Page 212 of 394 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

I like the idea of Google checkout, hopefully this will make paypal sit up and start earning their fees! (or reducing them) However, I don't think there are enough customers out there (in the Uk at least) that are actively using Google checkout. This is something I am going to leave until early/mid 2008 to integrate. At the speed Google move on the dev front, I am sure there will be a multitude of updates/tweaks over the coming months...210 pages!

Pete

ps. does this support free shipping?
    Last edited by mediathing; 20 Oct 2007 at 09:28 PM.
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

While I had Google Checkout in sandbox mode I had a note on the site not to use Google Checkout but someone did use it and I got an order through the sandbox. I went ahead and charged the customer in the sandbox. Does anyone know if there will be a payout in the sandbox or will I need to contact the customer to pay again in the production environment?

Plugin Contributions

Default Google Checkout: Issues and Uglies!

By the looks of things Google Checkout has some issues and is not compatible with my business model. I probably missed something too, but heres my Google Checkout laundry list:

1. Google checkout does not appear on list with other payment options in the checkout area (step 2 of 3 in the Checkout process).

2. If customer Clicks Google Checkout and makes the purchase and then clicks the link to return to my site, instead of getting a "Checkout_Success" they get a message: "Whoops! Your session expired."

3. On order receipt (from Google) it specifically says,
    "Problem with this order? Contact mycompany.com" But when customer clicks the link it takes them to Google checkout!"

That sucks as I update the status of my orders through Zencart.. NOT Google.

4. Google (sandbox) orders are not showing up in my Zencart "orders" area. Either i did something wrong when I the Google module or Sandbox orders don't show up in orders.

5. Google Sandbox customers are NOT added to my list of customers in Zencart.

6. I hate the "Hide my email address from this merchant' option in Google Checkout.. I wish that option could be removed. I would like to have a real email address to contact my customer on if at all possible. I am in a high fraud business and I just feel comfortable knowing as much as possible about my potential customer/thief.

7. Following the Google Instructions for this module. Google Checkout is now listed Above my Paypal Express checkout button. I honestly feel that they have taken it too far! I was happy with the Paypal button where it was and moving the Paypal button down a notch for Google just doesn't look right! The Paypal button looks funny down at the bottom now.

I want Paypal to be the first choice a customer sees until we can work out the rest of the issues I have with Google Checkout.

Any help with any of these issues/points is appreciated. I'm sure some of the advanced users on the forum will have some awesome feedback.

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout: Issues and Uglies!

IM having these problems to and after around a week of more then one post of help nothing, i have read most of this forum and others with no real solution.

I can tell you why number 2 is happening, basicly when they click google it don't ask them to sign in first, if you do sign in then check out with google you get the checkout success screen and not the time out screen, but this still doen't record the order in zen cart or even issues an order number.

i have now ripped the google mod out!!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Google Checkout: Issues and Uglies! SANDBOX CHARGES? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tmw-Websites View Post
    IM having these problems to and after around a week of more then one post of help nothing, i have read most of this forum and others with no real solution. .....i have now ripped the Google mod out!!
    Well.. right now I have the module installed on my test store. I have two stores on my site.. a live one and one for testing things out.

What really sucks about Google is the lack of organized straight forward step by step support. You can check through hundreds of pages of forums, wiki's etc.. basically staring at your monitor and clicking your mouse for days or weeks on end until your eyes are literally bleeding.

To make Matter Worse GOOGLE CHECKOUT SANDBOX MAY HAVE JUST MAXED OUT MY F#CKING CREDIT CARD!

I logged into my store, created an account and went through the process to see if the Google acct was integrating properly and updating my customer list in Admin. I used real Credit cards.. Thinking it was all Sandbox and it wouldn't charge me.

I then logged into the seller sandbox and click process. No biggie I thought

I Check my Admin of store nothing is there.. but I get a sales confirmation from Google. A few minutes later I read Google Support Forum only to use certain 'Fake Credit cards numbers .. and they give you list of cards to use!.

So IF I'm Charged .. I'm F#cked! I am overseas now. To a replace my USA bank cards here is NOT an easy task! It cost me about $85.00 just to have one sent over to me by my family via Fedex when my wallet was stolen a couple months ago. (regular mail just magically disappears if there is anything of possible value in it).

I called my bank and they said..
    "We'll cancel the card if you cant get a hold of Google". That's just great!

Honestly I don't think anyone can get a hold of Google!
    At least Paypal has a number to call if there is a problem!

So this is great! Unless this gets sorted quickly I will be here sitting on my ###### with No Access to my Money and possibly Overdrawn on my US bank account with a bunch of BS charges from the Google Checkout Sandbox!

So here I am .. contemplating.. canceling this card.. and having my other cards that (were replaced and sitting back home waiting for me) Fedex'd over to me so I can use them. All at another charge of $85 for FedEx which I will have to ask my family to fork out till I get back home!

God Bless America and F#ck Google Checkout!

Plugin Contributions

These are the precise reasons I am leaving it untill next year to install. I can't imagine Google ever having a customer help number, to be honest I'm surprised Paypal have one (used it a couple of times). You're lucky if you get a reply to emails sent to Google support, even when you do it's just a generic answer.

I think we need someone like Richard Branson (Virgin) to start in this field, Virgin checkout. C'mon Richard!

Pete
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mediathing View Post
    I think we need someone like Richard Branson (Virgin) to start in this field, Virgin checkout. C'mon Richard!
    Pete
    Now that would be nice!

Plugin Contributions

Got it installed and it I received an email that I was paid for items. HOWEVER, there is no record in the cart and the items still show as unsold - I only had one of each.

I really hope that this is an issue that I can correct. I cant imagine that GCO was design for Zen Cart but does't actually work with the cart other than to make GCO available. Anyone have any siggestions? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

That's about as far as I made it.. For now I'm giving up.. util I get obsessed wuth the idea of making it work again.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone have a solution for the error that shows up in my GCO integration error log:

Ids are integral numbers, but you sent: