Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Delivery Date Support Thread

Oh, those ghost files are Mac-related as far as I can tell.

It doesn't SEEM that the PO module is interfering with anything, but I just have no idea. I would think that all other aspects of the form would be having problems instead of just this. Comments works fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enchantedneedle View Post
    The calendar does work in IE, but not in FF. I was using FF to test it, my bad. Any ideas on the solution for the browser difference?
    What version of FF are you using? and Mac or PC?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    Oh, those ghost files are Mac-related as far as I can tell.

It doesn't SEEM that the PO module is interfering with anything, but I just have no idea. I would think that all other aspects of the form would be having problems instead of just this. Comments works fine.
    Well, once there are any other modules in the mix, there are quite a lot of variables of things that could be wrong.

One thing you could do, however, is compare the file structure of your PO module to the file structure of the Delivery Date module to find out if there are any conflicting files in there. If so, let us know which files are conflicting and attach any PO files to your reply that are in question.

Plugin Contributions

I removed the PO module completely and installed the order delivery date contribution EXACTLY as written.

Still no dice. The date is just not coming over. I am receiving no errors.

Also, for what it's worth, the calendar also does not work in Firefox for me (Firefox 2.0.0.15 on a Windows box). It works fine in IE.

Plugin Contributions

I removed the PO module completely and installed the order delivery date contribution EXACTLY as written.

Still no dice. The date is just not coming over. I am receiving no errors.
    Do you get a blank screen? Or is it literally just the date not working?

Also, for what it's worth, the calendar also does not work in Firefox for me (Firefox 2.0.0.15 on a Windows box). It works fine in IE.
    That's a bummer and i will look into it within the next day or so.. It's most likely just an incompatible or bad tag somewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Could the date entry be made mandatory?

Good day mrmeech. This is a great mod! I just updated to version 2 with the javascript calendar and noticed some strange behavior--from my customers, not the mod. They don't always enter a date. Consequently I get a date of Tuesday, November 30, 1999 by default.

I was wondering if there was a way to make the date selection required?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Order Delivery Date Support Thread

Is it possible to feed the date to Interapptive Shipworks? I need to print the ship date on my invoices. This module is amazing! I appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jbpounders View Post
    Is it possible to feed the date to Interapptive Shipworks? I need to print the ship date on my invoices. This module is amazing! I appreciate the help.
    Hey there - Unfortunately i am not familiar with Shipworks. Additionally, this module is configured to allow a person to request the DELIVERY date, not the SHIP date.

As for having the imputed delivery date on the invoices - that's already in the contribution's code.

Plugin Contributions

Right, I understand...what's the difference between having it be a ship date and a delivery date? We only ship on mondays so I set up the javascript to eliminate all the days except monday. Well if we could figure out how to insert the date into the notes section it should make it into shipworks fine..just need to know how to do that :)
    Thanks,
    JBP

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jbpounders View Post
    ... if we could figure out how to insert the date into the notes section it should make it into shipworks fine..just need to know how to do that :)
    Thanks,
    JBP
    That would take me a while to figure out how to do and i'm ridiculously busy right now, but i can point you in the direction that might lead you to an answer... which is to look over the CREATE function in includes/classes/functions/order.php. Or maybe it would be in the order.php file in the admin side?

Basically, i think you need to find the code that generates the comments when an order is submitted and put a line in there to suck the date from the order session and input it into the comments. Once you get that figured out, you will need to know exactly where and how shipworks is obtaining the comments information.

If you have a low enough order volume you can always open up each order and copy and paste the date into the comments field and make a new comment. But, that is clearly the ghetto and time consuming solution.

Honestly, it's slightly above my knowledge of the code that executes the order submission... maybe DrByte or Ajeh or one of the developers can guide you in a more refined direction?

Please let us know how you do with this and kindly post your solution on here for anyone else wishing to do the same thing down the line.
    Last edited by mrmeech; 15 Sep 2008 at 08:23 PM.

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast