Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

bug Paypal echeck 1.3.8a problem

Hi,

I have read many posts and cannot find an answer anywhere. I am running the latest version 1.3.8a and having dramas with the paypal module when people use echeck's. Whenever a customer purchases using an echeck their order never shows up in the admin at all, not even as pending. Everything else to do with the paypal module works fine.

Any ideas on why orders arent showing up after echeck's clear?

Pleas help!
    Brad.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal echeck 1.3.8a bug

Have you double checked your PayPal profile? There is an option to accept or not accept e-checks...
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Yes that is all setup correctly as the echeque's process and clear fine into our paypal account but the order never shows up in the zen cart admin.

Surely other people are having this problem?

Brad.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you turned on PayPal debug logging?
    What do the logs show when the echeck order is placed, and when the echeck clears?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I did turn it on a few days ago but the logs folder is empty when i checked it today, i just set permissions on the folder 777 so that might fix the issue, when i get the next echeque go through i'll go and check it.

Brad.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

OK i did some testing and found that when making a purchase using paypal echeque a log file is created however once the echeque clears there is no log file created for that instance. We receive both the 'pending echeque' email and the 'cleared echeque' emails.

I can post the log files created when an echeque order is placed however i wasnt sure of the privacy issues with that, but if you need the log file to look into this further then i will comment out some sections of it.

Let me know!

Brad.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can PM me a link to the zip of your log files if you prefer to not have it posted publicly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I also have that problem with eChecks. Customer completes payment and is returned to Checkout Success, but no order in admin. Please post a solution here if you find one. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I've had the same problem since I set up Zen Cart (Version 1.3.7) over a year ago. I get the emails notifying me of the eCheck payment, but nothing shows up in the admin of my store. I usually end up emailing the customer to find out what they ordered. Very embarrassing. Luckily I don't get too many eChecks. I hope this thread ends with a solution.

Plugin Contributions

The easiest solution is to not accept eCheques. We do, so, I now use Paypal Sessions Viewer mod (in downloads). This is intended to show stuck orders when customer fails to complete last step of checkout when making paypal payment. Be careful because it will also show data from non-paid orders.
    The log_in_as_customer mod may be used to see contents of their cart when payment has been made, and you don't know what for.
    These are just stop-gap measures really. However I hope these suggestions help until someone comes up with a better solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast