Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO URL help needed!

As far as the google submission problems you are referring to dontknow. I have only had the site running for less then two months and I already have quite a few pages indexed in there.. I used google pages to submit the site. No duplicate entries. I am also on MSN and Yahoo as well.. I just need to add more information and more products and I will have some decent saturation on the engines..Or at least many more pages indexed.

Plugin Contributions

I installed the mod & it worked fine--however, the way it's written, it allows unlimited URLs to match up to any given product or category as long as a few parameters remain..

consider a URL like this:
    eg. mysite.com/widgets-pink-c-fluffy-p-34_24.html

some URLS that will match without causing an error or redirect:
    mysite.com/blahblahblahfd8f98f-pink-c-fluffy-p-34_24.html
    mysite.com/widgets-pinkv9ds7f987f-c-fluds809fffy-p-34_24.html
    mysite.com/widgets-pfd87f87879ink-c-fluXXXXXXXXXxffy-p-34_24.html

As long as the "-c-" "-p" and "34_24.html" stay in the URL, you can type anything you want, and it will still resolve to the same page without producing a 404 error, or a 301 redirect--in fact, the mod is completely devoid of redirects.

try this for fun... (insert random characters in your URL while this mod is installled, & see how it still resolves to the same page without causing an error, or performing a redirect) if you're not concerned by what you see, then move forward by all means.

Plugin Contributions

There's no problem getting a site submitted to google--my point here is that if your site grows/ becomes bigger, someone could easily give you a 'bad' backlink, which would get you indexed with a duplicate page.

This could happen unlimited times.

If you don't see why thats cause for alarm, perhaps you need more SEO knowledge.

Anyway, I'm giving free friendly advice. I am working on getting a truly clean SEO mod for my Zen Cart--as none of the existing ones meet my requirements. As I stated either here or in another thread (I'm too lazy to check), programs like the Wordpress CMS have exceptionally good URL handling. I really hope something like it gets implemented with Zen Cart, but I don't think I see enough people interested/ pushing for it.

Most people that care about this simply use a different cart...

However, Zen Cart is perfect for me--and I'm going to live with the flaw of ugly URLs until I find a proper permanent solution.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all. I wish I had read these threads before installing!!! I hope someone can shed some light on this -

I had Ultimate SEO URLs working fine from test location but after moving the site to launch on a new server most pages fail to load, returning "Page Not Found". I would remove it altogether but it is required to make my Lightbox Gallery mod work.

I have amended all path references in configure.php, .htaccess, etc. but still no fix. I suspect that perhaps there may be some incorrect path entries in the database...?? I'm new to DB admin so it's just a guess.

Any ideas??????? Thanks in advance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123