Page 40 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

help question Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Hello Andrew :)

I'm new to Zen Cart and the forum. I stumbled across your Rewards Points addon and it sounds fantastic and perfect for my needs!!!

I'm pretty green when it comes to this kind of thing though and at the risk of sounding totally stupid, I have a question that I'm hoping you can help me with
    I've spent days trying to figure it out myself, to avoid bothering you....but I give in.

I have downloaded Rewards points module to my desktop and read through the 'Readme' and it all looks very straight forward.....EXCEPT 1 thing.....being the most important thing - "1. Unzip the file into your Zen Cart root folder"

I have no idea where this "Zen Cart root folder" is Could you please point me in the right direction....it'd be hugely appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

I was working on setting up a clone of my store's setup (long story, basically setting up for a foreign language affiliate) and I did this by copying everything and then scrubbing the DB clean of the customer, order and product data.

During this, I noticed something that might possibly aid in the solving of the Paypal IPN issue.

I noticed before, and I think that I mentioned it, that when the transaction type is "unique" that the Rewards Points aren't assigned. and that when the transaction type is "web_accept" that the points are awarded properly.

Well, when cleaning my DB, I noticed a few other things as well regarding Paypal (I use only Paypal IPN for Paypal -- the RP mod works wonderfully for our CC processor)

When the transaction type is "web_accept", the following is true:
    module_name = "paypal 1.3.8a"
    module_mode = "PDT"

When the transaction type is "unique", the following is true:
    module_name = "paypal (ipn-handler)"
    module_mode = "IPN"

I am hoping that this info helps in some manner.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beadfaery View Post

I have no idea where this "Zen Cart root folder" is Could you please point me in the right direction....it'd be hugely appreciated
    That would be the folder where the store resides.

For example, if your website is http://www.yourSite.com and Zen cart is located at http://www.yourSite.com/store then http://www.yourSite.com/store would be the root folder of Zen Cart (and in that folder you would see the admin folder, the download folder, the includes folder, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by beadfaery View Post

I'm new to Zen Cart and the forum. I stumbled across your Rewards Points addon and it sounds fantastic and perfect for my needs!!!

I'm pretty green when it comes to this kind of thing though and at the risk of sounding totally stupid, I have a question that I'm hoping you can help me with
    I've spent days trying to figure it out myself, to avoid bothering you....but I give in.

I have downloaded Rewards points module to my desktop and read through the 'Readme' and it all looks very straight forward.....EXCEPT 1 thing.....being the most important thing - "1. Unzip the file into your Zen Cart root folder"

OK....although it's now almost 2am I've worked it all out It's all installed and working properly as far as I can tell......EXCEPT....it's not showing reward points value under each item??? Can anyone help me here? Pleeeease

Also.....not a huge problem, but I've noticed that a group of items I have that are only $0.30 each don't get any reward points....even if eg; 10 are ordered...it just seems to go on the per/each price. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks again and I hope someone can help

Here's my site, so you can see what I mean re; no RP's showing under products.
    http://thebeadfaery.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=

Plugin Contributions

Hello
    I have a few issues here, need assistance

Reward Point Redeem Maximum
    How to set it to %, it says can but when i set it, it just function like normal integer
    eg 10% of 500 point will be 10 point instead of 50 point

Reward Point Maturity
    How to set the point to expire on their own after maybe 365 days from the earned date

Global Reward Points Settings
    I can only set global reward points
    but not setting subfolders
    can only zoom in to the item itself to set different point
    how to go arouond this?

Global reward points also self reset to 1.0000 after a while, i can't seem to maintain setting of global point 100.0000

Customer Rewards Points menu
    it completely loads my entire customer database
    how to seperate it into several pages so i don have to wait eternity to get one point adjusted?

Thank you for your help
    I am a total NooB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas84 View Post
    Hello
    I have a few issues here, need assistance

Reward Point Redeem Maximum
    How to set it to %, it says can but when i set it, it just function like normal integer eg 10% of 500 point will be 10 point instead of 50 point
    One of those things that is in the wishlist but not implemented yet. In the meantime if you use 0.1 it will work like 10%

Reward Point Maturity
    How to set the point to expire on their own after maybe 365 days from the earned date
    That's the 'Delete Old Reward Transactions Period' setting.

Global Reward Points Settings
    I can only set global reward points
    but not setting subfolders
    can only zoom in to the item itself to set different point
    how to go arouond this?
    This is set in Admin under Customers->Group Reward Points Redeem

Global reward points also self reset to 1.0000 after a while, i can't seem to maintain setting of global point 100.0000
    Are you re-installing the SQL by any chance??? Do you have the latest version (1.13a)?

Customer Rewards Points menu
    it completely loads my entire customer database
    how to seperate it into several pages so i don have to wait eternity to get one point adjusted?

Thank you for your help
    Again another item on the wishlist. I will make sure it is on the next release.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rasyr View Post
    When the transaction type is "web_accept", the following is true:
    module_name = "paypal 1.3.8a"
    module_mode = "PDT"

When the transaction type is "unique", the following is true:
    module_name = "paypal (ipn-handler)"
    module_mode = "IPN"

I am hoping that this info helps in some manner.
    Yes, that's the issue. Regular Paypal works. Paypal IPN (like Google Checkout) however does not use the same 'path' as any of the other payment methods and so the reward point mod never gets called.

I've tried various ideas to affect a workaround but none of them have been satisfactory. At this stage I think the only way around it is to modify the core code for the Paypal IPN (and Google Checkout) payment modules.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Im having a problem. Im using the mod price updater. The problem that i'm having is that when choose a attribute with a price the reward points do not update either to reflect the new price. But the reward points are showing correctly in the cart just not on the product page.

How od i go about fixing this problem so that they will update when the price change?

I've got it up and running and it's great. Yes I have the same Paypal problem as some, but I'm not too worried as I don't have a huge amount of customers that pay with Paypal, so it's not too hard for me to go and manually give them the points :)

I do have 1 problem, though. being a bead and jewellery making supply business, I have a few items that are priced below $0.50. These items aren't being allocated any points (obviously)....BUT- even if a customer buys eg; 10 of them, they still don't get any reward points.

I've tried everything I can think of to sort this problem out, but nothing has worked so far.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Plugin Contributions

I had a problem with it the first time installing and then I realized it was my fault (due to a mysql version). Do you know how I can make this work with zc 1.3.7.1, mysql 4.0.26, and php 4.4.4.

tia...

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley