Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Google Checkout Module That Works?

Is there a Google Checkout module that actually works?

I have installed Google Checkout module 1.4.7 by Ropu and cannot get past that damned "Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers" problem, when I point my browser to: http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php. - I just end up with the login box that I am not supposed to see (I believe) if everything is working and correctly configured.

I have tried generating the .htaccess and .htpasswd files, live and sandbox settings, HTTP and HTTPS, and also TRUE and FALSE for the PHP / CGI situation. I also tried manually modifying the .htaccess and .htpasswd files and every combination of settings I can think of (and yes, I am aware that <url-site-url> means "stick your domain name here".

I am also aware of several other (dead) threads and (very dead) wikis on this module and that is one of the reasons I have posted this. - Is the module completely dead or has someone actually managed to get past the problem I am having?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout Module That Works?

This module works fine IF you follow to the letter,
    all instructions contained in zip file..
    ESPECIALLY
    you must have certified Google SSL cert
    for it to work in Live Mode and
    Fast webserver/hosting so no
    timeouts when connecting to
    Google checkout server.

Plugin Contributions

Thank-you for your reply, Misty.

As I am writing a guide I cannot afford to be careless in following instructions and I would not have posted here if I had not first bothered to check all available information thoroughly.

As for the certificate, I am certain that it is OK. - Digicert, not some cheap 128-bit reseller trash (and yes, I agree that some reseller certs are OK).

Plugin Contributions

http://checkout.google.com/support/s...y?answer=57856
    List of SSL certs that Google checkout accepts at
    above url
    I just end up with the login box
    That is correct..

Plugin Contributions

So I should end up with the login box?

In the instructions it does not specify what you should end up with, but it makes it look as though a login box is an error and something you should not see and which should not happen.

...and thank-you for the link. - Digicert certificates are definitely on there.

Plugin Contributions

The error message is still recorded in the log file whenever that login box appears, but I have now taken a closer look behind the scenes at a number of sites linked to this forum and found that yes, there are other people with well established sites whose sites give the same response that I receive when trying to access .../googlecheckout/responsehandler.php, ie: a login box.

So, I'll go with Misty on this and see what happens.

For anyone else (and I know there are plenty!) who have read, or who are reading, the instructions and are not sure what to make of:

If you get a 'Invalid or not supported Message', 'Fail to get HTTP Authentication', or a request for User and Password, go to the next section.

If you get any errors, you must correct all errors before proceeding.
    It would seem that it can be translated as "Whatever response you get, go onto the next (configuration) section. - If you saw an error message you will need to configure your setup (or see the troubleshooting section), and if you got a request for User and Password you are OK, but still need to go onto the next section to check your configuration."

If I am wrong on this I guess I'll soon know...

Plugin Contributions

So I should end up with the login box?
    CORRECT..
    TIP...now get googlecheckout working in SANDBOX
    mode BEFORE live mode...SSL not required
    for sandbox.

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Google Checkout Issues

I installed version 1.4.7 as well. I had to manually modify some files due to some mods already being installed on the cart. When I log into the admin area and install the module I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_cfg_select_shipping() in /home1/giftscol/public_html/admin/modules.php(282) : eval()'d code on line 1

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Here is my site:http://www.giftscollectiblesmore.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Please Help: Google Checkout Errors in Admin

Will somebody please help me with this error?

Call to undefined function zen_cfg_select_shipping() in /home1/giftscol/public_html/admin/modules.php(282) : eval()'d code on line 1

I don't know what is causing it or how to correct it.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the additional advice, Misty. - Sorry it took so long to come back the thread, RL being a bit hectic at the moment.

ehswift, I am not sure about your problem but my personal advice would be to rollback your installation of the GoogleCheckout module (ie: put everything back to how it was before installing the module using the backup files you should have made) and then re-install the module taking care to use installation method 2 - the one for people with potential module conflicts.

As /admin/modules.php is not overwritten by any of the files in the GoogleCheckout module I would say that your problem lies in one of the files being referenced by that file and that file is, presumably, one of those overwritten by the GC module or modified by you to accomodate that module in your installation. - Again, it comes back to checking your installation, because you clearly either have a conflict or you have forgotten to copy something over somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast