Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: google translate for your shop

Thanks a ton! This is one of the best sideboxes I have come across

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: google translate for your shop

Hi,

Is it possible to display a header google translation rather than putting it in a sidebox? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dionidis View Post
    First I would like to say thanks to sn0ut for this great contribution.

I would like to add just some corrections for this module (just some typing errors I found).

Change this:

Franais into Français

Espaol into Español

Portuguese into Português

If there is problem with this extra letters ç, ñ or ê, please use ISO 8859-1 Character Entities (Entity Numbers).

Thank you once again for this great contribution!
    hi
    just to ask you where did you find these errors, in this packet on contribution packages ( http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=233 ) there is only two php file and no of them has this things, can somebody give the correct package and put it here please.

Plugin Contributions

In the latest package, only two files leave. It can not work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rainmist View Post
    In the latest package, only two files leave. It can not work.
    Actually, my test works, sort of. However, when you "login in" (after you switched the language) it goes back to english and if you select the language after login, it takes you out of your login. So only pages that do not require login are working.
    Very usefull anyway.

Plugin Contributions

MagneticOne.com has a commercially available translator. I haven't tried it, but their otherstuff is very good, so it's probably reliable....
    20 years a Zencart User

Nice & Neat add-on! Very helpful and more efficient than to edit in language mode!

Thanks a lot,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: google translate for my shop

Quote Originally Posted by sn0ut View Post
    My client requested a translate for many different languages. I have modified the tpl_languages template to display a link to google translate.

Not the most mind blowing hack but it worked for me. Hope someone else can use it too :)

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=233
    Hi thanks for doing this translator but i don't really understand about the installation instruction given. Can you please clarify the following.

No Core Files Modified

Upload the googletran file to the sideboxed directory in yoru includes folder. <<---- Which directory exactly??

Then upload the tpl file to your templates sidebox directory. <<--- which directory exactly

Go into layout boxes controler and activate the box.
    Agik Idup Agik Ngelaban
    Adil Ka' Talino, Bacarumin Ka Saruga, Masenggat Ka Jubata

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frontier2002 View Post
    Hi thanks for doing this translator but i don't really understand about the installation instruction given. Can you please clarify the following.
    Upload the googletran file to the sideboxed directory in yoru includes folder. <<---- Which directory exactly??

Then upload the tpl file to your templates sidebox directory. <<--- which directory exactly

Upload the googletran file to the sideboxed directory in yoru includes folder. = shop-includes-modules-sideboxes

Then upload the tpl file to your templates sidebox directory = shop- includes-templates-CUSTOM TEMPLATE-sideboxes

While I'm in this thread - I got exactly the same results by using Google Translate's freely downloadable HTML code to make a banner, then putting the banner in a banner side box and renaming the sidebox 'Translate'.

Both ways, the Google Translate widget shows up at my shop in Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari but *not* in Mozilla.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I've read through quite a few threads here regarding Google Translate, but cannot find what I am looking for. We have a site with language files in both English and Welsh. It works great for our Welsh speaking and English speaking customers.

What I would like to do is to allow people of different languages to read the pages of our site as well.

I understand that Google translate is not perfect, but if it even gives them a better idea it would be great.

I've already got a 'Language' Sidebox therefore with buttons to choose either Welsh or English version, and in this same sidebox underneath these two buttons, I would like to include the Google Translate service. I have tried many ways, but cannot get this to work.

The HTML code that i wish to put in this sidebox below the buttons is as follows.

Code:
    <div id="google_translate_element"></div><script>
    function googleTranslateElementInit() {
      new google.translate.TranslateElement({
        pageLanguage: 'en',
        includedLanguages: 'af,sq,de,ar,be,bg,ca,hr,da,it,et,fi,nl,fr,vi,gl,el,ga,ht,iw,hi,hu,ko,yi,id,is,uk,ja,lv,lt,mk,ms,mt,no,fa,pt,pl,ro,ru,es,sr,sk,sl,sw,sv,tl,th,cs,zh-TW,zh-CN,tr'
      }, 'google_translate_element');
    }
    </script><script src="http://translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>
    Can anyone advise me as to in what page can I insert the above code, so that the Google Toolbar shows directly underneath the language buttons in the language Sidebox?

Our website is at http://www.cadwyngifts.com

Thanks in advance for any help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12