Page 38 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by JMS_Music View Post
    Im not putting a table on my end!!!!! :-)

Hi econcepts thanks for the reply! Got to say its your fault that I am up to my neck in this... downloaded the first book loved the ideas and now am in the process of moving things and changing colours as you advise (and as a customer I would prefer to see)

At the moment I am trying to get the ADDED TO CART (.messageStackSuccess,) to drop next to the add to cart button... love that idea :-)

AND then I will be making a nice BIG green "Action" Button hopefully in CSS but have to research that a little deeper :-) (waiting for a nice friendly answer with tips ;-)

SO back to the table on my end....

I tried both... Copy-Paste and upload ....

PHPMYADMIN tells me that the TABLE is called "configuration_group" so where did the ZEN come from and shall I just loose it from the SQL upload???

When this eventually kicks in I can buy the next book.... now theres an incentive!!! :-)

Thanks in advance for the input....

Richie
    The "Zen" comes from within your install (of zen cart itself). When you run a script through the admin of zen, it automatically appends the prefix you determined when you setup the system the first time around to the front of any table name.

So, that prefix is not in the actual "upload file". It is put there by Zen Cart.

Make sense?
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Dear developer of this excellent mod,

Just wanna inform you that the included installation sql patch will delete configuration_key with configuration_group_id = 0

The effected keys are

PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT
    UPLOAD_PREFIX
    TEXT_PREFIX

Deletion of above keys will effect the proper functionality of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by surf7.net View Post
    Dear developer of this excellent mod,

Just wanna inform you that the included installation sql patch will delete configuration_key with configuration_group_id = 0

The effected keys are

UPLOAD_PREFIX
    TEXT_PREFIX

Deletion of above keys will effect the proper functionality of Zen Cart.
    Thanks and glad you like the mod, however, you are incorrect in your thinking.

It appears you are not reading or understanding the SQL language provided in the install correctly.

If you look at the SQL code closely, you'll notice that the configuration group id variable is set during the SELECT statement, and is set to the specific value "WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Google Analytics Configuration';".

That group id differs between sites and the variable is set as such to properly remove the correct configuration values as needed (and if present).

A number of contributions use this same logic as it provides a means for users to install a module into an "open slot" without conflicting with other configuration group ids on their system.

This module is in use by myself on many sites, and thousands of other Zen Cart users (look in the downloads section) without any problems relating to "proper functionality of Zen Cart."

In fact, just to be sure, I tested your concept (I always test), and the patch works just fine without deleting the configuration keys you mentioned above. :)
    Last edited by econcepts; 31 Oct 2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added more content
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Surf7,

By the way. I went to your site, and looked at your "Malaysia E-Commerce Solution". Then looked at your demo site at http://demo.easyweb.com.my/.

I noticed that no where on your "E-Commerce solution" services page nor on the Demo site do you give credit to or even mention the cart is Zen Cart.

If you are going to be using Zen Cart as your "e-commerce solution", I would recommend giving them credit where credit is due and not masking it as if it was your own custom solution. A lot of hard work goes into this cart through the great community of developers, and a lot of users spend a great deal of time making sure it works for others. It's only right to give credit to the team that created it and not make it look like it is your own.

Just a thought.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Thanks and glad you like the mod, however, you are incorrect in your thinking.

It appears you are not reading or understanding the SQL language provided in the install correctly.

If you look at the SQL code closely, you'll notice that the configuration group id variable is set during the SELECT statement, and is set to the specific value "WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Google Analytics Configuration';".

That group id differs between sites and the variable is set as such to properly remove the correct configuration values as needed (and if present).

A number of contributions use this same logic as it provides a means for users to install a module into an "open slot" without conflicting with other configuration group ids on their system.

This module is in use by myself on many sites, and thousands of other Zen Cart users (look in the downloads section) without any problems relating to "proper functionality of Zen Cart."

In fact, just to be sure, I tested your concept (I always test), and the patch works just fine without deleting the configuration keys you mentioned above. :)
    I have run this code again in phpmyadmin

Code:
    SET @t4=0;
    SELECT (@t4:=configuration_group_id) as t4 
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Google Analytics Configuration';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    and it indeed deleted:

UPLOAD_PREFIX
    TEXT_PREFIX
    IH_VERSION (from Image Handler Addon)

My MYSQL version is 5.0.21 and the phpmyadmin is 2.8.1

I have run it again in MYSQL 4.1.22 and phpMyAdmin - 2.10.0.2. still the same problem.

Please note that, if run the above code in a database that has "Google Analytics Configuration" in configuration_group table, then the above will only delete the keys in configuration table with configuration_group_id equals to the Google Analytics configuration group ID.

OK I lost myself there.... anyway, the point is: if you run the above code for new installation of Google Analytics, then it will delete the 4 keys mentioned above.

Did you test run the code on a database already has Google Analytics installed?

I have reported this problem to other addon developer as well. So far, I managed to discover these addons are effected:

Google Sitemap
    GOOGLE BASE FEEDER
    Testimonials Manager
    RSS Feed

Some have already releasing a fixed.

Surf7,

By the way. I went to your site, and looked at your "Malaysia E-Commerce Solution". Then looked at your demo site at http://demo.easyweb.com.my/.

I noticed that no where on your "E-Commerce solution" services page nor on the Demo site do you give credit to or even mention the cart is Zen Cart.

If you are going to be using Zen Cart as your "e-commerce solution", I would recommend giving them credit where credit is due and not masking it as if it was your own custom solution. A lot of hard work goes into this cart through the great community of developers, and a lot of users spend a great deal of time making sure it works for others. It's only right to give credit to the team that created it and not make it look like it is your own.

Just a thought.
    Hi econcepts,

Please look properly at the bottom of left side bar of...

http://www.surf7.net/services/ecommerce/index.php
    http://www.surf7.net/services/ecommerce/pricing.php
    http://www.surf7.net/services/ecommerce/demo.php
    http://www.surf7.net/services/ecommerce/client.php
    http://www.surf7.net/services/ecommerce/order.php
    http://www.surf7.net/services/ecommerce/resources.php

It has Powered by [ZEN CART logo]

There is no requirement that I must put link to Zen Cart on every web store I created. However if view the source code, you can see...

Code:
    <meta name="author" content="The Zen Cart&trade; Team and others" />
    <meta name="generator" content="shopping cart program by Zen Cart&trade;, http://www.zen-cart.com eCommerce" />
    To view source code of any web page, please follow these steps.

1. In Mozilla Firefox, go to View > Page Source or Ctrl + U
    2. In Internet Explorer 7, go to Page > View Source

Please note that I am not selling Zen Cart but rather selling support services. I am not sure how do you come to conclusion that I am masking it as if it was my own custom solution. All my customers will see Zen Cart logo smack right on the top left when they login to their admin.

FYI, I did contribute to Zen Cart with my fair share of contributions. I also help out in discovering errors made my other developers like you. I hope you are not offended that I pointed out your errors. If you do, please let me know and I will not announce it in the forum.

Anyhow, great products.

P/S - If you discover errors in my contributions, please point it out to me. I'll be more than happy.

Plugin Contributions

No harm meant surf7, and thanks for your contributions to the community. :)

I also appreciate when errors in contributions are pointed out as that is one way of making the whole Zen Cart software better for all of us.

I just wanted other users to know that the error you pointed out in your original post is not an error at all and in fact the SQL syntax works just fine as is. It causes no issues with deleting improper key values from the core of zen cart stores.

I tested it before release, and just tested it again here before I posted the reply to make sure that is the case. If there was an error in the code, I certainly would correct it, however in this case there was none.

See you round the forums!
    Last edited by econcepts; 31 Oct 2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    Eric

It causes no issues with deleting improper key values from the core of zen cart stores.
    You mean these three keys PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT, UPLOAD_PREFIX, TEXT_PREFIX are not deleted when you run the sql patch?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by surf7.net View Post
    You mean these three keys PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT, UPLOAD_PREFIX, TEXT_PREFIX are not deleted when you run the sql patch?
    Nope. Not at all. :)

Just for kicks. Tried it again here a third time, and they are not deleted. :)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Arial]econcept, why you don’t answer my Emails?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I bought your e-book and it create lots of problem in my web sites?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]You should keep some kind of customer support for your product. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]For start send me new zip file of the program, as the one I got missing icons, and maybe most likely some files[/FONT]