Plugin Contributions

help question Altering the new products box (add manufacturer and category)

OK I have to admit I feel myself stupid asking this but I've really struggled with dev toolkit for hours without a clue..

Anway I'd need to display following in the new products box..

image and product link
    manufacturer name (and if possible manufacturer sort link)
    products name and product link
    products category and category link

here's a code snippet from my modules/new_products that would need the fix..

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="centerBoxContentsNew centeredContent back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
    'text' => (($new_products->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products->fields['products_image'], $new_products->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />') . '<h3><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products->fields['products_name'] . '</a></h3><br />' . $products_price);

For now it only displays the image and the name and price.. Can anyone who knows a little bit more about zen code help me out?!?!

cheeers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Altering the new products box (add manufacturer and category)

image and product link
    manufacturer name (and if possible manufacturer sort link)
    products name and product link
    products category and category link
    Guess I do not understand all/anything that you want????

image and product link are already there by default - if you click on it you are taken to the product - is that not a "product link"?

What is a "manufacturer sort link"???
    Is not "products name and product link" already there??? You stated you have the name & price already
    Aren't you already taken to the product and it's category???

What do you want a category link to do?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Sorry... Ok again what I'd like to add to the new products listing box on my index page is products manufacturer name (forget the link) and if any how possible the category product is in.. did that clear things up?

Plugin Contributions

Ok I'd be more than happy if someone could tell me how to add just the manufacturer name to the boxes or listings.. new products, featured etc.. The problem is that I cannot use product names as headings since they're too long and would mess up the layout..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Altering the new products box (add manufacturer field to music product)

Hi there,
    I should have a filter function to filter my products based on country, retailer, product class and manufacturer. unfurtunately zen doesn't have a more deep search in these point as this is not necessary for a shopping cart.
    I decided to use music products for completely another type of my products and therefore I need to add manufacturer field to the product too. then the customer can also by clicking manufacturer in sidebox goes to the products from it.
    I read this article, but finally I don't know how do I have to do for this minor changes:
    http://www.midwestspeedsupply.com/do...es_readme.html

any idea how do I add manufacturer field in admin pages of music products and get the correct results in front shop too?

2- is there any other alternative that I decided to do?

many thanks