Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI

What I am looking to do is this.

Take pre Orders from my customers.

But charge them months later when the item becomes available.

Can this be done by exporting the information to quickbooks.

Then when the item gets shipped out charge the customer through Quickbooks and my merchant??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by milobloom View Post
    What I am looking to do is this.

Take pre Orders from my customers.

But charge them months later when the item becomes available.

Can this be done by exporting the information to quickbooks.

Then when the item gets shipped out charge the customer through Quickbooks and my merchant??
    Yes, this is no problem for QBI. The order would be imported as an Invoice. Once it is in Quickbooks, it is just like any other Invoice in QB, and you can charge them whenever you wish using the built-in Quickbooks Merchant Service or whatever system you have. Note however that the credit card information is not imported (the iif format doesn't allow this), although there is a way to modify the QBI template so that it imports as a comment on the invoice.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Adam I posted a bug report some time back in post 476 where QBI does not match an item with one attribute in Zen with a group in Quick Books. I posted another follow up in post 581 where you said that you had forgotten all about it and would take a look at it. I haven't heard anything more on this bug. I have not been able to use QBI because almost all of my items are in groups in QB. Do you have a code fix for it yet?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI ?POS?

Adam,
    It appears you are the person to ask.
    Does the QBI work with Quickbooks POS or just PRO?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by djstern View Post
    Adam I posted a bug report some time back in post 476 where QBI does not match an item with one attribute in Zen with a group in Quick Books. I posted another follow up in post 581 where you said that you had forgotten all about it and would take a look at it. I haven't heard anything more on this bug. I have not been able to use QBI because almost all of my items are in groups in QB. Do you have a code fix for it yet?

Thanks
    Hi,

I have not had any other reports of this problem. I don't know if it is something particular to your server or your products. I would probably need to look at your QBI to see the issue and reproduce it. But, I don't provide that level of support for the free version of QBI, nor do I plan on bug fixes (it is already essentially bug free), nor do I currently have it installed, as it is one year old and has long been superseded by later versions. If the free version does not meet your needs, you might consider the non-free version. I may offer an updated free version when 4.0 is released.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI ?POS?

Quote Originally Posted by guynumber6 View Post
    Adam,
    It appears you are the person to ask.
    Does the QBI work with Quickbooks POS or just PRO?
    Just US versions of Pro, Premier, or Enterprise. POS and non-US capability is planned for the future.

- Adam

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adam5532 View Post
    Hi,

I have not had any other reports of this problem. I don't know if it is something particular to your server or your products. I would probably need to look at your QBI to see the issue and reproduce it. But, I don't provide that level of support for the free version of QBI, nor do I plan on bug fixes (it is already essentially bug free), nor do I currently have it installed, as it is one year old and has long been superseded by later versions. If the free version does not meet your needs, you might consider the non-free version. I may offer an updated free version when 4.0 is released.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Actually, in your earlier reply to my post on this issue when I first reported it, you did indicate that it was a bug and would be fixed. When I later brought it up again after a considerable amount of time had passed you admitted that it had fallen through the cracks and that you would look at it and that it had been assigned issue #21. So far I have not been able to use QBI at all because of it's inability to handle groups in QB. I had hoped that after all this time it would finally be fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI HELP PLEASE

Ok I downloaded this contribution to try it before I go with the paid version and I must be overlooking something very important but be darned if I can find it!!!

I installed the catalog into my main shoppping cart directory (just downloaded it today). But when I go to the customers menu there is nothing there. So I tried to run the qbi_install.php for the heck of it (figuring I have the back up can't do much harm). Well when I do that I get a missing file error message...
    Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in *****store/catalog/admin/qbi_install.php on line 22

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in *****store/catalog/admin/qbi_install.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in *****store/catalog/admin/qbi_install.php on line 22

(Note *** replaces the file structure for security...)

Now where the heck is this application_top.php file? I redownloaded this this 3 times... any help please?

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Wow what an idiot i am... nevermind I found what I did wrong... sorry!!!

Rich

Plugin Contributions

I might of missed in earlier posts it but If we have part #'s with different colors, Will this import into quickbooks as an attribute?

Thanks,

Ben