Page 59 of 123 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

I'm attempting to install this and I wanted to say "hi."
    I may have a few questions but the instructions look good and clear.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem with www.liferingtest.com that ciaran121music was having. I can actually get to the first page of the COWOA sequence, but it COWOA doesn't show on the login page. Following your suggestion, I re-loaded tpl_login_default.php, but it doesn't seem to help.

I've been staring at this stupid thing since Monday and I can't see any more; can someone lend me a fresh pair of eyes??
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

@hedera

Do you have split-login enabled?

Admin -> Config -> Layout Settings.

Plugin Contributions

I don't, Steven, and you remind me that I probably should! Let me go check that.

And that did it! Thank you, I was getting really concerned! (That brings me down to only 2 or 3 show-stoppers instead of 4...)

Thank you, thank you, and I'll document that!
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

I have tried installing this twice and am not having any luck getting it to work. I think the 1.3.1.8 download is missing files. I cannot find all of the files listed in the instructions.

Am I supposed to download 1.3.1.7 first and then overwrite those files with 1.3.1.8?

Plugin Contributions

I did it straight from the 1.3.8 download. I couldn't get it to work either until stephen300 reminded me that the 1.3.8 version has to have split-login turned on... I would at least check that. Once I configured that, COWOA came right up.''

If you already did that and it still doesn't work, I haven't a clue. But I didn't need any extra files.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HTMLGoddess View Post
    I have tried installing this twice and am not having any luck getting it to work. I think the 1.3.1.8 download is missing files. I cannot find all of the files listed in the instructions.

Am I supposed to download 1.3.1.7 first and then overwrite those files with 1.3.1.8?
    There are no files missing from any of the downloads. There's really not any major differences between the 1.3.7 and 1.3.8 downloads. Its just a few files that had to be tweaked a little in order for them to work with 1.3.8. The 1.3.8 download is complete with all of the files needed to make the mod work. I have installed both versions on many sites with no problems. The one and only time I have run into a problem with it was because the person had other mods installed that were conflicting with COWOA. Anyone else that had problems ended up figuring out that they were not uploading into the correct folders or their FTP program was not transferring files properly.

Plugin Contributions

I noticed something in final testing that I'm mildly concerned about. I don't think it's really a show-stopper, but our customer base is unusual, and it may become an issue:

When you enter the billing information and click "enter", after choosing checkout without account, in the header the status changes from "Log In" to "Log Out." At this point you shouldn't be aware that you have logged in. I'm afraid it will scare some of our customers away. Is there some way to make that whole Login status display go away?? I've looked through the admin menus and it doesn't seem to be anything I can turn off from there.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hedera View Post
    I noticed something in final testing that I'm mildly concerned about. I don't think it's really a show-stopper, but our customer base is unusual, and it may become an issue:

When you enter the billing information and click "enter", after choosing checkout without account, in the header the status changes from "Log In" to "Log Out." At this point you shouldn't be aware that you have logged in. I'm afraid it will scare some of our customers away. Is there some way to make that whole Login status display go away?? I've looked through the admin menus and it doesn't seem to be anything I can turn off from there.
    There is a way to make certain links disappear when a customer is COWOA. I've always wanted to add these into the mod, but I have so much going on right now and never could get to it.

On my site, when a customer is COWOA, the "My Account" and "Log Out" links disappear. This is done by adding
    <?php if (!($_SESSION['COWOA'])) { ?> before the link and <?php } ?> after.

So take a look at a section of my tpl_header.php file:

<?php if (!($_SESSION['COWOA'])) { ?><?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>">My Account</a> | <?php } ?><?php } ?>

<?php if (!($_SESSION['COWOA'])) { ?>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>">Logout</a></li><?php } ?><?php } ?>

I'm sure you can add the same thing to the Login link. I never added it because I felt like the customer would assume that, even though they didn't really create an account (as far as they knew), they were still involved in some kind of "session" with the site. My confirmation page, for example, does not ask them to "Log Out", whether they are signed up or not, it asks them to "End Their Session".

Plugin Contributions

Beautiful, craftzombie, I'll get right on it! Thanks so much!
    hedera

Nature bats last.