Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sessions expiring, can't checkout

Ever since my host made some changes/updates, my site has been having issues. First I couldn't login to my admin, but I got that resolved.

Here is what I have now:
    PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5

Although I had paid for it, my "great" host didn't updated my SSL since October and they finally updated it a few days ago (or so I hope).

The issue that I have, for two sites with the same host, is that it seems sessions are either not created or are expiring immediately. New client creates a new account and tries to checkout and they go all the way to the end (almost), cart gets empty and they can't checkout. For one of the sites, authorize.net does send the customer an email with purchase info, but Zen doesn't. The other site only sends the email about new account creation, but no order.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sessions expiring, can't checkout

This is just a wild guess, but IIRC there was a similar thread a few days ago. Check the system date on your PC.

Also, post your web site's URL and someone here will have a look around, put a few things in their cart and try at least part of the checkout process to see how wide the problem is.

Seeing the problem may make it easier to suggest a cause and recommend a solution.
    We're now settled in at our final home - http://www.swiftbooks.co.uk - where you'll find an eclectic collection of used books. Still a lot of work to do, though!

Plugin Contributions

thanks! I did look around for quite a bit and there were some similar but not exact issues and I couldn't figure out what the solution is.

urls: www.startingequipment.com
    www.totaltrailerparts.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shqipo View Post
    thanks! I did look around for quite a bit and there were some similar but not exact issues and I couldn't figure out what the solution is.

urls: www.startingequipment.com
    www.totaltrailerparts.com
    In starting equipment I got as far as putting in a credit card number, then chickened out.

Dropping back to have a look at the cart, from that point, seems ok.

Logging off, then back on again leaves the product in the cart.

As I don't use credit card modules on my sites this is where someone with knowledge of them needs to step in.

BTW - I'm assuming both these sites are live.

Further thought - if you have to set up return pages (either within Zen Cart or in online card service providers) check those if you haven't already.
    We're now settled in at our final home - http://www.swiftbooks.co.uk - where you'll find an eclectic collection of used books. Still a lot of work to do, though!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, both sites are live. They were working fine for about a year or so. Until these @#$% changes that my host (allreseller) did without letting anyone know.

Plugin Contributions

Until October were you running with expired certificates, or did you turn SSL off in Zen Cart's configure.php files?

If you ran with SSL turned off, try turning it off again to see if it really is an SSL problem. If it works it'll also buy some time to get to the bottom of the problem, and give you some pointers to where the problem is - but you'll still need it sorted quickly as you have very expensive products and your customers will be very reluctant to buy from a non-SSL site.

For me, the description of the problem points to an incorrect file or path entered somewhere - possible if you or your hosts have just turned SSL on. Is it likely the card service providers need to be told you're now using SSL?

Plugin Contributions

Nope, until October cert was fine. But I guess it expired in October. I didn't turn it off either.

Plugin Contributions

^^bump^^

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So ... what's your host saying?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So ... what's your host saying?
    About what? I'm sorry, I'm not fully understanding the question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast