Hybrid View

Default Re: BETA TESTERS for FEDEX XML

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    please note

1> List Price Setting does infact Return List Prices , set to false it will return your discounted price as set by fedex.

fedex dosnt allow you to show your discount rates... thats why the function was removed from the original fedex module
    From my experience the Orginal one was returning the discounted rates, We wanted to charge list prices but could not get the Module to out put them, ended up adding Surcharges to get the rate up

Here is a Screen shot from Both the Transactional and the XML, With the exception of the First Overnight rate the XML Module Returns Higher Rates when List Price is set to True.

Further It does not appear the Transactional it returning "discount" rate but rather the Base Rate with out adding any of the Surcharges...

The XML Module Takes either the Full Net Charge Field from either the List or Discount Result set...

I dont know if what was posted above it accurate, We are displaying List rates, Check with your Fedex Account Rep if you want to display the Discounted rates, I can find nothing in the Developer Docs that say discount rates should not be displayed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fedexxml.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	4697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fedextrans.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	4698  

Plugin Contributions

trust me Ancient,
    it was NOT returning the discount rates ( aka list rates )
    it shows the published rates,

at least it did when I stopped supporting it...

and fedex expressley forbids you from showing your discount rates
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Default Re: Beta Testers for FedEx XML

they must have changed their terminology then because "list" rates are the RETAIL rates

there are 2 Rate Categories Discounted and List

List is the "Published Retail Shipping Rates"
    Discounted is the price you pay as a shipper per your account agreement

So "LIST" is the HIGHER of the 2 prices. which is what you *should* send to the customer

Added to the Contributions Database
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1154

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the Fedex XML module on a ZenCart 1.3.8a site, entered my Fedex account number, state, zip, REGULARPICKUP, set Show List Rates to TRUE. I left Meter ID at NONE since I didn't see that info anywhere in my online fedex account setup.
    When I estimate shipping, I get $0.00 for the Fedex estimate (whereas the UPS and USPS options show proper estimates).

I noticed the following note at the top of the parameter setup for the fedex ground option:
    "You will need to have registered an account with FedEx and proper approval from FedEx identity to use this module. Please see the README.TXT file for other requirements."

What do I have to do to get "proper approval from Fedex"? I didn't see a readme.txt file in the download for any other requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by bdhoundus View Post
    I have installed the Fedex XML module on a ZenCart 1.3.8a site, entered my Fedex account number, state, zip, REGULARPICKUP, set Show List Rates to TRUE. I left Meter ID at NONE since I didn't see that info anywhere in my online fedex account setup.
    When I estimate shipping, I get $0.00 for the Fedex estimate (whereas the UPS and USPS options show proper estimates).

I noticed the following note at the top of the parameter setup for the fedex ground option:
    "You will need to have registered an account with FedEx and proper approval from FedEx identity to use this module. Please see the README.TXT file for other requirements."

What do I have to do to get "proper approval from Fedex"? I didn't see a readme.txt file in the download for any other requirements.
    That is hold over text from the orginal mod, the "proper appoval" is required for the use of the Fedex Icons, which this module does not use.

Fedex has some over Zealous Lawyers the love to harass paying customers. I have better lawyers so it does not bother me but some people get scared