use RapidWeaver, too, and faced many of the same problems you are having in designing my store site. I also think it would be nice to be able to convert the store into a format that could just be dropped in to the RapidWeaver template. One thing I did to solve the problem of jumping back and forth from the main site to the store was to set the store link (on my main site) to open in a separate window. I would certainly prefer the store to open in my RapidWeaver template, but it is a simple alternative that allows the main site to remain open in the background.

Gary

Plugin Contributions

Gary..

Thats something I didn't even think of!

I have my site set up.. and the only time a customer goes to the store area is to make a purchase.. But after the purchase.. they have to link a link to return tro the main site.

The idea of using a java popup to open the store sounds cool!

And then maybe a java "click here" to close this window on certain pages of the store

The only problem I see with popups are the 'not so advanced pop up blockers that block popups even when the site visitor request the popup. And the 'not so advanced computer users' that don't realize they are blocking a pop up they just requested.

That already worries me as as I have a few "click here for more info" popup windows on my site.

Hmmm.. now that I've mentioned scripts.. It reminds me of Zencart already being overbloated and I have to do some reading up on how to trim some of the fat off of it.

The whole idea of opening up the cart in a window really has me thinking now!

Thanks for the reply Gary.

If anyone else has any ideas on this one please share them!

Thanks a bunch,

Rich_li_ny

Plugin Contributions

There's no reason to use javascript for this. Just add to the link code (<a href=...)

target="_blank"

and the link will open in a new window.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    There's no reason to use javascript for this. Just add to the link code (<a href=...)

target="_blank"

and the link will open in a new window.
    Glen...

Your right!
    What was I thinking????

And as far as script to make a "close this windows" link.. it's a waste of time.. unless of course you wanted the window to open up the size of a baseball card and do strange things to it... hehehe

I already have a href link to the cart and after checkout or logging off, the customer has the option of clicking a Link to return to the main site.

Rich_li_ny
    Last edited by rich_li_ny; 26 Sep 2007 at 06:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Rich,
    Actually, you don't even have to know html to do this. In RapidWeaver, create a new page using Offsite Page. Title your button however your wish to denote that this button takes you to the storefront. From the Edit screen on the new page, go to Page Inspector and click on OPEN IN NEW WINDOW. Now when your store loads, it will simply load in a new window in front of the main site. There's also a button that allows you to set up a redirect message just as a reminder that you are going to a secure page. Now if Zen Cart were just as simple to use as RapidWeaver.

Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12