Plugin Contributions

Default Short Description Problem

I have downloaded the short description mod and installed it. I have given short descriptions to a few products to test it out. I can't seem to get those descriptions to show up on the product listing pages. I have set the "display product short description" to different numbers, and the only thing that ever changes is sometimes I'll get multiple pictures of the item or multiple titles for the item, but the description will not show up. Can somebody help me please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description Problem

As a follow up, when I turn the product description on (the one pulled from the long description), that shows up properly, but I can't get the short description turned on.

Plugin Contributions

I've not used that mod myself, but it's a bit of an odd one, in that you need to install an older version and then the latest (which just patches a couple of files) on top. I suspect that it may also be sensitive to being used with the version of Zen Cart for which it was written.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I am currently running version 1.3.6. Does anyone know for sure if the version makes a difference in this working? I know I have to upgrade at some point, but I really would prefer to hold off a little (due to time constraints).

I have had this module working on 1.2.7 and all of the 1.3.x series, were you just having an issue with the description not displaying on the product_info page (i.e, can you see the admin text-box properly) or was it something more than that?

Plugin Contributions

I can see the box in the admin and I have added a short description to that. I just can't get the short description to show up on the product listing pages. The weird thing is when I set the Display Product Short Description in Admin->Product Listing to 1 or 2, the image for the product shows up twice. If I set it to 3 or greater, the title of the product shows up twice. If I set it to 0, everything shows up just once, but no matter what I do I can't get the short description to show up. You can see an example of what I'm talking about at http://www.musclewithoutsupplements....index&cPath=67

Plugin Contributions

I think I've figured it out. It looks like I had already made changes to the product_listing.php file, so I needed to put it in my overrides folder, and that seems to show the short description now. The only problem I'm having now is the short description shows up next to the item name instead of underneath it. I'll get to work on that.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I see how you can arrange where you want the image, product title, and product description by changing the values associated with it in admin-configuration-product listing but I can't figure out how to get the short description underneath the title of the product instead of next to it. Any ideas on that?

Plugin Contributions

I got this to work. I did a developers toolkit search in admin for all instances of PRODUCT_LIST_SHORT_DESC and then deleted anything having to do with that. Then I went into product_listing.php and changed where it calls the description so that it shows the short description instead and now it shows up properly.