Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Wholes vs. Retail

I have a web site with two classes of customers, wholesale and retail. I need to be able to have the different classes view slightly different information, including the main page and product pricing. I also need to have the shopping cart act slightly differently on checkout depending on the customer class.

I have posted a detailed description of what's needed at http://ipicdg.com/jballotti/private/WS_SOW.pdf.

Could someone look at this and tell me first if all the requirements can be met, and if so, how to do it.

Thanks
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wholes vs. Retail

Hi there
    The is a dual pricing mod in the download area of Zen Cart that I use that will address your pricing needs. Not sure about the rest.

Plugin Contributions

I just created a whole new site off my retail site where they can login (page is locked until wholesale customer is approved) they can create an account but cant see prices.

I needed different info for both too, it was too hard for me to do any coding to get it going so I just used all my current database (retail) and uploaded it to the new wholesale site, so i didnt need to re-enter anything, them i just change what i needed in the wholesale, eg prices, shipping, min orders etc

the dual pricing is good if you do not have to do all the extra bits, but as i needed all different pages/info i just recreated a copy of the original.

cheers

Plugin Contributions

The dual pricing mod is already installed and working. But it doesn't give me the rest of what I need. I thought of installing a second cart just for wholesale customers, but that's not a very elegant solution.
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Hi again
    I you want to run to sites there is also a mod that allows you to have multiple front ends controlled by one admin site. You can then simply have two different categories that equal retail and wholesale.

Plugin Contributions

What do mean by "not a very elegant solution"

If you are not a webmaster and dont know much about coding and you find dual pricing mod not what you need then this is your only solution, sorry but I tried for over 6 weeks to do different solutions without having a separate 2nd store, but in the end it had to be done. It took me about 4 days using my backups and changing prices etc. So basically I wasted 6 weeks, i dont want you wasting time when i think this is your best option

For example I needed pages the public can't access, like terms, prices and little bits and pieces that needs to be there, yet the retail needs other pages that wholesale customers couldn't care less about so I have one lot of ezpages for retail and one lot of ezpages for wholesale

If you do not want to do a second store off your main store then this is your choice, I wish you luck

Plugin Contributions

Excuse me, I didn't mean to upset anyone. But, implementing separate shopping carts for retail and wholesale customers means doubling the store owners admin tasks. A truly elegant solution would be one where retail customers and guests would see the main front page and be presented with retail pricing and information, but wholesale customers (when they log in) would be redirected to a front page specifically for them. Wholesale customers would see wholesale pricing. They would only be allowed to order a minimum quantity of any item (a different minimum than retail). The minimum order that triggers free shipping could be set to a quantity that is different for wholesale customers than it is for retail customers. And, wholesale customers can be offered products that aren't available to retail customers. And all of this can be done from a single shopping cart using a single database. That is the elegant solution I'm looking for.

While I'm not a programmer, I know enough about programming and the PHP language to know that what I'm asking for is not unreasonable and that it can be done.
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Being the only solution doesn't make it an elegant solution.

Quote Originally Posted by BrookieWookie View Post
    What do mean by "not a very elegant solution"

If you are not a webmaster and dont know much about coding and you find dual pricing mod not what you need then this is your only solution, sorry but I tried for over 6 weeks to do different solutions without having a separate 2nd store, but in the end it had to be done. It took me about 4 days using my backups and changing prices etc. So basically I wasted 6 weeks, i dont want you wasting time when i think this is your best option

For example I needed pages the public can't access, like terms, prices and little bits and pieces that needs to be there, yet the retail needs other pages that wholesale customers couldn't care less about so I have one lot of ezpages for retail and one lot of ezpages for wholesale

If you do not want to do a second store off your main store then this is your choice, I wish you luck
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

What is that mod and where can I get more information about it?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsz View Post
    Hi again
    I you want to run to sites there is also a mod that allows you to have multiple front ends controlled by one admin site. You can then simply have two different categories that equal retail and wholesale.
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

well goodluck with it anyway, but it will involve alot of customising in the code

I never said it couldnt be done, everythings possible if you know how

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast