Plugin Contributions

Default Feedback and details on a live ZenCart Store

Hello,

I've been running www.NetJuggler.net for over 2 years now on a ZenCart base and I've been doing a lot of updating and designing for this store with a lot of custom built modules... So this is a highly modified ZenCart store that has evolved a lot over the last 2 years.

Time has come where I would like to show it off a little and ask for some feedback out here.

Here is a quick word of advice for people out there starting up :
    - Selling on the internet works if you do it right.
    - Successfull selling on the internet means dedicating hours on your website everyday.
    - Google Adwords and Google Analytics is one of the keys to success but only if your store is ready.
    - Niche Markets are the ones to aim for. Selling products you think will become big sellers before anyone knows about them. There some gambling involved of course !
    - Before you start and once you've started, spend tons of your time on : http://www.getelastic.com/ one of the greatest sites of ecommerce

Feedback
    I'm really working hard on the main home page at the moment, this is the most important page in my opinion. Any advice you could give to make this better, comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated. (As well as on the entire website of course)

Some of the modules used
    - ultimate_seo_urls
    - french_language_pack
    - google_sitemap
    - add_customers_from_admin_1.01
    - admin_login_as_customer_v2.1
    - google_analytics_by_andrew_2.1.1
    - image_handler__for_vx_2.0_for_137

A lot of work has been done by myself, friends of mine and professionals in the web buisness. I have a great graphic artist that I think is really clever. If you are interested in finding out more about the artist behind my design, drop me a pm, and I'll put you in touch...

Thanks go to Zencart team, people developping modules and doing some great feedback of their modules, and of course all the help on these forums. So thanks again everyone.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Feedback and details on a live ZenCart Store

I think it looks great! Very unique and honestly a very very good Zen Cart site.

Unfortunately on my screen the header juts out slightly on the right hand side, so its out of alignment with the rest. [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/John/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/John/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]Otherwise no other obvious problems.

I think if I reading French right, some of the empty flash sections that come in from the right on the home page say 'section in development'. That to me strikes of unprofessionism. Erase those sections until they are completed. Or complete them ASAP.

Because its in French its more difficult to get a feel for it and know what is what!

Cheers,

John
    Retro 36

www.retro36.co.uk
    www.retro36.ca