Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Fraud Detection (MaxMind)

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhatimdoing View Post
    Simply stated-- what the person is purchasing is nearly irrelevant.

As long as you provide each of the data parameters requested by maxmind, they will give you a worthwhile risk rating. These include things like IP, Address, Phone, Email, etc etc.
    Yes, thanks. I understand that. I already have the mod installed, and of course it rates each purchase with a risk score.

Perhaps my original question was not clear: I want to be able to automatically deny any transaction that exceeds a certain risk score. My store is set up so that you can download your files immediately after purchase. Obviously I don't have want those with high risk scores to be given access. I want to *deny* access to the files if they have a high risk score.

From what I can see, there is no way to set the mod so that it prevents the customer from getting to the final stage of the checkout, which for our store is the page to download the digital products. If this is not possible, then MaxMind does me no good, since I don't ship physical products and don't want to have to approve every purchase, delaying legitimate customer's downloads.

Thanks, Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by eslpod View Post
    Yes, thanks. I understand that. I already have the mod installed, and of course it rates each purchase with a risk score.

Perhaps my original question was not clear: I want to be able to automatically deny any transaction that exceeds a certain risk score. My store is set up so that you can download your files immediately after purchase. Obviously I don't have want those with high risk scores to be given access. I want to *deny* access to the files if they have a high risk score.

From what I can see, there is no way to set the mod so that it prevents the customer from getting to the final stage of the checkout, which for our store is the page to download the digital products. If this is not possible, then MaxMind does me no good, since I don't ship physical products and don't want to have to approve every purchase, delaying legitimate customer's downloads.

Thanks, Jeff
    This is a feature I would like to add, PM me if you are interested in having it developed in the core mod. I am in the middle of updating this for 1.3.8...

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

Going on an earlier post made they stated that the scores weren't coming up in MaxMind orders. The top part is fine (it is telling me what country the IP address is) but the scoring part is not working. I have only enabled the trial version at the moment to test it out.I understand that I need to sign up for Standard or Premium service to get the bottom sections to work but I can't get the score section to display anything. Thanks all for your help.

PS, great mod. I recently had been informed that one of my orders was made with a fraudulent card so this module is exactly what I need!
    Online skin care and cosmetics
    http://www.beautyxpress.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bx1 View Post
    Hi All,

Going on an earlier post made they stated that the scores weren't coming up in MaxMind orders. The top part is fine (it is telling me what country the IP address is) but the scoring part is not working. I have only enabled the trial version at the moment to test it out.I understand that I need to sign up for Standard or Premium service to get the bottom sections to work but I can't get the score section to display anything. Thanks all for your help.

PS, great mod. I recently had been informed that one of my orders was made with a fraudulent card so this module is exactly what I need!
    This is essentially impossible, if you are getting the information back about the order it includes a score. The only thing I can think is that you are missing the file that defines what the scores are. Double check that you have properly uploaded all of the files. Check in the database and see if the score column contains data. Post the version of ZenCart and version of the addon you are using. If all else fails, PM me after reading the documentation (the part about PM'ing me :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    This is essentially impossible, if you are getting the information back about the order it includes a score. The only thing I can think is that you are missing the file that defines what the scores are. Double check that you have properly uploaded all of the files. Check in the database and see if the score column contains data. Post the version of ZenCart and version of the addon you are using. If all else fails, PM me after reading the documentation (the part about PM'ing me :)
    Thanks for your quick reply! I checked the database and everything appears to be fine however I did notice the it states my maximum queries is reached when I view an order....which is a bit weird since I only signed up yesterday. Is there something I missed... it must be something so simple....such as signing up to the standard service?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your quick reply! I checked the database and everything appears to be fine however I did notice the it states my maximum queries is reached when I view an order....which is a bit weird since I only signed up yesterday. Is there something I missed... it must be something so simple....such as signing up to the standard service?
    If you have used too many queries then you are reduced to minimal information or cutoff. How many queries were you given on your trial account? If you pay for a standard account you should see the scoring and additional standard info.

Plugin Contributions

If you have used too many queries then you are reduced to minimal information or cutoff. How many queries were you given on your trial account? If you pay for a standard account you should see the scoring and additional standard info.
    Hi and thanks again,

I have 1000 queries remaining on standard. I forgot to mention before I'm using 3.17.

Plugin Contributions

Hi and thanks again,

I have 1000 queries remaining on standard. I forgot to mention before I'm using 3.17.
    Did you set your maxmind id in the admin config?

Plugin Contributions

Did you set your maxmind id in the admin config?
    I did indeed. Just can't think of what it could be...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again,

Just an update. I signed up for the standard service and still no luck. It is still saying Maximum request reached however I have 2249 queries available.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast