Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales tax calculations incorrect.

Ok - This MAY be resolved, although I have only done one test.

I went to Admin -> Order Total and edited my ot_coupon module. When I went to edit it, I noticed that there was a section in there called:

Include Tax
    Include Tax in calculation.
    [ ] True
    [ ] False

However, there was nothing selected. Almost like this feature was added during an upgrade and it was never initialized.

So I put FALSE in that value, and placed a test order. It appears to be working with that test order. Perhaps some of you who are also having this same problem can verify this on your end as well.

Plugin Contributions

Jeff, I hope that helps you, but it doesn't help me - that is a setting in the ot_coupon module, which isn't even installed on my site - we don't do discount coupons.

I still need something which will reliably calculate sales tax at 8.75% without truncating to a lower value; this means it has to be rounded. I'll even give you a pseudo-code routine for rounding: Calculate the tax to 3 digits past the decimal; if the 3rd digit after the decimal is >=5, increment the second digit after the decimal by 1. In fact, if someone will tell me where the master class is, I'll try to write it myself.

Is anybody listening here?
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Haven't been around for a while. My fix works mostly, but it still screws up on some sales by a few pennies. It's maddening. Why can't there just be a compute tax on order instead of line item. Even more curious - why don't any of the zenners answer this post and the bug report on it. It's obviously a bug and a flaw.

Has anyone had complete success with this yet?

Plugin Contributions

I went back to my business partner and they decided we would simply accept the risk that on small orders the tax would be incorrect. Implementing the fix that makes tax calcuations 3 digits has solved the issue for all but a few very small orders, on the order of $1-$3, and we decided simply to risk this. If you don't know that fix, I don't recall the post number but it was around July 17 (based on notes in my project diary) and involved a modification to /includes/classes/order.php.

As far as I can tell, the zenners aren't responding to this because they don't think it's a problem. I've seen some posts along the lines of "it's working as designed, what's wrong with it?"

I'm in the process of teaching myself PHP and Javascript and if I can successfully figure this out, I may submit a fix myself, but don't hold your breath.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

have a look at: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105356
    maybe this helps

you can find this patch at http://www.zen-cart.at/zcvb/forum/vb...y&catid=9&id=5 (rev 364 == rundungsfehler)

Plugin Contributions

I am having issues with my tax not calculating right as well. I set it up for 8% for my State and county. I have to have individual tax rates for each county and outlaying areas. I do a mock order for about $60 the tax is $.76 is not right, not sure what I am doing wrong..any help will be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

My German is about as good as a chocolate fireguard. Can anyone give us any more info about the patch on the german forums please.

regards

Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesco View Post
    My German is about as good as a chocolate fireguard. Can anyone give us any more info about the patch on the german forums please.
    English is so easy for me as for you German

I'm sorry to tell that that patch only resolves a minor rounding problem; a product-price 9,99 was rounded up to 10,00

the next posters told about the tax-problem

I looked at that phenomenon & I think the problem is the rounding of all subtotals: vat of products is rounded, the order-fee and so on; at the same time this values will be formated & now its hard to calculate with that strings;
    I think the only way ist calculate with at least 4 decimal places & round & format that values at a later time

at the moment I have to capitulate: too many places to manipulate

Plugin Contributions

at the moment I have to capitulate: too many places to manipulate
    Send a gift to HPDL for that. The joys of legacy code.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Send a gift to HPDL for that. The joys of legacy code.
    Better yet, promise the gift but never deliver :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234