Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Click to Call In Sidebox!!

I would like to add a click to call or a chat button to my Zen Cart.

For example a customer can be in your checkout area and have a questions or a problem. I don't know about you but when I get a potential customer on the phone the potential customer gets converted to a real customer most of the time!

The Good News is we can get Click to Call and Live Presence functionality for FREE for our existing websites if we know how to install it in Zen Cart.

What I did was put a few Click to Call buttons on the page below so everyone can see exactly what I'm talking about. I just need to know where to put the little html snippets in Zencart

Check this out! I'm sure some of you will love it!!

http://geocities.com/rich_li_ny/click2call.html

I put a couple competing services (presently free) on the page so that Zen Cart users can all have an idea of what's available out there.

Rich~

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Click to Call In Sidebox!!

Don't forget to fortify this with an actual *phone number*. A real business in North America has a ten digit number that is reachable using the voice network. Seeing this is a big trust-builder.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Click to Call In Sidebox!!

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Don't forget to fortify this with an actual *phone number*. A real business in North America has a ten digit number that is reachable using the voice network. Seeing this is a big trust-builder.
    I agree!

We've already got local number's in the USA (New York), the UK (London) and South Africa (Cape Town) as well as fax numbers in each of these locations. We also have local fax numbers in each of these locations.

The way we our phones set up is detailed in this example.
    Lets say a call comes into our New York sales line.

Our sales rep in NY will take the call. Lets say its after 5:00pm eastern time in NY and a call come in. Thats no big deal as the call will just ring into another area where the people are still working. We also have the option to automatically send call to voice mail automatically at a specific time each day.

The Click to Call feature is just another way to increase our sales and build customer confidence. It may also work out well in in another area. Lets say were looking for sales reps in a foriegn country but don't have a number there? We just post a "Click to Call" link or widget in our advert.

The main purpose for me is to increase Zen cart sales!

The click to call helps out in this area. ... Lets say a customer is not located in the UK, USA, or S Africa. They want to buy something have a question but now have no idea which number they should call. Maybe they think we will only sell in the countries we have phone numbers in? maybe the customer don't know how to call us on an international number? Maybe the customer is afraid to make an international call due to the high cost.

No problem let them click to call us for free.

Whenever I get the time I'll be building my own click to call. All the necessary infrastructure is already in place. I understand telecommunications a hell of a lot better then Zen Cart. It would actually be easier for me then installing Google Checkout . lol

Now if I can only get some French speaking sales reps, I would be a happy man ~

Thanks for the replies!

econcepts: Thanks for the links.. I'm checking them out now!

Rich
    Last edited by rich_li_ny; 22 Oct 2007 at 09:47 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Click to Call In Sidebox!!

You will be needing more than just a click to call service. You can use local area code numbers, toll free numbers and try to take advantage of your music on-hold or business phone greetings by incorporating some short information or advertising schemes.