Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disappearing SUBMIT button on create account

Perhaps your HTML and CSS are fighting against each other and causing an overlap whereby the button is overlapped or shoved out of view because of insufficient space etc?
    Does the disappearing happen when you resize your browser window wider and taller?
    How about if you turn off the right and/or left column globally as a brief test?
    How about if you change to the Classic template instead of your custom template?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Perhaps your HTML and CSS are fighting against each other and causing an overlap whereby the button is overlapped or shoved out of view because of insufficient space etc?
    Does the disappearing happen when you resize your browser window wider and taller?
    How about if you turn off the right and/or left column globally as a brief test?
    How about if you change to the Classic template instead of your custom template?
    • The button is not there after resizing he browser window.
    • I turned off the right and then ledt columns globally and still no submit button. Even with both columns off at the same time.
    • When I switched to the classic template, the button was there.

If the HTML and CSS are fighting against each other causing an overlap, why is it just happening in IE? And how do you recommend fixing the issue? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

^^^ See my post above.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    ^^^ See my post above.
    I just checked it out. The issue with with IE7 though, it seems like the peekaboo bug is a problem with IE6, or both?

I tried to go to the CSS and uncomment the lines that mention the peekabo bug. Nothing changed, even after clearing cache etc etc.

How would I get the damn peekaboo bug anyway? There don't seem to be any other issues with the site in IE. I'm not convinced that this is the problem... I may be wrong though.

=/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Something is forcing your page layout to expand further right than you probably intended. See attached screenshot. Note that the fieldset lines around the input area are not fully completed, but rather the right side is not displayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What do you recommend will fix it?

Why is it perfect in Firefox?

Plugin Contributions

In these type situations the first thing I do is Validate the code.

From doing that I would recommend you remove or correct the Web-Stat JS coding. You have other validation problems as well but the JS code is probably causing your current problems.

BTW, it is not perfect in FF as (for me) it shows the "noscript" alternative text link for web-stat.com; when I presume there is supposed to be an image?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    ^^^ See my post above.
    I did precisely that Kim -- thank you for (probably) clearing up yet another one of my headaches. OneLove, you might be interested in this solution for the peek-a-boo. Have not yet implemented it, but I will be doing so in a few days. Author of the page linked above claims the peek-a-boo still manifests in IE7, and may even be WORSE than it was in IE6.

Also, I'm probably running the same Web-Stat code mentioned by Rob. Probably has nothing to do with the disappearance of my submit button -- just one category of issues I'll eventually need to fix for HTML validation.

As for OneLove's question about why the button misfires sometimes in IE but never in Firefox -- refer to my initial comments regarding W3C standards compliance and Microsoft's refusal to comply.

At the risk of saying so prematurely, thanks for helping sort this out, everyone.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte! When I looked at the same page in IE7 (XP Pro SP3) the same fieldset did something screwy. A different flavor of screwy, but still out-of-whack. Submit button appears beneath the fieldset on my screen in IE7, but there is a problem there which I hope the peek-a-boo bug fix in CSS will resolve. If it doesn't at least now I have some specific ideas on where to look for the problem. The screenshot is VERY helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Something is forcing your page layout to expand further right than you probably intended. See attached screenshot. Note that the fieldset lines around the input area are not fully completed, but rather the right side is not displayed.

Plugin Contributions

why would we get the peekaboo bug in our zencarts? is it something on the server?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast